Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So.. Account Wide Datacrons

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthTHC
04.01.2014 , 08:58 AM | #741
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Go ahead and ignore Musco's comments since they do not mesh with your desire to be handed that which you have not earned. I ask, though, how do you explain the second part of my post--the one in which it is stated in no uncertain terms legacy achievements yes, datacrons, no?

Also, why have we heard NOTHING from Jesse Sky, or any other dev, that this is even still being considered in almost a year, if not over a year?

Given the silence that this is still even on the wall of crazy, and the statements that it will not happen, i would have to say that it seems highly unlikely that we will see legacy datacrons. Feel free to tell yourself I'm wrong if it makes you sleep better at night. Keep this in mind, though. In the time that you wait for legacy datarons to be implemented, you could actually find them on your characters and have those stat bonuses that you want so much. I doubt that you will do that since it requires a little effort and time, however.
What if they name datacrons as a legacy achievement? Is it all in the name for you?

Agree with the rest - it's a dead issue.

Jamalzero
04.02.2014 , 05:16 PM | #742
This is still going? i thought this was the greatest build up to the Games most epic April's Fools joke... w/e have fun hanging on to hope. lol
Solo capping nodes is what I do best... If you're solo defending, prepare to be stun locked and killed!
"I like the way you die boy."
-Django

uaintjak
04.02.2014 , 05:58 PM | #743
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamalzero View Post
This is still going? i thought this was the greatest build up to the Games most epic April's Fools joke... w/e have fun hanging on to hope. lol

-Snakesan-
06.06.2015 , 06:20 PM | #744
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
We would really like to allow players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level, and it's pretty high on my personal wishlist. We're still investigating the technical feasibility, so I can't make any promises.

I'd love an update on this considering the recent interest from the community.
Sha-Kasan TheMagnificent Cerak'Thul Lovesponge KrisJenner

The Snakesan Legacy

Icykill_
06.06.2015 , 09:06 PM | #745
Quote: Originally Posted by Feztonio View Post
as soon as they figure out a way to monetize it with Cartel Coins rest assured it will be in-game. give them time to figure out how much to charge for it
As much as I'd like it free... I would actually pay for this... I have 19 toons just on Harbinger and have done all the datacrons for 7... I just can't be bothered doing it for the rest...
9 Layers of PvP Hell
And Please Fix PvP Gear Gap

Banthabreeder
06.07.2015 , 02:47 AM | #746
I want to know why the Fleet Datacron never got a codex entry. I have so many characters I can't remember which one has it and which one doesn't. If there was a codex entry, I would know, now wouldn't I?
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

Stoofa
06.07.2015 , 05:27 AM | #747
Well if the usual vocal bunch are bumping then I'll bump the "Please, do not make the datacron stat increases a legacy item that automatically applies to every single character a player already owns and every single character they decide to create in the future"
You are adding a dangerous precdent where by you would be adovating the idea that a player need only do something once, on any given character for the bonus/equipment to be applied to every single character present and future.

I feel confident it will never happen, but not confident enough not to post my opinion and my hope/wish on this subject. The complete lack of input from the devs makes me feel pretty safe that it will never happen.

Loc_n_lol
06.07.2015 , 05:42 AM | #748
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
dangerous
What's the worst that could happen ?

People might be rolling even more alts ? The horror...

Stoofa
06.07.2015 , 06:03 AM | #749
The dangerous precendent set would be one where by people would only need to complete a task once, on a single character for all characters present and future to benfit from this.
So, why stop at datacrons - surely all codex achievements should be shared? Titles?
But again, they don't actively change stats. So why not equipment? Coms?
Maybe I should only have to PvP with a single character, earn the coms, buy the PvP gear and then that automatically grants a set to each of my characters too?
If I go do some ops and manage to get a high rated mainhand - why shouldn't each of my other characters get one too? Not just the ones that exist right now, any more that I create should also get this item?

I do not agree with making games too easy and I certainly don't agree with a system where people only need to achieve something once for it to be a benefit to all characters present and future.
That is the argument against this.

The argument for is still "I don't want to do the datacrons on every character - I can't be bothered". That is still the only argument people are putting forward as a reason for these to be added.
I cannot be bothered to get into ops groups continuously and somehow "win the roll" that gets me the mainhand weapon - doesn't mean I should be able to get one on every character as soon as I've done it once.
Here is a referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/H579Bl
Be you newbie, subscriber or old-hand - we both get free things if you click me!
7 days of free subscription, a free character transfer & a bundle of free unlocks

Conundrum-NSA
06.07.2015 , 06:04 AM | #750
Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
What's the worst that could happen ?

People might be rolling even more alts ? The horror...
Some people think tedium in MMOs equals skill.

Some people think being able to put up with more tedium and time sinks makes them more elite.

I definitely support account wide datacron unlocks.