Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tol Braga

YoshiRaphElan
03.19.2014 , 12:02 PM | #1
Spoiler

Darth_Wicked
03.19.2014 , 12:56 PM | #2
Spoiler
Click here for some FREE unlocks ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaliyo Djannis
Ash in the soil and a gun in my hands. Let's go.

Frenesi
03.19.2014 , 01:02 PM | #3
Can you remind this part? Just did the agent storyline, but don't remember his name mentioned
Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson.

YoshiRaphElan
03.19.2014 , 01:24 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Frenesi View Post
Can you remind this part? Just did the agent storyline, but don't remember his name mentioned
It's in the finale, on the Star Cabal ship. Basically the guy just namedrops him like:

Spoiler

Something like that.

Darth_Wicked
03.19.2014 , 01:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
It's in the finale, on the Star Cabal ship. Basically the guy just namedrops him like:

Spoiler

Something like that.
What he actually says is...
Spoiler

VitalityPrime
03.19.2014 , 01:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Spoiler
I don't understand how you can say it's meaningless.

I never understood the mass effect hate in this regard either.

For me, in a RPG...simply having the choice makes all the difference for me.

My character letting someone live...only for them to be killed by someone else later...is vastly different than my character killing that person....in my opinion.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power. I am the heart of the force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness, in balance with chaos and harmony...immortal in the force.

Darth_Wicked
03.19.2014 , 02:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
It's easy once you read it or when you're not too occupied preaching.

Quote:
It's been stated what's the issue concerning ME3 plenty of times. Also, not sure when I used the word "hate".

Quote:
Congratulations.

I, on the other hand, would like to believe that the decisions I make in the game are final and that they are NOT out of my reach, namely by having the choice I made being overridden in a rather arbitrary fashion, which is the case here.

Quote:
My character letting someone live...only for them to be killed by someone else later...is vastly different than my character killing that person....in my opinion.
And like I said, the choice is meaningless from the moment whatever you choose is overridden arbitrary, without even being addressed as to the "WHY" the latter decision was taken.

VitalityPrime
03.19.2014 , 02:19 PM | #8
It's easy once you read it or when you're not too occupied preaching.

It's been stated what's the issue concerning ME3 plenty of times. Also, not sure when I used the word "hate".

Congratulations.

I, on the other hand, would like to believe that the decisions I make in the game are final and that they are NOT out of my reach, namely by having the choice I made being overridden in a rather arbitrary fashion, which is the case here.

And like I said, the choice is meaningless from the moment whatever you choose is overridden arbitrary, without even being addressed as to the "WHY" the latter decision was taken.
I didn't mean to say you were hating on Mass Effect. I just trying to say that a lot of the hate (in general) for Mass Effect was about this sort of thing.

Anyways...to each their own.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power. I am the heart of the force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness, in balance with chaos and harmony...immortal in the force.

Darth_Wicked
03.19.2014 , 02:32 PM | #9
I didn't mean to say you were hating on Mass Effect. I just trying to say that a lot of the hate (in general) for Mass Effect was about this sort of thing.
The criticism was entirely warranted.

Quote:
Anyways...to each their own.
Spoiler

Again, this is a game but for both a developer who ALWAYS loved to brag that choices matter, they do take their time to show otherwise, every so often.

Worse of all, as stated already, is the rather arbitrary fashion in which they approach it.

Beniboybling
03.19.2014 , 05:37 PM | #10
...and reminded me of the whole ME3 debacle, where your choices were ultimately meaningless.
I LOL'ed.

I agree, and I think Wicked's response merely reinforces the point, just look at the amount of depth he added to that choice! Ultimately our characters make up a framework of billions of other beings, and it would be strange if any of the choices we made became set in stone forever. The same can be said of real life. "My choices don't matter" actually adds a whole other dynamic to the RPG experience. What exactly makes a choice 'matter', the act or the outcome?

Ultimately though I suppose its both a matter of taste and perspective.

Though I feel my choice would have still mattered anyway, because it defines the sort of person my character is.