Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Price of Thermal Regulators

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Price of Thermal Regulators

Kurkina
03.20.2014 , 02:01 AM | #1
On Red Eclipse EU the price of Thermal Regs has plummeted since Tuesday's reset. They used to be minimum 20k, with the occassional possibility to post them for as high as 22-23k and still be the lowest price.

Since the recet, prices have gone down to 17k, with literally pages and pages of 1-4 stacks on the GTN in the 17-18k price range. Has anyone else noticed this? Has the proc rate of the rich yield tech part mission been adjusted?

JattaGin
03.20.2014 , 02:20 AM | #2
I noticed a decrease on The Progenitor as well. But only like 1.000 to 2.000 credits less than usual (which always happens from time to time). It looks like a few people are emptying their stock, because it's like someone put 10 pieces up for 21.000 while the others still have the usual 22.000 to 23.000.

I also had a lucky streak with my crits, so I had more to sell, too. It was about time, because during the last two weeks I barely got a single crit on all my slicing crafters.

I don't think it has anything to do with the patch though. More like that more people played during the weekend and hence more competition on the market. Also, probably less buyers because people started alts for the double XP.

Kawabonga
03.20.2014 , 03:03 AM | #3
Noticed that as well... It really sucks

AlrikFassbauer
03.20.2014 , 03:43 AM | #4
Oh, nice ! I'll be finally be able to have more purple augments in my gear !
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Darth_Wicked
03.20.2014 , 06:55 AM | #5
It has plummeted before Tuesday IMHO.

I first noticed this around last Wednesday or Thursday, since I have seven characters running these missions and I was able to sold four Thermal Regulators EACH time around for 81k or so. They would go up for one day at most.

All of the sudden, I start to notice that the stuff I had on the GTN was expiring, only to notice what you just stated: The price for Thermal Regulators had plummeted in a rather drastic fashion.

Ever since, I just have five or six characters doing the No Trace Left daily on the BH, Empire side. It's not as profitable but it still yields a moderate credit boost daily. No more checking on those characters twice a day, hoping for them to have gone critical on Slicing.

This kinda reminded me of how Diplomacy mats plummeted shortly after 2.0 hit. Such a sweet profit I got back then from the skill.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan and Meetra Surik
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally. History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.

psandak
03.20.2014 , 09:10 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with the patch though. More like that more people played during the weekend and hence more competition on the market. Also, probably less buyers because people started alts for the double XP.
This is the most likely scenario: more supply and less demand results in depressed value.

On The Harbinger, prices are only down slightly. They usually float between 18k and 20k, just checked and the low price is 17099.

DawnAskham
03.20.2014 , 09:13 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
This is the most likely scenario: more supply and less demand results in depressed value.

On The Harbinger, prices are only down slightly. They usually float between 18k and 20k, just checked and the low price is 17099.
I think this is it too, augments prices also took a nose dive and have sold very slowly. Even MK-9 kits took a bit of a hit (pushing into the 59K range at one point) before coming back up yesterday, most likely as excess supplies dried up.

KorinHyvek
03.20.2014 , 11:45 AM | #8
Yeah, they dropped on Ebon Hawk too. Probably just a side affect of more people playing (and thus running missions more often) on double xp weekend.
The Ferrin Legacy, Ebon Hawk
Major Volner Ferrin // Darth Hessar

Millardkillmoore
03.20.2014 , 09:39 PM | #9
I've noticed this on Harbinger. Thermal Regulators are going down from their usual 18k-21k to 16k-17.5. The augment market is terrible now as well. I've seen augment prices (usually 80k-100k) down to 60k. Shield augments have been hit especially bad. I've listed countless in the past week and made exactly one sale. Absorb have been selling, but I can't keep the price much above 83k. The rest are way below that.

I assume this has to do with the double XP weekend: People are leveling alts rather than auging out their mains. Luckily the lower price of Thermal Regulators means that you can still profit at the lower prices, but I've decided to just stock up on regulators now and wait for the augment price to rise before trying to sell augments again. When the augment prices are normal, the reduced cost on Thermal Regulators I purchased will lead to some huge profit margins.

Kurkina
03.21.2014 , 03:53 AM | #10
A little update, on Red Eclipse EU there are still 3 pages on the GTN at lower than 19k, with the lowest being at just above 16k, I have never seen that before. Hopefully this weekend all the cheap stuff will be bought up and it will return back to normal.