Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Groncho
03.31.2014 , 02:12 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I just wanted to comment quick on that line so it doesn't derail the thread too badly. That line is entirely my fault and something that Alex wanted to leave out. I promise you the purpose of this thread is to get your feedback on possible designs for the next Warzone. Our PvP team is really excited to see what ideas you can all come up with. No joke, I just left their pit and every one of them has this thread on their monitors, they are taking it seriously.

It is the Community Manager in me that asked Alex to put that line there. I just tried to manage expectations a little there but I probably overdid it. Please, carry on with your ideas, the PvP team wants them This is a really cool chance to get your feedback right to the team!

-eric
I have no plans for future content , srry brah
Ch
LATIN LOVER

TeH-DeVa
03.31.2014 , 02:12 PM | #42
Hey there! Please disregard all the haters while they are vocal they are the minority! There are many of us who really would like new wzs!

There is one type of warzone that I would like to see!

Really the only way to describe it is call it what it really is and that's Alterac Valley from WoW.

My idea was take that warzone and put it into a setting of coreila. Let's say the Corporation Sector.

The imps would start south while the pubs start north. They each have a main base inside a Jedi for the pubs and a Sith for the imps. The goal to win is whoeever kills the sith or jedi first.

You'll get say 200 reinforcements. Each person who dies uses a reinforcement. If you lose all reinforcements you lose.

On before the bases there will be a minor base with either a commando or an imperial agent in it. Killing the leader in this base will gain take away 100 reinforcements from the other team.

Looking at the map out of the way on the left side there will be a neutral walker factory and on the right a neutral droid factory. Claiming one of these will give your side 50 extra reinforcements for a total possible 100 extra.

So this will give many ways to play and many different strategies/ideas to win!

Thank you for your time!
The BellHat Legacy
Forever rocking the Bell Hat!
Beleka! The tiny but legendary Chiss Merc Arsenal of the Jung Ma Server
-The Legendary Bounty Hunter 'Deva' Path of the Starsider and Bria server in SWG-

L-RANDLE
03.31.2014 , 02:13 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Brewkrew View Post
We have no plans at this time to give you ideas about a Warzone.
I just spit out my drink. I think I want to request a forum "like" button.

See Alex. This is what happens when the PvP community has been jaded for damn near two years. It shouldn't be a surprise that we are giving you the bird.

It's to the point of being appalling that you guys would even pull this move at this point.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

AlexModny
03.31.2014 , 02:14 PM | #44 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Who cares about the 'good' players or the emotionally wounded lovers lol!? I care about me! I definitely support another objective heavy warzone. Maybe a moving objective warzone like Headquarters in Call of Duty for example. Where a specific point is highlighted and players have to cap it via novarre coast capping and control it for a certain amount of time. First time to have their control tally reach say 5 minutes wins the game. So pretty much a moving king of the hill game.

Edit: I can go into more details in a few. Just cooking something right now lol.
A moving King of the Hill is a game type we have talked about. We like the idea but one concern is that it might end up just being a moving dogpile where the whole team is fighting the entire enemy team, making the whole experience a cluster on one point. What do yall think?

Good luck with the cooking Rasen!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

JaingSkiratapwns
03.31.2014 , 02:15 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM-Reborn View Post
Coming from the guy who trolled the commando thread and just claimed that this is the best balance patch even though 2 classes are being rendered useless dps wise and a few other classes are going to be OP, I'd say everything makes sense now.

I encourage you to run for Class Representative because you will sure help balance this game.
Yeah, I've lost brain cells every post of his I've read.
[
Plays on POT5

dego-harmonium
03.31.2014 , 02:16 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM-Reborn View Post
You just answered your own question. What kind of company would want to kill off their hardcore gamers?
I would suspect they have limited resources when it comes to PvP so I would imagine they have to put their manpower on what the community as whole wants. Most of the content now relates to the cartel market in some form pvp really does not have the opportunity so it is lower on the food chain when it comes to content
Arterial

JaingSkiratapwns
03.31.2014 , 02:17 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
I just spit out my drink. I think I want to request a forum "like" button.

See Alex. This is what happens when the PvP community has been jaded for damn near two years. It shouldn't be a surprise that we are giving you the bird.

It's to the point of being appalling that you guys would even pull this move at this point.
Agreed. As I stated earlier, TOO LITTLE, WAY TOO LATE. Classes are still horribly unbalanced, and the next patch is just going to make things worse, or at the very least, shake up what is OP and underpowered, there hasn't been a single point in this game short of maybe 2.0 where I felt the game was fairly balanced and every class had a role in pvp.
[
Plays on POT5

KarethRiker
03.31.2014 , 02:17 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by bannsider View Post
Another excellent idea freshening the visuals up would be great ie the denova one on tatooine would be cool
I think one easy way to do this would be to have a similar theme with more external obstacles. I think universal favorites are huttball and voidstar. Since Huttball already has v2, why not do something like voidstar. Maybe you set in a cave on Hoth with falling icicles, red reticles that need to be dodged while trying to plant bombs to get to the next part of the cave would be cool. Even making a way where these can be predicted so players can use it to their advantage would be cool. Maybe you look up and can see how many seconds left to a drop. Maybe you can even speed up the drop with ranged abilities.

Another Voidstar variant could be Belsavis. 5 rooms, fastest team to get to the end wins (2 rounds just like Voidstar). Instead of planting a bomb there would be 5 Rakata energy terminals. 3 second cast needed to lock each pylon. All 5 pylons needed to unlock room and give path to the next.

Last but not least. What would SWTOR be without Rakghouls. I'm not sure how feasible a WZ like this is, but here's the general idea. Set on Taris, there are points around a wide open map that have Rakghoul serum and you start with one dose, which you need to keybind. Run to spawn points, grab a serum. Inject an opposing player. If a player gets three injections they turn into a Rakghoul and explode. The Rakghoul then runs to your team's pen and you get a point for each Rak in your pen. First team to 100 Raks win. Strategy? Run and hide? Kill opposing players before they inject, go on the offense and inject the other team. Pretty different in my opinion and people love their Raks.
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

AdamLKvist
03.31.2014 , 02:18 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by JaingSkiratapwns View Post
People with opinions like that are why this game's pvp community is dead.
Play less smash and you'll be able to be objective
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN

cycao
03.31.2014 , 02:18 PM | #50
Musco, have you kicked around larger scale like say 12v12 or can the engine not support it?