Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SUGGESTION: Double XP Weekend Restrictions (Not to Harsh I hope)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
SUGGESTION: Double XP Weekend Restrictions (Not to Harsh I hope)

DragonTora
03.19.2014 , 09:43 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
As did I, but I will help those learning and not try to restrict them, unlike those who wrongly think themselves "leet".
I would but by Hoth the noob should have a great understanding of things thanks to the heroic missions thus the restrictions.

Ratajack
03.19.2014 , 09:50 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
I would but by Hoth the noob should have a great understanding of things thanks to the heroic missions thus the restrictions.
Not every player does the heroics.

Keep proving that some players wrongly think themselves "leet".

DragonTora
03.19.2014 , 09:51 PM | #43
Not every player does the heroics.

Keep proving that some players wrongly think themselves "leet".
I don't think of myself as "leet" I am just trying to help keep some of the best gamers here since I do some would unsub due to this issue.

Ratajack
03.19.2014 , 09:57 PM | #44
I don't think of myself as "leet" I am just trying to help keep some of the best gamers here since I do some would unsub due to this issue.
The truly "best" gamers will help those trying to learn. Those who wrongly think themselves "leet" are more prone to trying to restrict others, often while attempting to ensure that those restrictions do not apply to themselves. If those who wrongly think themselves "leet" want to leave, then the logout screen is that way.

DragonTora
03.19.2014 , 09:58 PM | #45
The truly "best" gamers will help those trying to learn. Those who wrongly think themselves "leet" are more prone to trying to restrict others, often while attempting to ensure that those restrictions do not apply to themselves. If those who wrongly think themselves "leet" want to leave, then the logout screen is that way.
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.

theUndead
03.19.2014 , 10:20 PM | #46
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
This has to be the most stupidest thing I have ever read on these forums.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

Jeweledleah
03.19.2014 , 10:20 PM | #47
I've been playing TOR since early access. I have vanguard and jugg tank at 55, both tanked group content including occasional op. I heal hardmode ops on my main. I did NOT know what the hell are you talking about on Gargath automatically, it took me some reading to figure out what you were trying to say OP, mainly becasue this is a world boss I never bothered to kill up to now.

you assumed that the other tank knew the strategy. you being "MT" doesn't mean the other player will automatically know not to taunt.

if you want to kill a specific boss that has specific mechanics? you HAVE TO EXPLAIN ACTUAL MECHANICS OF THIS SPECIFIC BOSS FIGHT. do not assume that everyone knows everything. instead of repeating incessantly that you are MT, you had to tell the offtank exactly WHAT they are supposed to do. whether they taunt or not, where they should stand, if there's anything they specifically should avoid. and same goes for the rest of the group.

the fact that you missed out on the kills? is not the double xp issue. its the issue with you NOT explaining mechanics properly. I bet you didn't even link to the strategy write up. the fact that that tank actualy taunted means that at least they bothered to figure out tanking abilities. I've ran with many a new tank that do NOT use taunt, do not realize that they should.

restrictions you are proposing are... as thought through as your fight explanations. as in - not at all.

Hichitsuki-hime
03.20.2014 , 12:33 AM | #48
the only way i see a reason to putting restrictions on double xp is if we make it a thing we can use permanently after:
1) legacy level 50
2) 4 lvl 55 toons min.
3) have at least one toon of every role - healer, tank, ranged dps, melee dps.

Thus if you want to level more alts you should be able to unlock a feature for cartel coins only and enjoy double xp for as long as you like.
Ebon Hawk: Ann'a (balance sage) <Army of Light>; Sei'ran (scrapper scoundrel) <AoL>; Tsuki-hime (madness sorc) <Nemesis>, Hichitsuki (vigi guardian) <AoLt>; Tai'ra (shadow tank) <AoL>, T'aira (gunnery commando) <AoL>, Lunalila (SS gunslinger) <AoL>, Red Eclipse: A'nna (balance sage) <Darklight>

DragonTora
03.20.2014 , 03:27 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
I've been playing TOR since early access. I have vanguard and jugg tank at 55, both tanked group content including occasional op. I heal hardmode ops on my main. I did NOT know what the hell are you talking about on Gargath automatically, it took me some reading to figure out what you were trying to say OP, mainly becasue this is a world boss I never bothered to kill up to now.

you assumed that the other tank knew the strategy. you being "MT" doesn't mean the other player will automatically know not to taunt.

if you want to kill a specific boss that has specific mechanics? you HAVE TO EXPLAIN ACTUAL MECHANICS OF THIS SPECIFIC BOSS FIGHT. do not assume that everyone knows everything. instead of repeating incessantly that you are MT, you had to tell the offtank exactly WHAT they are supposed to do. whether they taunt or not, where they should stand, if there's anything they specifically should avoid. and same goes for the rest of the group.

the fact that you missed out on the kills? is not the double xp issue. its the issue with you NOT explaining mechanics properly. I bet you didn't even link to the strategy write up. the fact that that tank actualy taunted means that at least they bothered to figure out tanking abilities. I've ran with many a new tank that do NOT use taunt, do not realize that they should.

restrictions you are proposing are... as thought through as your fight explanations. as in - not at all.
I did explain everything hundreds of times and MMOs have been out since UO and ppl should know MT (Main-Tank)=one person taunting or gaining aggro. If u have to explain to someone how to play they shouldn't be going for a world boss kill in the first place.

DragonTora
03.20.2014 , 03:28 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Hichitsuki-hime View Post
the only way i see a reason to putting restrictions on double xp is if we make it a thing we can use permanently after:
1) legacy level 50
2) 4 lvl 55 toons min.
3) have at least one toon of every role - healer, tank, ranged dps, melee dps.

Thus if you want to level more alts you should be able to unlock a feature for cartel coins only and enjoy double xp for as long as you like.
I love u this idea rocks make ppl earn the right to get faster levelling.