Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

Bugattiboy
06.21.2013 , 09:31 AM | #1071
Quote: Originally Posted by Ugolino View Post
Pay for a hood toggle? Don't be silly.
Don't be silly thinking that they WON'T do it.

Alec_Fortescue
06.21.2013 , 02:57 PM | #1072
They said it's technically impossible to do at the moment and in the near future. And near is somethin between 6 - 12 months. And after that it's gonna be the same. Let's just have have them make hood up / down headpieces and settle this -_-
Sig removed so Bioware adds "them" faster. kthxbai.

shonenjumpstyle
06.21.2013 , 07:47 PM | #1073
For a lot of lower level chest pieces (meaning: Coruscant) it would be very easy to do, because half of them are just hood-up versions of the armor most Jedi NPCs wear, but for the more unique pieces, they would need to alter the meshes and textures to remove the hood. Then again, there are the headpieces that block out hoods, which makes it seem that all that need happen to remove the hoods is add a few lines of coding or to make a helmet with no mesh to take the place of the hood. Unless everyone wants a little fold at the back of their robe for realism, which would still not be that hard because it would just be adding the same thing to everything.

Janrek
03.22.2014 , 11:20 PM | #1074
Revive!

DarthDymond
03.23.2014 , 12:39 AM | #1075
Quote: Originally Posted by Janrek View Post
Revive!
In 2.7 the new armor models are going to come with separate Hood Up and Hood Down versions.
I strongly doubt they would be bothering to do that if there was a toggle currently in the works or planned for the near future.

(And on top of that, I believe I heard Eric Musco say during last week's livestream that there were "no current plans" for this feature - although I'm not 100% sure I'm remembering correctly which question that was in response too.)
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Alec_Fortescue
07.01.2014 , 05:16 PM | #1076
I feel the need of reviving this thread. For some reason.

wadecounty
07.02.2014 , 09:12 AM | #1077
This is one of those things that technically I'm sure they could do quite easily.

But in terms of what matters for them, ask yourself, why would they do it when they can come out with separate models with hoods up and down, from the cartel market, and make more money off the player base?

Anything aesthetic from this point forward you can be guaranteed is going to come from the cartel market, that's the point we've reached with this game. Its the same thing with dyes, it would be incredibly easy to allow players to change the colors of their gear themselves, but far more profitable to do it with one-time use dyes only available for purchase from Bioware.
Kandel - Juggernaut Kaelden - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

Alec_Fortescue
07.02.2014 , 02:13 PM | #1078
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
why would they do it when they can come out with separate models with hoods up and down, from the cartel market, and make more money off the player base?
I'd be up for it - except thay they don't do it! :/