Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
03.28.2014 , 07:16 PM | #471
Also, should we keep the Ship icons? Maybe use less of em or put them in SPOILER TAGS section only?
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
03.28.2014 , 07:40 PM | #472
Repost

Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
I think those are legit. They're not Honorable Strategies, but realistically speaking, top-end PvP doesn't generally use Honorable Strategies.

Again, I don't really see a way to prevent people from sniping capital ship turrets. It's on BioWare to give them an invulnerability mechanic (not just 100% armor, because lol slugs). Until they do that, we're pretty much helpless outside the honor system.

Looks good to me.

I'm ok with getting rid of kills because while those are nice to brag about, K+A is more important and solo kills are "better" (i.e. you can't just sneak in and snipe someone for the last hit, as I've done more than a few times).

I dunno about kill streaks, though. Those are potentially important (especially in TDM). I'll let others chime in here.

Damage done is probably the ultimate bragging stat, but it's really not that important in the grand scheme of things. DPS is a better meter, imo.

Definitely vote to remove damage taken, though. My overall average damage taken is like 14k, which means I've most likely had a "record-setting" match on that front... but no one checks their damage taken, because it's a largely irrelevant stat. It doesn't look like there's been very many submissions there, anyway.

Don't just take my opinion, though. I'm sure other people have input.
"Kill Streak in TDM only"

I agree with you for kill streaks in TDM. In dominion kill streaks (imo) is more of playing it safely/passively/fighting newbies so you don't die. as a gunship it is very easy to use dodge shield, turn (+turn speed), barrel roll+booster back to safety especially in lost shipywards. perhaps we can keep kill streak for TDB and remove it in dominion (?)

"DPS replacing damage done or other way around"

Should we remove this altogether? It is very similar to DPS. The thing is tho this is the first thing that we look at after the match. The scoreboard instantly shows total damage done of players whereas DPS is something you have to look for. Maybe "Damage done replace DPS" instead?

Below: just my /2c...

"What Records/Stats can say about you"

How aggressive/pro/good at fighting you are
1. Solo kills
2. High accuracy
3. DPS OR Damage done
4. K+A
5. Kill Streak - more important in TDM (remove in Dominion)

kills and kill streak i put on the 4th/5th because we all know how easy it is to steal a kill (hint gunships ) Imo these are some of the more important stats.

(in an ideal scenario, without turret sniping, etc, etc) Which one do you guys think says more about your performance as a Starfigther? DPS / Damage done

Sample 2:

GALACTIC STARFIGHTER LEADERBOARDS

FORMAT
Spoiler

TABLE OF CONTENTS

TDM WIN @ 50

Damage done

Kill Streak

K+A

Solo Kills

Accuracy + Min damage

TDM TIME RUNS OUT

Damage done

Kill Streak

K+A

Solo Kills

Accuracy + Min damage

DOMINION

Damage done

Solo Kills

K+A

Accuracy + Min damage

SPOILER TAGS

1. GSF World Firsts
Spoiler

2. Videos
Spoiler

3. BW anecdotes
Spoiler

Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Lendul
03.28.2014 , 07:54 PM | #473
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
I agree.

Which records and categories do people want to scrap?
I think you misunderstand. Nemarus does not want to give you a chance to improve and refine the existing thread. They are a very self important and want to take it over/away from you. I personally think it's rude but some people just don't know better or do not care. We can't hold everyone to the high The Harbinger standards I guess.
Leader of Grace by Faith
Recruitment Video
May the LORD be with you

Armonddd
03.28.2014 , 08:00 PM | #474
Quote: Originally Posted by Lendul View Post
I think you misunderstand. Nemarus does not want to give you a chance to improve and refine the existing thread. They are a very self important and want to take it over/away from you. I personally think it's rude but some people just don't know better or do not care. We can't hold everyone to the high The Harbinger standards I guess.
you're funny

nem thought paowee had quit and was planning to start a new thread... after the DO nerf
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Lendul
03.28.2014 , 08:04 PM | #475
you're funny

nem thought paowee had quit and was planning to start a new thread... after the DO nerf
Um, paowee didn't quit. And the fact that Nemarus said they were going to start one anyway just stinks of smuggery.
Leader of Grace by Faith
Recruitment Video
May the LORD be with you

Armonddd
03.28.2014 , 08:15 PM | #476
Um, paowee didn't quit.
because anyone knew that until he popped back in after an extremely long absence, right

