Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Official Weapon Wishlist Thread

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Capt_Beers
03.13.2014 , 09:26 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Nichos_Ketra View Post
Capt_Bears, your post got me thinking.

What about something similar to the P90 for a Blaster Rifle, with its longer stock and shorter front? Something similar to the PS90 version could be used for a Sniper Rifle variant, with the extended barrel that contains a flash suppressor at the end. That kind of aesthetic is something that hasn't been done yet in this game to my knowledge, and I really like the way it looks.

I would really like a weapon series like that. In fact, something similar could be done for pistols, similar to what they did with the Heavy Modified Blaster Carbine. The front of the weapon would only be as big as a pistol, but it would have the stock extending behind it somewhat indicating modified use of a rifle.

There could also be an Assault Cannon version, although it would likely look quite different from the two rifle versions and pistol variant. It would still maintain the "short front, longer back" aesthetic.
I personally have never liked the look of the P90 but that's the type of design philosophy I would like to see. Stop designing weird looking weapons and get back to the roots of SW design. Looking at most of the good looking weapons in the game, IMO anyway, you can see they are heavily influenced by actual weapons.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Magnusheart
03.14.2014 , 06:35 PM | #42
I like a lot of these.

Nichos_Ketra
03.19.2014 , 01:40 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I personally have never liked the look of the P90 but that's the type of design philosophy I would like to see. Stop designing weird looking weapons and get back to the roots of SW design. Looking at most of the good looking weapons in the game, IMO anyway, you can see they are heavily influenced by actual weapons.
Another one I'd like to see them do is a modular-looking weapon series, where all the versions (including assault cannon) look like they use the same base weapon with modular components attached.

Something that at its lowest configuration level looks and functions as a pistol, although parts can be visually added on to turn it into a rifle, sniper rifle, or assault cannon. Arguably, the assault cannon version would be pretty compact, due to it being a modular version of the same weapon, like the others.

To my knowledge, there are real weapons like this, although they don't seem to include a minigun configuration. Yet.

Capt_Beers
03.20.2014 , 10:39 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Nichos_Ketra View Post
Another one I'd like to see them do is a modular-looking weapon series, where all the versions (including assault cannon) look like they use the same base weapon with modular components attached.

Something that at its lowest configuration level looks and functions as a pistol, although parts can be visually added on to turn it into a rifle, sniper rifle, or assault cannon. Arguably, the assault cannon version would be pretty compact, due to it being a modular version of the same weapon, like the others.

To my knowledge, there are real weapons like this, although they don't seem to include a minigun configuration. Yet.
The XM-8 is weapon like this. It does have a light machine gun configuration so it could be done just invert the pistol grip and move it to the back and put a handle on the top to use for the front hand.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

AbsynthXDraven
03.22.2014 , 01:45 AM | #45
Quote:
Blaster pistol reminiscent of Kyle Katarn's Bryar Pistol.
Clicky

Gavin_Kelvar
03.23.2014 , 09:25 PM | #46
I'd like to see assault cannons using some of the KOTOR repeater models.

Specifially Canderous Ordo's heavy repeating blaster/Mandalorian Heavy Repeater

Also the light & heavy repeating generic blasters from KOTOR I (I can't find good pics at the moment).

It would be really nice since they'd maintain the look of being much bulkier than regular blaster rifles but also have a more portable look to them. I'd really like that since I RP my commando as more light infantry that values portability over the current bulky assault cannons that look more fitting for heavy infantry.

ArenCordial
03.23.2014 , 09:31 PM | #47
Blaster Pistols

DL-44 with a strong sound effect maybe like the old charged burst.
D-200 Military Enforcer with score but with the lights changing with the crystal

Blowwtorch
03.24.2014 , 11:17 AM | #48
E-313 Heavy Repeating Disruptor with a laser sight that changes with color crystal.

Bonezmccoy
03.24.2014 , 12:26 PM | #49
I would love to see a Cartel Market variant of the Athiss Custom Holdout.

You can see my bounty hunter with a pair here: http://swtorista.com/user/?c=341

And a generic video (not mine) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ZhQbGgc6g

At level cap I ran Athiss several times to get two pair (PvP and PvE). on my Merc.
A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack. Unless there are purples involved. Then it's totally OK.
- Excerpt from "The Jedi Code, SWTOR Edition"

MDondelinger
03.24.2014 , 04:05 PM | #50 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I am loving all the weapon ideas.

We are working on some new items using suggestions in this thread.

Thanks again and keep them coming!