Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

one time password issues?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Iyxeriu
03.26.2014 , 12:10 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
If you have one email address associated with multiple accounts (even if the extra accounts aren't active or used) the system can get confused. I have an old account with a couple characters on it but i can't access it - i get told on screen that the email's on its way but it never arrives.

I only have 1 account associated with 1 gmail account, and have been having issues with OTP more than once.

today's delay takes the cake as the longest delay ever, been trying to log in since 3pm GMT

RandallPL
03.26.2014 , 12:18 PM | #32
Same for me: one account associated with one gmail account and no OTP...
Algerot'h - lvl 55 Jedi Sage
Demonter - lvl 55 Vanguard
Nickczemny - lvl 55 Sith Sorcerer
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

Mega_Fallos
03.26.2014 , 12:28 PM | #33
Thank u, now i recieved mail, but code doesn't work
scoundrel Ifeelyourpain
sentinel Theatre'tragedy
BadhidharmaBlow sage, Trax-trax marauder,
Markiza operative TOFN, POT5

morfius
03.26.2014 , 12:47 PM | #34
Bioware please check with DNS holders about changes/updates/failed updates and/or spam list holders are someone marked those as spam.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Iyxeriu
03.26.2014 , 12:50 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Mega_Fallos View Post
Thank u, now i recieved mail, but code doesn't work
same here, received e-mail but code doesn't work, nice one

LyndaeshaFreykaa
03.26.2014 , 01:32 PM | #36
The Whiteclaw Legacy on VC, TOFN and Progenitor.
When I say "grow a pair", I'm talking 'bout a pair of lekku.
I ramble on wordpress.com

TaitWatson
03.26.2014 , 01:34 PM | #37 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey all! I let the team know that many of you are still having trouble with the One-Time Passwords. The issue is actively being worked on, and I will let you know when I get any updates.

Thanks!

-tw
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nydus
03.26.2014 , 01:55 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey all! I let the team know that many of you are still having trouble with the One-Time Passwords. The issue is actively being worked on, and I will let you know when I get any updates.

Thanks!

-tw
Ummm... yes... and please pass along the philosophy that the more steps and clicks to get in the game, the less likely said consumer will log into said game.

No offense, but as much as I enjoy TOR I have about a dozen other icons right next to the TOR Launcher and I have decided to load some of these other titles simply because of the Every-Time Password.

I have a static IP and EVERY TIME I LOG IN I GET THIS REQUEST! So I need to log-in to hotmail, sometimes there is an unreasonable delay (not often any more from my end), and then I need to copy and paste the password, ...

SERIOUSLY, what other game goes out of its way to make it a MORE TIMELY PROCESS to get started?

I'm not going to unsub over such a stupid issue, but it is an annoyance. Can you even tell us if this is working as intended? When I read the title "One-Time" I thought this would be "One Step", not a step I have to take every day!

EDIT: I hardly complain about anything on these forums! I'm one of the *somewhat* reasonable posters!

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

AdamRix
03.26.2014 , 02:10 PM | #39
Same Here Static IP I only get so Long to Play each Night, and I have only just Subbed last night, takes the Biscuit when I have to Wait so long to get a Password to log in, that is what after all your Display Name and Password are for.

TaitWatson
03.26.2014 , 03:36 PM | #40 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

The issue with One-Time Passwords appears to have been resolved (for real this time). We're still keeping an eye on it, so if you still have trouble getting on, please let us know!

Something to note is that if you do get an email that was requested previously, the password will likely have expired before it reached you and will need to request a new one.

Thank you for your patience!

-tw
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]