Quote:
And the fact that Nemarus said they were going to start one anyway just stinks of smuggery.
because this thread is super bloated... which, again, no one had any idea would change until paowee started getting **** done after an extremely long absense

also, when you said paowee was still around, no one had any proof that he actually existed and was willing to keep the thread going until he posted, because you basically said a thing and expected us to believe you because you had said the thing

there was zero smugness involved, just practicality

but feel free to keep assuming the worst of people if that gets your rocks off!
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Lendul
03.28.2014 , 09:15 PM | #477
because anyone knew that until he popped back in after an extremely long absence, right

because this thread is super bloated... which, again, no one had any idea would change until paowee started getting **** done after an extremely long absense

also, when you said paowee was still around, no one had any proof that he actually existed and was willing to keep the thread going until he posted, because you basically said a thing and expected us to believe you because you had said the thing

there was zero smugness involved, just practicality

but feel free to keep assuming the worst of people if that gets your rocks off!
Anyone can look at another poster's last activity by viewing their profile. Just because some lack the sense to use the resources available to them that does absolve them from avoidable ignorance. I am not assuming the worst I am going by what actually happened.
Leader of Grace by Faith
Recruitment Video
May the LORD be with you

Nemarus
03.28.2014 , 09:34 PM | #478
Anyone can look at another poster's last activity by viewing their profile. Just because some lack the sense to use the resources available to them that does absolve them from avoidable ignorance. I am not assuming the worst I am going by what actually happened.
I'm perfectly happy to let paowee continue running the thread. He agrees with my comments about it. And honestly, if he didn't, I'd have every right to start my own thread. Maybe it would take off, maybe it wouldn't.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Lendul
03.28.2014 , 10:43 PM | #479
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
I'm perfectly happy to let paowee continue running the thread. He agrees with my comments about it. And honestly, if he didn't, I'd have every right to start my own thread. Maybe it would take off, maybe it wouldn't.
That's very nice of you to not undermine someone as long as they do everything the way you want them too.
Leader of Grace by Faith
Recruitment Video
May the LORD be with you

Nemarus
03.28.2014 , 11:40 PM | #480
I would drop total damage and just use DPS. Damage is entirely dependent on match length.

Also, instead of having 1-5 for each category, what about just having top score for each ship class in each category? You can still sort by total, but at least then we wouldn't get 5 Gunships for everything. For each category, you'd have a slot for

Scout 1: Blackbolt/NovaDrive
Scout 2: Sting/Flashfire/Ocula/Skybolt
Scout 3: Bloodmark/Spearpoint
Strike 1: Rycer/StarGuard/Gladiator/Enforcer
Strike 2: Quell/Pike
Strike 3: Imperium/Clarion
Gunship 1: Mangler/Quarrel/Mailoc/Redeemer
Gunship 2: Dustmaker/Cometbreaker/Demolisher/Strongarm
Bomber 1: Razorwire/Rampart
Bomber 2: Legion/Warcarrier/Onslaught/Firehauler

For example, if you had a DPS scoreboard, you could have:

1. Sniperdude - Mangler - Jung Ma - 150 DPS
2. Raptorman - Flashfire - The Ebon Hawk - 146 DPS
3. Cometfan - Comet Breaker - Bastion - 134 DPS
4. Callem - Blackbolt - The Ebon Hawk - 124 DPS
5. Dominic - Bloodmark - Pot5 - 110 DPS
6. Tyrion - Imperium - Jung Ma - 98 DPS
7. Duke - Rampart - Bastion - 78 DPS
8. Minnie - Legion - The Ebon Hawk - 65 DPS
9. Large - Pike - The Ebon Hawk - 55 DPS
10. Aron - Rycer - Harbinger - 53 DPS

Then let's say Zojata scores a 180 DPS in his NovaDrive...

Currently Callem holds the Scout 1 position with his Blackbolt. He is kicked off the table. Not only that, but Zojata's score is high enough to top the list. The new list becomes:

1. Zojata - NovaDrive - The Ebo Hawk - 180 DPS
2. Sniperdude - Mangler - Jung Ma - 150 DPS
3. Raptorman - Flashfire - The Ebon Hawk - 146 DPS
4. Cometfan - Comet Breaker - Bastion - 134 DPS
5. Dominic - Bloodmark - Pot5 - 110 DPS
6. Tyrion - Imperium - Jung Ma - 98 DPS
7. Duke - Rampart - Bastion - 78 DPS
8. Minnie - Legion - The Ebon Hawk - 65 DPS
9. Large - Pike - The Ebon Hawk - 55 DPS
10. Aron - Rycer - Harbinger - 53 DPS

Just follow that pattern for each category. Make sense?
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."