Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FridgeLM's Avatar


FridgeLM
03.31.2014 , 01:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM-Reborn View Post
I forgot that actually reading a post, using common sense, and not automatically agreeing with a developer is a bad thing.
It isn't.

Knee-jerk cynicism and spouting off-topic nonsense is. What's also bad is when half the posts in the thread are yours because of all your angst about the subject.
<Death and Taxes>

Falloutgirl's Avatar


Falloutgirl
03.31.2014 , 01:44 PM | #12
At this point, what good is adding a new WZ, when the pvp population is dwindling daily. You pretty much killed your own game when you said "No" to the one thing that could keep it alive; cross server ques

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
03.31.2014 , 01:45 PM | #13
I appreciate you asking Alex...

My favorite map, going all the way back to beta, has always been Voidstar, I love the progression type map combined with the attack/defend mechanic. Since that's my favorite, here are my suggestions:

Fleet type setting (invade)
Attack/Defend mechanic
Less "guarding" would benefit ANY design - nobody joins a PvP queue hoping they get to guard
Single click objectives that don't require "guarding" afterwards
Less spread out objectives that encourage teamwork (again, similar to VS)
Huttball type "traps" in WZ's that aren't Huttball (player activated?)

PLEASE give us more than a map a year Alex...the current rate of development is outrageously slow. Re-skin if necessary...we need variety, not an intricate story to accompany the WZ...just new maps.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

dego-harmonium's Avatar


dego-harmonium
03.31.2014 , 01:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM-Reborn View Post
I forgot that actually reading a post, using common sense, and not automatically agreeing with a developer is a bad thing.
Considering ranked que's prolly account for a fraction of a percent of warzones why would they continue to invest in it? I'm shocked they did the arena/leaderboard thing TBH, aside from the pvp servers the community as whole has demonstrated it doesn't want to do ranked by how little its used.
Arterial

Uber_the_Goober's Avatar


Uber_the_Goober
03.31.2014 , 01:48 PM | #15
I'll take the same exact game styles, the same exact rule sets, but with new landscapes...

That's simple, and it mixes things up nicely.

Plus, you don't have to worry about implementing new mechanics nobody understands.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

bannsider's Avatar


bannsider
03.31.2014 , 01:48 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I appreciate you asking Alex...

My favorite map, going all the way back to beta, has always been Voidstar, I love the progression type map combined with the attack/defend mechanic. Since that's my favorite, here are my suggestions:

Fleet type setting (invade)
Attack/Defend mechanic
Less "guarding" would benefit ANY design - nobody joins a PvP queue hoping they get to guard
Single click objectives that don't require "guarding" afterwards
Less spread out objectives that encourage teamwork (again, similar to VS)
Huttball type "traps" in WZ's that aren't Huttball (player activated?)

PLEASE give us more than a map a year Alex...the current rate of development is outrageously slow. Re-skin if necessary...we need variety, not an intricate story to accompany the WZ...just new maps.
Ive always loved voidstar and huttball... the rest meh especially hypergates I dont like that at all

bannsider's Avatar


bannsider
03.31.2014 , 01:50 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
I'll take the same exact game styles, the same exact rule sets, but with new landscapes...

That's simple, and it mixes things up nicely.

Plus, you don't have to worry about implementing new mechanics nobody understands.
Another excellent idea freshening the visuals up would be great ie the denova one on tatooine would be cool

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
03.31.2014 , 01:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
I'll take the same exact game styles, the same exact rule sets, but with new landscapes...

That's simple, and it mixes things up nicely.

Plus, you don't have to worry about implementing new mechanics nobody understands.
I've often thought this might be the best thing to do...learning new mechanics shouldn't be part of every new WZ. It's ok to reskin the existing ones to get some variety going.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
03.31.2014 , 01:54 PM | #19
Here are two threads I posted about core design issues. I am tired of trying to beat you guys over the head trying to explain this stuff needs to be addressed first, which means this should be your focus..



http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=719106


http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583880



Make the game 100% enjoyable before you add more fluff to this crap cake...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Uber_the_Goober's Avatar


Uber_the_Goober
03.31.2014 , 01:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SageKabuto View Post
I find this to be odd. You're asking for ideas and you want to interact, yet you're like, "Well we can't guarantee that your interaction with us will change or do much." Bizarre really.
This isn't confusing, it's disheartening.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.