Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Slicing] Price of Thermal Regulators

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Price of Thermal Regulators

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
03.21.2014 , 02:02 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurkina View Post
A little update, on Red Eclipse EU there are still 3 pages on the GTN at lower than 19k, with the lowest being at just above 16k, I have never seen that before. Hopefully this weekend all the cheap stuff will be bought up and it will return back to normal.
Don't get your hopes up. I'm on that same server and I'm just not seeing it.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan and Meetra Surik
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally. History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.

psandak's Avatar


psandak
03.21.2014 , 03:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Don't get your hopes up. I'm on that same server and I'm just not seeing it.
Sometimes is takes a while, but prices do rebound eventually.

That being said, be aware of yo-yoing. I have seen it a bunch on the Harbinger: prices are low one day, rebound to "normal" the next and then are depressed again (mostly because the same individuals are posting at ridiculously low prices and posting too many to buy up and re-post).

Millardkillmoore's Avatar


Millardkillmoore
03.21.2014 , 03:31 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Sometimes is takes a while, but prices do rebound eventually.

That being said, be aware of yo-yoing. I have seen it a bunch on the Harbinger: prices are low one day, rebound to "normal" the next and then are depressed again (mostly because the same individuals are posting at ridiculously low prices and posting too many to buy up and re-post).
I see this all the time with augments. The going rate will be 95k+ and somebody will post two dozen for 82k each.

DawnAskham's Avatar


DawnAskham
03.21.2014 , 05:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Millardkillmoore View Post
I see this all the time with augments. The going rate will be 95k+ and somebody will post two dozen for 82k each.
Don't get me started on the item selling within a band of say 95-100 for weeks, with people undercutting by a credit to a couple hundred credits, only to have someone come along and undercut by like 5-10K. Even better when someone else comes along and undercuts the first one by another 5-10K.

Augments at 101, 100.99, 100.98, 100.50, 99.99, 90, 80, 78

I just check another item and let the idiots undercut each other, which interestingly enough, sometimes means selling other stat augment using the exact same mats created using the exact same crew skill for 95k+.

Grinamdord's Avatar


Grinamdord
03.25.2014 , 11:25 AM | #15
If the prices are plummeting and you think it's a yo-yo, buy instead of sell. I have been doing this with scavenging for a while now and make boat loads. Just be prepared to drop 2-3 million (or however much you can spend) and not get a return for several weeks.

Kurkina's Avatar


Kurkina
03.25.2014 , 12:58 PM | #16
The yoyo effect could be taken advantage of if the price dropped a bit lower, but buying up a boat-load of Thermal Regs at 17k to sell them a bit late at 19+k (minus the GTN cut) probably isnt worth it.

psandak's Avatar


psandak
03.25.2014 , 01:31 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurkina View Post
The yoyo effect could be taken advantage of if the price dropped a bit lower, but buying up a boat-load of Thermal Regs at 17k to sell them a bit late at 19+k (minus the GTN cut) probably isnt worth it.
Especially when the GTN cut is taken into account: selling at 19k nets 17860 credits.

Nebdar's Avatar


Nebdar
03.25.2014 , 11:08 PM | #18
Can't you buy the majority of cheap regulators and then post it back on the GTN with profit?
"This approach seems overly complicated. Can i use my lightsaber instead?"
Jedi Consular Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Sweet'blade Oddajmisie
Nebdul Nebdana

psandak's Avatar


psandak
03.25.2014 , 11:46 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nebdar View Post
Can't you buy the majority of cheap regulators and then post it back on the GTN with profit?
That depends on two factors:

- what is the "normal" range of pricing for TRs on your server? Sure you can buy up all the low value (i.e. 17000) and try to sell at a much higher than normal price (i.e. 30000), but chances are you won't sell them, because the price is too high.
- the difference between the low end and what will sell. Based on the information posted here, most servers' TRs normally sell for 18k to 20k. If someone posts at 17k, re-posting at 20k will net you a grand total of 1800 credits (buy at 17,000, sell at 20,000, minus the 6% GTN but equals 18800 credits. Subtract your original investment of 17000 and you net 1800 credits). Is that net profit worth the risk of not selling at all (because someone undercuts you)? That is a decision every seller has to make for themselves.

Lordkoon's Avatar


Lordkoon
03.26.2014 , 01:40 AM | #20
Keep your regulators for untill 2.8 comes. A lot of pvp sets people will need to craft augments for, new cartel pack (if i am not mistaken) and overall increase in price no doubt.
<(//////////)[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>