Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mass Exodus - This Fall - Dragon Age Inquisition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Mass Exodus - This Fall - Dragon Age Inquisition

Celwinn
03.27.2014 , 01:03 PM | #41
An Xbox Magzine released a preview. Now, I must finish Origins and DA:2. (Also, Alistar could be making an appearance in DA:I)

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/49787...ition-preview/
Don't let the past define you

ImmortalLowlife
03.27.2014 , 01:30 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Celwinn View Post
An Xbox Magzine released a preview. Now, I must finish Origins and DA:2. (Also, Alistar could be making an appearance in DA:I)

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/49787...ition-preview/
40 Different endings! Well......there goes 2015 lol
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

jankiel
03.27.2014 , 04:33 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
Mass Effect 3 was also to have many different endings. We all know how that worked out

Jeweledleah
03.27.2014 , 04:48 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
as another person put it...
"they are going to need a lot of colors" O_O

their 40 endings claim actualy cooled my interest considerably. personally.

OddballEasyEight
03.27.2014 , 11:30 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
as another person put it...
"they are going to need a lot of colors" O_O

their 40 endings claim actualy cooled my interest considerably. personally.
They also did claim that they were actual different endings, not just some small detail but vastly different endings.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Sith-Viscera
03.27.2014 , 11:41 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Celwinn View Post
I still need to play through DA:O.

Just haven't been able to get into the series like Mass effect
I beat the first one but not the expansions story and still playing thru the 2nd game almost at end but also need to play its expansions add on story's. I think the last time i played it was, Uh'hum, oh ok 2 and a half years ago. Before i started beta testing this game then went into pre early launch then launch and here i am today still playing.
I can use my powers to conjure up your worst nightmares and bring them to life before your eyes. I can drive you mad with fear, shred your sanity, and leave you a raving lunatic for the rest of your life. -Darth Zannah

Jeweledleah
03.28.2014 , 12:03 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
They also did claim that they were actual different endings, not just some small detail but vastly different endings.
allow me to remind you of ME3. prior to release one of the earlier articles (which I still have in hard copy) claimed that there would be 16 distinctly different endings. prior to extended cut? the only differences between 3 endings (the very a,b, c choice they promised NOT to give the players) were colors of explosions and otherwise minor alterations to cutscenes. biggest difference was that in high ems control ending - relays didn't explode. and in low EMS, your squad mates didn't come out of the Normandy. otherwise? it was same animation, color coded for your convenience. post extended cut - differences were more pronounced, but extended cut was NOT planned, but rather was given to the fans, following the largest outpouring of unhappiness over a video game ending since fallout 3 (and possibly approached or rivaled reactions to Neon Genesis Evangelion conclusion)

so yeah... even though I would personally be happy with a level of choice we got in DAO or ME2 (which basically allowed us to somewhat customize a single ending) given the company history, and even though I'm perfectly aware that its not the same team, I'm now weary of that promise. whether they actualy succeed at fulfilling it, or if it will be another ME3 which I honestly thing, wouldn't get nearly as much flak if didn't specifically break prior promises. so whenever developers start building up expectations like that. on THAT scale? it just... makes me, personally very weary nowadays.

OddballEasyEight
03.28.2014 , 06:37 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
allow me to remind you of ME3. prior to release one of the earlier articles (which I still have in hard copy) claimed that there would be 16 distinctly different endings. prior to extended cut? the only differences between 3 endings (the very a,b, c choice they promised NOT to give the players) were colors of explosions and otherwise minor alterations to cutscenes. biggest difference was that in high ems control ending - relays didn't explode. and in low EMS, your squad mates didn't come out of the Normandy. otherwise? it was same animation, color coded for your convenience. post extended cut - differences were more pronounced, but extended cut was NOT planned, but rather was given to the fans, following the largest outpouring of unhappiness over a video game ending since fallout 3 (and possibly approached or rivaled reactions to Neon Genesis Evangelion conclusion)

so yeah... even though I would personally be happy with a level of choice we got in DAO or ME2 (which basically allowed us to somewhat customize a single ending) given the company history, and even though I'm perfectly aware that its not the same team, I'm now weary of that promise. whether they actualy succeed at fulfilling it, or if it will be another ME3 which I honestly thing, wouldn't get nearly as much flak if didn't specifically break prior promises. so whenever developers start building up expectations like that. on THAT scale? it just... makes me, personally very weary nowadays.
Well yes, we all know that.
I'm just saying that they are claiming that the endings are vastly different from eachother and not just minor details.
Now, if they are lying or not is still to be seen, but that is what they are claiming (in obvious reference to the ME3 endings)
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Celwinn
03.28.2014 , 06:53 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Well yes, we all know that.
I'm just saying that they are claiming that the endings are vastly different from eachother and not just minor details.
Now, if they are lying or not is still to be seen, but that is what they are claiming (in obvious reference to the ME3 endings)
If I could find the actual link of where I found outI wit about the article, I believe this article came out earlier then expected.

I will see if I can find it.
Don't let the past define you

Aries_cz
03.28.2014 , 07:56 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
In some hardcore RPG forums, Bioware has lost almost all of their credibility with Dragon Age 2.

There, the mass exodus will rather be towards D:OS, The Witcher 3 or even Eschalon Book III or some other promising Indie developer.
I am not, and I never was, riding on the "Hate DA2" train (it has its flaws sure, but I like the skills and story a bit more than DAO), but DAI is supposed to undo all the shame that happened with DA2 (heck, they undid a lot of things people hated on it with Story DLCs alone). So far, it looks awesome graphically, looks great gameplaywise, and the story seems rather interesting.
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link