Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Frequently Asked PvP Questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Frequently Asked PvP Questions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aehgo
03.20.2014 , 12:39 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by MeRRR View Post
The obvious point of this post is to deflect the negative comments they expect to get during the live stream.
Brilliant PR move to be honest. Now they dont have to answer any of these questions while they are streaming, they can just refer to this post, which will probably be referred to as "a comprehensive FAQ about the future of PVP in SWTOR." Which creates the illusion that there is a future for PVP in SWTOR.

As far as community management goes, Eric gets an A+

As for the answers provided by the devs... still not sure if its incompetence or just not caring about the PVP community.
You know we should organised all the pvpers to spam the chat with "Unsub because no pvp content" during the stream...make some sor to f impact...

Ottoattack
03.20.2014 , 12:42 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by MeRRR View Post
The obvious point of this post is to deflect the negative comments they expect to get during the live stream.
Brilliant PR move to be honest. Now they dont have to answer any of these questions while they are streaming, they can just refer to this post, which will probably be referred to as "a comprehensive FAQ about the future of PVP in SWTOR." Which creates the illusion that there is a future for PVP in SWTOR.

As far as community management goes, Eric gets an A+

As for the answers provided by the devs... still not sure if its incompetence or just not caring about the PVP community.
Well, what is there left to ask? "We know server populations are low to not allow any level of match rating in ranked and we do not plan to do anything about it." The only thing else I would ask for is what it the expected content for PvP after 2.7.

Twin
03.20.2014 , 12:42 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[color=#f9d648]Will we ever be able to choose a specific Warzone to queue for?

From the design side, we do like the idea of allowing our players to be able to impact which Warzone they want to queue for, but it is not as simple as letting everyone select which Warzone they want and call it a day. Because of a few reasons (queue population, preventing ‘de facto’ best Warzone, making sure all Warzones are being played, etc.) it would require a fully-fledged design around that new queuing system in order to make sure the system was sustainable (in queue times, etc.). There are no current plans for the near future to implement this feature.
I understand that there's alot around such an implementation, but 2 question that pops to mind:
1. Why is there any form of prio making sure "All" Warzones are being played? If there isnt enough ppl in 1 qeueu, obviously ppl dont want to play it?
2. Why not at least grant us the option to -Exclude- 1 warzone from the rotation?

Quote:
Will you be implementing Cross-server queuing?

We have no plans at this time to implement cross-server queues.
This is a bad choice, specially since it was in fact promised to us and is needed.

8vs8 ranked, Rating Gaps, Sync Queueing, queue times, Matchmaking, Hybrids, etc etc . -All these problems exist due to our promised cross server queues being shot down. How exactly do you justify that, while at the same time pointing at "too small queue populations" as the reason we have these issues?

Quote:
Are there any plans of expanding open world PvP?

Currently we have no plans of expanding open world PvP, specifically to say we don’t have any plans to introduce any new systems which offer rewards around it. However, we will continue to encourage open world PvP in events and future content. Some examples of this would be the Oricon daily area and the shared questing areas of the Rakghoul event.
Too bad really. Not much to look forward to if nothing will ever change for the better with matchmaking, rotation and world pvp.

And please, remove the expertise from the lowbie weapons being sold at the Fleet pvp vendor.
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Cernow
03.20.2014 , 12:48 PM | #104
In summary:

Q) Do you have any plans to make meaningful improvements to PvP in this game?

A) No. Thank you for your understanding.

EricMusco
03.20.2014 , 12:50 PM | #105 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks!

I thought I might pop in and add some clarification around some of what we said, and why.

Our first goal in this post was quite simple, transparency. We completely understand the frustration around quite a few of our answers. We know that some folks want to see the return of Ranked 8v8 Warzones or that they feel cross-server queues will help in some of their current frustrations. I thought it was really important that we took those issues and gave you guys direct answers. It isn't that we don't want to do these things, or even that they will never happen. It is just that they are not something that will be happening in the near-term.

When I talk about roadmaps specifically, you should keep in mind I am referring to the next X amount of months, weeks, etc. and it certainly does not mean forever. As someone pointed out, there are quite a few things that have moved from wall of crazy to being in the game.

