Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Female character texture is still messed up.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Female character texture is still messed up.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sethdil's Avatar


sethdil
03.28.2014 , 02:29 PM | #141
THE ONLY WAY THIS WILL BE FIXED

Everyone needs to STOP buying cartel market products. The current business model is to shove out substandard stuff because all the freaking squats will keep buying it. As a software developer I could care less on fixing something if all I have to do to appease the masses is bring out a few new trinkets.

Again the scrubs who purchase cartel coin and cartel market items are the real enemies they are feeding this beast. In bioware and EAs place I would do exactly the same thing. Why expend resources on fixes when I use that team to design a few new trinkets that will cause players to depart with sums of cash to have. KUDOS to EA and Bioware for the smart business model, no need to fix the broken with bringing out new items will generate more money.

Merouk's Avatar


Merouk
03.28.2014 , 08:42 PM | #142
Yeah except the "trinkets" are what's bugged (some of them), and we have stopped (well, some of us).

Zerileth's Avatar


Zerileth
03.28.2014 , 10:31 PM | #143
You have to stop buying the coins and the GTN items. There's the problem. The coin buyers are making in-game money selling packs and CC stuff on the GTN: that won't stop. The players that can't afford coins are buying the items on the GTN. It's fun buying new armor. It's part of the game. Remaking your character every so often: that won't stop.

Linamia's Avatar


Linamia
03.29.2014 , 03:33 AM | #144
my sub ran out and i did not renew it ..... fix the texture issue and i'll resub it's up to you.

Pookii's Avatar


Pookii
04.02.2014 , 12:09 AM | #145
Now Cathar models are glitching. I have never seen a MMO with so many texture glitches in my life. I love this game, and have stuck with it, but I think I have had about enough. It is just getting to the point nearly every character I log on has something wrong with it in some way, shape, or form.

Taramayne's Avatar


Taramayne
04.02.2014 , 01:54 PM | #146
This issue does seem to have gotten a mention in the latest "known issues" thread, so it seems we may have a chance to see it addressed since the stated new format trims out the "minor" issues.

TaitWatson's Avatar


TaitWatson
04.02.2014 , 02:04 PM | #147 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Taramayne View Post
This issue does seem to have gotten a mention in the latest "known issues" thread, so it seems we may have a chance to see it addressed since the stated new format trims out the "minor" issues.
We are actively working on this so that we can get a fix out to everyone as soon as possible!
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

PlasmaJohn's Avatar


PlasmaJohn
04.02.2014 , 02:05 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Taramayne View Post
This issue does seem to have gotten a mention in the latest "known issues" thread, so it seems we may have a chance to see it addressed since the stated new format trims out the "minor" issues.
Hrm, it says
Quote:
Skin textures appear distorted when wearing “bikini-style” gear.
Unfortunately it is not limited to bikini-style gear, that's just where it's most noticeable. I get this effect on the Confiscated Mercenary pants (Makeb reputation legacy gear) as well.

edit: Hopefully you guys have found or are looking for the root cause instead of fixing items on a piece by piece basis. To my hobbyist eye it looks like somebody forgot to regen the UV maps after updating the mesh (not saying that's it, ofc )

#GCGankedMyMMO
unsubed 2017.03.05

Projawa's Avatar


Projawa
04.02.2014 , 06:48 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by PlasmaJohn View Post
Hrm, it says


Unfortunately it is not limited to bikini-style gear, that's just where it's most noticeable. I get this effect on the Confiscated Mercenary pants (Makeb reputation legacy gear) as well.

edit: Hopefully you guys have found or are looking for the root cause instead of fixing items on a piece by piece basis. To my hobbyist eye it looks like somebody forgot to regen the UV maps after updating the mesh (not saying that's it, ofc )
Examples:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...nary-armor.jpg
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...ic-2_thumb.jpg

Those images are from the first half of 2013 so it seems this is a long-standing bug that somehow made it's way to other (skimpy) items in December when it was more easily noticed.

AbsolutGrndZero's Avatar


AbsolutGrndZero
04.03.2014 , 06:44 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
We are actively working on this so that we can get a fix out to everyone as soon as possible!
Thank you so very much for the update!
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain