Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spoilers inbound! TCW Season 6 discussion thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Spoilers inbound! TCW Season 6 discussion thread!

Kaedusz
03.26.2014 , 07:49 AM | #131
Just watched it. How the hell did they come up with ''Moriband'' *** is this ****,srsly.
what kind of imbeciles are behind the clone wars writing?

PS: the Bane part was a nice touch,however showing his illusion as a lava/fire elemental from sword and sorcery franchises like WoW was a bit over the top.

PS2: the Dark Side ritual and incantation Sidious did was awesome

Essence_of_Light
03.26.2014 , 04:11 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Just watched it. How the hell did they come up with ''Moriband'' *** is this ****,srsly.
what kind of imbeciles are behind the clone wars writing?

PS: the Bane part was a nice touch,however showing his illusion as a lava/fire elemental from sword and sorcery franchises like WoW was a bit over the top.

PS2: the Dark Side ritual and incantation Sidious did was awesome
Don't blame the people who worked on TCW! It was George Lucas himself who wanted to change it to Moraband because Korriban sounded too much like "Coruscant". An unneeded change on Lucas' part, if you ask me.

Quote:
In the fourth and final episode, “Sacrifice,” Yoda’s journey takes him to the Sith homeworld, “Moraband.” This probably the most newsworthy non-spoiler in the whole film, and it was addressed in the Q&A after. During a meeting with George Lucas, Lucas stated that he felt “Korriban” sounded too much like “Coruscant,” and wanted the name changed. This was discussed a bit in the Q&A, when Leland Chee suggested that often planets can have multiple names, and that may be a way to rectify this in the forthcoming canon. In general, it seemed to be a change that was completely out of the hands of Dave Filoni and was entirely a George Lucas decision.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!

Kaedusz
03.26.2014 , 05:41 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Don't blame the people who worked on TCW! It was George Lucas himself who wanted to change it to Moraband because Korriban sounded too much like "Coruscant". An unneeded change on Lucas' part, if you ask me.
''and also known as Moraband by the time of the Clone Wars'' (from wiki) ,this i can live with.
apparently they started calling the planet differently in universe by that time.

this means fans can still call it Korriban and not be wrong.

fellblade
03.27.2014 , 10:19 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
''and also known as Moraband by the time of the Clone Wars'' (from wiki) ,this i can live with.
apparently they started calling the planet differently in universe by that time.

this means fans can still call it Korriban and not be wrong.
Yeah - I am trying to think of it like Ancient Egypt (Seeing as that it kind of what Korriban seems to be inspired by)

I have Heard it Referred to as Khemet
The Greeks called it Aígyptos
The Romans Aegyptus
We (English Speakers call it Egypt)

I see Morraband the equivalent of 'Egypt' (The Modern name - Yoda is about 3000 years in the future after all)
and Korriban the equivalent of 'Khemet' (Essentially - a more ancient name for the same place)
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

Rekar
03.29.2014 , 01:46 PM | #135
Does anyone know when season six will be released on DVD?

Atim
03.31.2014 , 11:34 AM | #136
Doesn't the Rakata home world go by a couple of different names (not including its "Unknown World" moniker from KOTOR)?

Honestly, I didn't quite enjoy Season 6 like I did the previous two. Maybe just cause it was so abbreviated. I would've liked to have seen them lead all the way up to the Battle of Coruscant, but I guess in this way it doesn't trample on previously established events (Nelvaan, Cato Nemoidia, etc).
A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead."-Sev

"There's no such thing as overkill; just dead and not dead enough."

CassusVerda
03.31.2014 , 05:46 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Atim View Post
Doesn't the Rakata home world go by a couple of different names (not including its "Unknown World" moniker from KOTOR)?

Honestly, I didn't quite enjoy Season 6 like I did the previous two. Maybe just cause it was so abbreviated. I would've liked to have seen them lead all the way up to the Battle of Coruscant, but I guess in this way it doesn't trample on previously established events (Nelvaan, Cato Nemoidia, etc).
I really have given up believing those events have happened at this point. The Clone Wars Canon has broken my faith that any other events, dealing with the Clone Wars time period, not mentioned or referenced in the show are canon anymore. I mean they are still "canon" but like in their own continuality I guess. Which is sad in my opinion that the stories I grew up with and cherished are nothing more than placeholders and filler.

Did I enjoy watching the episodes. Yea. They were pretty good I guess. There were times that made me question the writing and direction a bit however.

Like Mace Windu being so blind to see that Jar Jar was actually doing a decent job at being an ambasador. Also how come Windu couldn't place a broadcasting comlink on Jar Jar's person so he could listen in on the conversation. It's an easy way to get around the "No Jedi allowed" rule and find out the problem. It also would make him less suspicious than trying to enter into a place he knows he can't get into. I mean did he really have to try and sneak in when he knows the entire race of the planet hates Jedi? We found that out in the Council Meeting at the beginning. What was he hoping to accomplish there?

I also wouldn't be surprised if those Aliens worshiped a goddess with a name similar to Traviss with their views on the Jedi.

The forced friendship of Fives and Tup. Yes you can say they probably bonded in battle over time I guess. But my main problem is there isn't any build up towards this. There aren't any episodes where the two even shared a conversation, now their suddenly best buds. If this was Echo I could understand the concern because we see where they come from and that could have potentially presented a better connection between the two characters.

Also....What is with Fives being an ARC Trooper and being assigned to the 501st all the time. He's an ARC Trooper. It makes me question why they even made him one to begin with. I know it's a weak point, why not just promote him to Lieutenant or something if your going to have him show up with the 501st all the time. Also him being an ARC Trooper would he really spend that much time with a "whitejob" like Tup? Wouldn't he, you know be too busy being able to blow up a weapons factory by himself, you know doing ARC Trooper stuff to form a friendship with a grunt he would barely have time to see theoretically? Thin complaint I know, but it still irks me the dialogue hints at Fives just being an ARC Trooper in name only when it seems he is essentially a defacto Lieutenant/Captain in the 501st..

Why bring back Trench if you just going to have him as a small exposition device for the bad guys er I mean Separatists. Kind of a waste of an interesting character. He even has the cool cybernetic parts that will sell toys. Also no explanation how he survived being on the bridge of a starship as it blew up? Still waiting on that explanation. If that's the case I want to see a Cyborg Admiral Piett in the new Star Wars Movies. That guy was cool.

I wouldn't have a problem with those mystic people saying Korriban is Moraband, but freaking Palpatine calls it that. I mean they are probably ancients that predated everything in Star Wars, but what about Palpatine. He's a Banite Sith. Wouldn't he call it Korriban?

Also Mark Hamil as Darth Bane.......kewl. I like that. Kinda Ironic that the guy who is Luke freaking Skywalker is trying to turn Yoda to the darkside.

BTW I'm semi-serious with my post...... this time. There I didn't even reference Dark Horse's Clone Wars Comic Series being a thousand times better than the show.
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

yoomazir
04.01.2014 , 03:48 PM | #138
I just didn't like how they showed Korriban and the Siths in the last episode, basically what I saw is some Sith ghosts that are sissies, and then I see a Darh Bane acting something like this: IMA DARTH BANE!!!! ARE U SCARED? BLAAAARGH !!!*vanishes*.

The CW show had some memorable moments, but they have made some serious retarded decisions:
-Mandalores are basically vikings in space, notice also that all mandalorians are humans, white, and most often blonde...
-Siths are just your average villains that do evil things just for the sake of being eeeeviiiiillll.
-Originally creating new characters to make them awesome and have some potential role just to have them killed later (see Maul's brother).

Still, I will miss the show, I get the feeling that the new Rebelz show is going to be terrible and will never reach the potential TCW had.

Master_Rukie
04.02.2014 , 12:56 AM | #139
But we need to talk about this....

Spoiler
<Republic Command> (Master)
<Imperial Command> (Dark Council)

StarSquirrel
04.02.2014 , 02:06 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Rukie View Post
But we need to talk about this....

Spoiler
We did, like 2 years ago when it happened... It sucked then, we kinda live with it now.
Zey: "Kal, you know that the Sith are bad news. They're evil. They've always been the cause of endless war and carnage across the galaxy."
Skirata: "Oh, that's a good one. 'My decapitations are more morally valid than your decapitations.' Only difference I can see is that they plan to end up with trillions dead, and you do-gooders manage it by accident."