Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlexModny
03.31.2014 , 01:11 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Warzone Aficionados!

We are starting our pre-production (ideation stage, if you are into buzzwords) for the next Warzone and we want to get your ideas for a new Warzone!

We have a few ideas (even got a few prototypes on the backburner) on what we would like to do and what we *think* you would like but we want to hear your ideas before we move forward with a design!

Remember when you post, the more information the better. Layout pictures and descriptions always help, some of us are visual learners =P Think about and post your thoughts on how will the scoring work? What is the goal for each player? Will some players have different goals? How can players make a come-from-behind victory? Is this fun? The more questions you ask yourself about a design that you can answer and feel good about, the better the design.

Please make sure you understand that this is not a vote. Even if there is a consensus on a specific idea that everyone wants that is no guarantee that we will develop it. Also there is no guarantee that we will develop an idea that is suggested. We want to gather ideas on what you want from the next warzone so we can make something ya'll want!

Also please note that this Warzone will not be released Live during the current Road Map.

Looking forward to reading what yall have in mind!

Cheers!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

cycao
03.31.2014 , 01:14 PM | #2
Interesting.

MasaaCypher
03.31.2014 , 01:16 PM | #3
King of the HIll , hypergate with 1 node.. he who holds wins..
Luis / Icogneeto / Xusia
The Cypher Legacy
The Crushers
MALEVOLENT
Join the FB Swtor PVP Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/797168730337624/

cycao
03.31.2014 , 01:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post

Please make sure you understand that this is not a vote. Even if there is a consensus of a specific idea that everyone wants that is no guarantee that we will develop it. Also this is no guarantee that we will develop an idea that is suggested. We want to gather ideas on what you want from the next warzone so we can make something yall want!
I think this is my favorite part of this thread.

SithEBM-Reborn
03.31.2014 , 01:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
You noticed that too? Thankfully I am not the only one.

bannsider
03.31.2014 , 01:23 PM | #6
An arena toggle should be first priority.... pretty please

L-RANDLE
03.31.2014 , 01:30 PM | #7
My only question is did Musco troll us, or did they see the heat generation that thread caused?

@ Alex how about you don't release another gear tier and decided whether bolster or PvP gear progression is better for PvP? And no, they don't work well together, even though you guys seem to think it does. Every time you raise the bolster floor, you nullify ANY PvP gear progression.

If you guys do the right thing, then I would be willing to talk WZ options. Content don't mean much if the core design is fudged.

And get rid of rng relics please.

Regards,
L-Randle
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

FridgeLM
03.31.2014 , 01:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM-Reborn View Post
Carrot on the stick and a completely misleading post. Feel free to contact me via PM and I will give you advice on how to improve PvP.
Yeah I bet they're chomping at the bit to get your input after your three posts in under ten minutes where you stop just short of calling them liars.
<Death and Taxes>

Icebergy
03.31.2014 , 01:36 PM | #9
10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 7/10 HM
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

EricMusco
03.31.2014 , 01:39 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I just wanted to comment quick on that line so it doesn't derail the thread too badly. That line is entirely my fault and something that Alex wanted to leave out. I promise you the purpose of this thread is to get your feedback on possible designs for the next Warzone. Our PvP team is really excited to see what ideas you can all come up with. No joke, I just left their pit and every one of them has this thread on their monitors, they are taking it seriously.

It is the Community Manager in me that asked Alex to put that line there. I just tried to manage expectations a little there but I probably overdid it. Please, carry on with your ideas, the PvP team wants them This is a really cool chance to get your feedback right to the team!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]