Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware Lied to us?

OddballEasyEight
03.22.2014 , 01:42 AM | #31
I do believe this guy is annoyed that he cannot be all bragging and flirty as a jedi.
because "that's how heroes are" in his mind.
I think he is annoyed that the jedi are supposed to stay away from all feelings and not be emotional.
That includes flirting and hating your enemy.

I think he wants to be the action movie type hero that throws out alot of one-liners and hits on every girl he sees while still beating the enemy to a pulp.

But that's not the jedi way and thus he is annoyed when he gets dark side points for behaving like that in the game.

"But I'm saving the galaxy!"
Yes... but you're being a douche while doing it. Even bad people can save the world. That doesn't make them good people by default.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

DarthDymond
03.22.2014 , 02:11 AM | #32
Estimated 16.7million people dealing with serious mental illness in the US alone each year.
Estimated 400,000+ people subscribed to this game.

Guess some overlap was bound to happen eventually...
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

OddballEasyEight
03.22.2014 , 02:50 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Estimated 16.7million people dealing with serious mental illness in the US alone each year.
Estimated 400,000+ people subscribed to this game.

Guess some overlap was bound to happen eventually...
I honestly just think it's a combination of language barriers, inability to understand that jedi are basically warrior monks and a strange view of how "honorable and heroic" people should act (which might be based on cultural differences).

Im not sure it's about mental illness.

Although the fact that he is spamming other threads with this (even tho they are about completely different subjects) shows signs of obsession with the subject.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

leene
03.22.2014 , 02:59 AM | #34
Oh man, I really hope you never read A Song of Ice and Fire or watch Game of Thrones, OP. Because if you see what happens to honorable people there and project that onto the real world... dear god.

You do know that this is a game, right? Like, fictional? Entertainment? It's not real. It doesn't lie to do. People don't lie to you when they say they enjoyed something. Why would they? Many players I've encountered found the LS Consular story boring. I didn't. I found it enjoyable enough. Why would I lie about that?

Also: Do you actually know what an opinion is? How about personal taste? Let's start with that.

Icebergy
03.22.2014 , 07:28 AM | #35
I have no idea what point the OP is trying to make, can someone explain it to me? Maybe I am just not awake yet but it all just came out as random unrelated gibberish.

EDIT: I just read through the rest of the thread and now my brain hurts.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

DarthTHC
03.22.2014 , 08:18 AM | #36
That's funny. I find the vast majority of the dark side choices childish, petty, and inane.

Grayseven
03.22.2014 , 08:26 AM | #37
Being good isn't about doing what's fun, it's about doing what's right.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Eldrenath
03.22.2014 , 08:37 AM | #38
If you think all the dark side choices are fun and the light side choices boring then that says a lot more about you than the storyline.

jedimasterjac
03.22.2014 , 08:40 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Nope what I meant, was Lightside should be fun to start, you are the good guy, girls like good guys, you are also a hero might aswell have more "heroic moments" doing good, but no darkside option is "the fun option".
The path of the light side is not an easy one, that's why many fall to the Dark Side. It requires many sacrifices.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord Governor Charleston
You will shoot your enemy once, to ensure he fights no more that day! You will shoot traitors twice, to ensure nothing less than their deserved death!

theUndead
03.22.2014 , 08:41 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldrenath View Post
If you think all the dark side choices are fun and the light side choices boring then that says a lot more about you than the storyline.
Please explain? Are you insinuating that just because in a game we enjoy being a little evil and chaotic, that it suddenly makes us bad people or something?
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger) The Duma Legacy (Shadowlands)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.