We will always continue to add new content around PvP whenever possible and to continue to create the best PvP environment that we can. If you look back, in the past 3 Game Updates (including 2.7) we had:
  • The launch of Warzone Arenas
  • The ability to solo queue for ranked play
  • Season 1 rewards
  • 4 new Warzone Arena maps
  • A new Huttball map

I know that this is not everything that everyone wants. To reiterate, we aren't saying "no" to your questions, we are simply just saying "not at this time." I know it may not seem that way, but these two things are different. I know many of your are frustrated and I hope this adds a little bit of clarity to where we are coming from.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

cashogy_reborn
03.20.2014 , 12:52 PM | #106
You just dont get it Musco.

-4v4 Arena came at *THE REMOVAL OF 8v8 RANKED*.
-The new huttball map has been in the works for how long now? IIRC you guys teased this shortly after 2.0, right?
-Solo Queue needs to go away forever and never be spoken about again. It is the worst thing to happen to competitive PvP and overall PvP balance to this game to date.

And you might think you are saying 'Not at this time' instead of 'NO', but there are about to be a lot more options for MMO players. One would think you would be aware of that, and what features those games are offering that this one is not, and maybe do something to make your game equally appealing?

'Not at this time' might as well be never for many people.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Jyzai
03.20.2014 , 12:52 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Aehgo View Post
You know we should organised all the pvpers to spam the chat with "Unsub because no pvp content" during the stream...make some sor to f impact...
Can it be "Unsub because of no cross-server" instead?
So let me get this straight you want to add a debuff to keep people from quitting warzones, then you might as well get ready for insults at you and others on the team.

ayobreezie
03.20.2014 , 12:54 PM | #108
Hey folks!

I thought I might pop in and add some clarification around some of what we said, and why.

Our first goal in this post was quite simple, transparency. We completely understand the frustration around quite a few of our answers. We know that some folks want to see the return of Ranked 8v8 Warzones or that they feel cross-server queues will help in some of their current frustrations. I thought it was really important that we took those issues and gave you guys direct answers. It isn't that we don't want to do these things, or even that they will never happen. It is just that they are not something that will be happening in the near-term

When I talk about roadmaps specifically, you should keep in mind I am referring to the next X amount of months, weeks, etc. and it certainly does not mean forever. As someone pointed out, there are quite a few things that have moved from wall of crazy to being in the game.

We will always continue to add new content around PvP whenever possible and to continue to create the best PvP environment that we can. If you look back, in the past 3 Game Updates (including 2.7) we had:
  • Season 1 rewards
  • A new Huttball map
I know that this is not everything that everyone wants. To reiterate, we aren't saying "no" to your questions, we are simply just saying "not at this time." I know it may not seem that way, but these two things are different. I know many of your are frustrated and I hope this adds a little bit of clarity to where we are coming from.

-eric
Lmao.. So many people Unsubbed that they're now saying.. "Ohh, we're not saying it'll never happen.. We're just saying, not right now."
Pull up to the scene with my saber missin'! Middle finger up to my competition!

NoFishing
03.20.2014 , 12:58 PM | #109
Will you be implementing Cross-server queuing?

We have no plans at this time to implement cross-server queues.
Ugh, you really should reconsider this or at least provide a better/fuller explanation of why you are not willing to consider it. Because a lot of your other answers are about trying to strike a balance for faster queue times, and combining the PvP populations would only seem to make that balance easier.

NRN_Hawk
03.20.2014 , 12:59 PM | #110
Hey folks!

Our first goal in this post was quite simple, transparency. We completely understand the frustration around quite a few of our answers. We know that some folks want to see the return of Ranked 8v8 Warzones or that they feel cross-server queues will help in some of their current frustrations. I thought it was really important that we took those issues and gave you guys direct answers. It isn't that we don't want to do these things, or even that they will never happen. It is just that they are not something that will be happening in the near-term

• Season 1 rewards
  • A new Huttball map

-eric
TL: DR - No does actually mean, please stay subbed for more No's. No thanks, I had enough pain in solo rankeds already. We're done.
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - you will be hawked \m/

Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com - HEL ~