Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rakugo
03.20.2014 , 06:50 AM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by Fixiooo View Post
I'll remain skeptical until I see it. I'm getting too much "SWTOR meets The Sims" vibes. I also cannot help it but to believe it'll be a massive milking project for the Cartel Market.
http://www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds#FAQS

Quote:
Q6: HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO COLLECT FURNITURE AND DECORATIONS IN THE GAME?
You will earn a set of starter decorations when you purchase your first Stronghold. Many decorations will be available on existing vendors throughout the game as new rewards for Reputations, PvP, Crew Skills, and more. While some of these decorations will be available for credits and other currencies, many will require components created by crafters. Decorations can also be obtained as loot drops from Flashpoints and Operations. Finally, a variety of unique decorations can be purchased with Cartel Coins on the Cartel Market.
Quote:
Q4: CAN MY GUILD FIGHT OTHER GUILDS IN SPACE PVP WITH OUR GUILD FLAGSHIP?
No, this Digital Expansion does not include a PvP combat experience for Guild Flagships. More information about Guild Flagships will be revealed in the coming months.
So they have thought about Flagship pvp, and the way i read it right now it doesn't contain pvp but their will definitely be pvp for flagship near the future. Perhaps the most elite PVP flagship fighers will be able to buy a sort of pass to let other flagship make an alliance with each other thus becoming a Fleet with one Capital ship as leader. But who knows, im glad with what we get right now

on note, im still curious what Dromund Kaas Strongholds will look like and if we get different style and buildings, Some more fitting for siths and other less more fitting and do we get strongholds in capital but a few in different locations?
I am the Alpha and Omega,
I am the beginning and the end...
I am the creator and destroyer of worlds...
I am... Death!

Fixiooo
03.20.2014 , 07:28 AM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post

CM grab? Did you miss the part about crafters making stuff for houses and adventurers killing stuff to get trophies for houses?
We'll see in three-to-six months after it's release.

Infernixx
03.20.2014 , 07:33 AM | #323
We'll see in three-to-six months after it's release.
lol why wait? The details are already up on the website.

Or are you one of those sorts who think that the game developers are 'lying' or 'misleading' when they say small, hard-to-misunderstand words?

Most of the hundreds of decor customization items will come from killing stuff, and doing stuff in-game, not the CM.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Fixiooo
03.20.2014 , 07:37 AM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
lol why wait? The details are already up on the website.

Or are you one of those sorts who think that the game developers are 'lying' or 'misleading' when they say small, hard-to-misunderstand words?

Most of the hundreds of decor customization items will come from killing stuff, and doing stuff in-game, not the CM.
I will remain skeptical as I said earlier. Bioware saying it will be all through killing stuff or anything similar in the game doesn't mean they can change course over time, or not even necessarily change, feature it alongside it.

But don't mind me, someone having it's own thoughts about the whole thing rubs some drones here the wrong way it seems.

Infernixx
03.20.2014 , 07:39 AM | #325
I will remain skeptical as I said earlier. Bioware saying it will be all through killing stuff or anything similar in the game doesn't mean they can change course over time, or not even necessarily change, feature it alongside it.

But don't mind me, someone having it's own thoughts about the whole thing rubs some drones here the wrong way it seems.
It's amazing how basic, observable reality has no impact on people when they've already made up their minds.
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Fixiooo
03.20.2014 , 07:52 AM | #326
It's amazing how basic, observable reality has no impact on people when they've already made up their minds.
I know right. It's almost a crime.

Infernixx
03.20.2014 , 07:56 AM | #327
I know right. It's almost a crime.
No, just silly and amusing when you think about it.

Fixiooo
03.20.2014 , 07:59 AM | #328
No, just silly and amusing when you think about it.
Just as silly as taking anything for granted what is being said in some FAQ and stick to it unaware things could change down the road.

But you stick to it. That's okay. I won't ask you to defend that notion.

Infernixx
03.20.2014 , 08:01 AM | #329
Just as silly as taking anything for granted what is being said in some FAQ and stick to it unaware things could change down the road.

But you stick to it. That's okay. I won't ask you to defend that notion.
Ooga booga, the CM is gonna getcha! Ooga booga!

MoovYars
03.20.2014 , 08:22 AM | #330
For a long time I have wished that I had a "home base" for my characters as an alternative to leaving them on their ships, or in a cantina, when I log out. The expansions in this game have been great so far, and this is another good one! I am really looking forward to it!