Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,315 69.25%
Operations 926 27.70%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,287 38.50%
Companions 882 26.38%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 618 18.49%
Planets 1,389 41.55%
Crew Skills and Crafting 582 17.41%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 811 24.26%
Legacy 832 24.89%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,309 39.16%
Playable Races 982 29.37%
New Class 1,380 41.28%
Other 224 6.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3343. You may not vote on this poll

Drudenfusz's Avatar


Drudenfusz
03.28.2014 , 10:27 AM | #811
Quote: Originally Posted by Livein View Post
Bump for sticky!
Thanks, missed that thread so far. Interesting to see so many peopel wanting class story, the feature that BioWare said they don't continue...

I voted also, PvP Content, and I have to say I consider cross server warzones as content in this regard (since I view other players in PvP as content). But of open World PvP features would be also nice to have!

On the minigames, for which I also voted, I would like to have some sort of pet battle system.

Would like to see the pilot NPCs we got in GSF also as full companions and I hope that Togruta will be the species. And finally I would love to see one day Naboo and Geonosis in SWTOR.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Darth-Obvious's Avatar


Darth-Obvious
03.28.2014 , 03:49 PM | #812
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Ah, a nice blast from the past. Funny how there are still some people here who try to say that class story isn't what the majority want.

Granted, we aren't getting class story anymore, but it shows the expressed desire for there to be a continuation of story other than Dailies/Flashpoints/Ops in the form of questing, and for it to better tie into what was accomplished in the class stories.

Anyone who tries to spin the numbers or claim they aren't what they plainly are is either deluding themselves or trolling.
The majority of the player population could say they want the class stories continued and it still wouldn't happen.

At this point they can't put out content at the rate they are and do something like class stories. If they continued class stories they'd be focused on them for a significant length of time without us seeing any other updates while that was in production.

Sadly the current team just doesn't have to resources to put out the type of content people want to see, especially not at the rate they want to see it. It's not something that will change either. Like they can't just staff up to do a bigger project.

The easiest way to describe it is that they have an annual budget that they can't go over. A budget mind you that isn't very big. They could use the budget to hire more people but then they'd have less money to spend on the game's development.

Livein's Avatar


Livein
03.29.2014 , 02:24 AM | #813
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Obvious View Post
The majority of the player population could say they want the class stories continued and it still wouldn't happen.

At this point they can't put out content at the rate they are and do something like class stories. If they continued class stories they'd be focused on them for a significant length of time without us seeing any other updates while that was in production.

Sadly the current team just doesn't have to resources to put out the type of content people want to see, especially not at the rate they want to see it. It's not something that will change either. Like they can't just staff up to do a bigger project.

The easiest way to describe it is that they have an annual budget that they can't go over. A budget mind you that isn't very big. They could use the budget to hire more people but then they'd have less money to spend on the game's development.
I'm not goiing to give them free pass over this.

How bout they invest some of those profits and incrementaly grow a team? Remember, they said mastering hero engine is what took them that much time to complete the game. Now they have team of experienced developers, they've improved engine significantly. So I don't think they don't need very large (pre-launch numbers) team to make it happen.

Renoka's Avatar


Renoka
03.29.2014 , 05:50 AM | #814
I wanna see speeder races

Darth-Obvious's Avatar


Darth-Obvious
03.29.2014 , 12:56 PM | #815
Quote: Originally Posted by Livein View Post
I'm not goiing to give them free pass over this.

How bout they invest some of those profits and incrementaly grow a team? Remember, they said mastering hero engine is what took them that much time to complete the game. Now they have team of experienced developers, they've improved engine significantly. So I don't think they don't need very large (pre-launch numbers) team to make it happen.
That's not how it works.

EA sees that the game is profitable as is. As such they're not going to give the team more money to work with even if they game started making more money.

There's no solution to Bioware Austin's problems as this point. Things will stay as they are for some time to come.

Sith-Viscera's Avatar


Sith-Viscera
03.29.2014 , 02:35 PM | #816
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post

more class story /facepalm.. sure let's spend another 100 million on voiceovers played through in half a month.
clap clap great idea
Tell u what, u listen to the voice overs one time then skip them after that and People that appreciate the time and effort will listen to them as much as they like. That simple.......
I can use my powers to conjure up your worst nightmares and bring them to life before your eyes. I can drive you mad with fear, shred your sanity, and leave you a raving lunatic for the rest of your life. -Darth Zannah

Hoshkar's Avatar


Hoshkar
03.29.2014 , 06:47 PM | #817
As someone newer to the game, some of my choices reflect more of someone who doesn't have a 55, or has yet to see end game content. For me though...

1. Crew Skills and Crafting (lowest on the list right now, but I love doing this, I spend most of my time on it)
2. Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) (getting side tracked is the best part of any game)
3. Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) (some races have really limited choices!!!!)
4. Companions (as well as Companion customization appearances would be really nice)
5. Playable Races (variety is the spice of life)


Again, this is off someone who's highest level is 30. I am sure by 55 (+ a few alts at 55), and playing the game for a much longer time my choices would be a lot different!
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

Kourage's Avatar


Kourage
03.29.2014 , 06:53 PM | #818
Shame on BioWare for allowing "Playable Races" rather than "Species".
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

LordPaulusCobris's Avatar


LordPaulusCobris
03.30.2014 , 10:07 PM | #819
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Obvious View Post
The majority of the player population could say they want the class stories continued and it still wouldn't happen.

At this point they can't put out content at the rate they are and do something like class stories. If they continued class stories they'd be focused on them for a significant length of time without us seeing any other updates while that was in production.

Sadly the current team just doesn't have to resources to put out the type of content people want to see, especially not at the rate they want to see it. It's not something that will change either. Like they can't just staff up to do a bigger project.

The easiest way to describe it is that they have an annual budget that they can't go over. A budget mind you that isn't very big. They could use the budget to hire more people but then they'd have less money to spend on the game's development.
Hi!
Where is sayd that Bioware is not going to put more story classes on the game?
Also, would be interesting to see some more companion storys and arcs...

For me this game (like all the SW universe) is about the lore and us FEELING PART OF THE WORLD.
Doing the same crap all over again just isnīt what i believe this game can be...

Best Regards,

LPC
Lord Paulus Cobris

Essence_of_Light's Avatar


Essence_of_Light
03.30.2014 , 10:45 PM | #820
Quote: Originally Posted by LordPaulusCobris View Post
Hi!
Where is sayd that Bioware is not going to put more story classes on the game?
Also, would be interesting to see some more companion storys and arcs...

For me this game (like all the SW universe) is about the lore and us FEELING PART OF THE WORLD.
Doing the same crap all over again just isnīt what i believe this game can be...

Best Regards,

LPC
We can't just link you to one post because during the Cantina Tour Events they're asked about Class Stories every time, but the answer is no. They also gave a definitive no to continuing Companion Stories during one of these events.

Sadly, right now they are more fond of producing stories for our classes in the shape of Makeb-like expansions.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!