Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

@Devs- we need these numbers

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Verain
03.18.2014 , 09:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
Still badly informed. Nobody should have to test (and buy the component) to figure what it does.
I'm fine with that though. See, you're changing it from "we need these numbers" to "it would be sweet if you changed the UI to offer more info".

That's not why I made the thread. I know how much a plasma railgun does. The dot baseline is 900 at max charge. Now you know too! Plus you actually SEE those numbers tick, so you can just like, add.

Quote:
How about Thermite Torpedo's bleedthrough debuff (according to the description above upgrades)... We can't figure that with observation, can we ?
I'm not sure. Can you put it up on the enemy, go to freelook, and mouse over it? If I ever used those I would have tried that.

Quote:
So is nearly anything OP wants, then. In controlled environment, power variation, regen rates... Anything can be estimated.
No, it cannot be. It would take two people a long time shooting each other in a corner, and there's no way to do that without disrupting a live game. It cannot ever be done solo at all.

Altheran
03.19.2014 , 05:42 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
No, it cannot be. It would take two people a long time shooting each other in a corner, and there's no way to do that without disrupting a live game. It cannot ever be done solo at all.
That's actually what I've been suggested. Controlled environment means "not participating to regular chaos"

Regen can be estimated solo.
Example : You know you ammo pool, you know your weapon energy consumption.
Fire, from full to empty pool. The time needed will give you your effective consumption (amount over time)
Compare it to you theoretical consumption, you have your "recently used regen".
Do it for each power allocation, you'll have their effect on regen.

JasonAttard
03.19.2014 , 11:38 AM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
> The effect of F1 on weapon regeneration rate.
> The effect of F2 on shield regeneration rate and maximum shield strength (blue).
> The effect of F3 on engine regeneration rate and maximum speed.
> The effect of F2 or F3 on weapon regeneration rate.
> The effect of F1 or F3 on shield regeneration rate and maximum shield strength (yellow)
> The effect of F1 or F2 on engine regeneration rate and maximum speed.
Increasing power to a pool boosts its regeneration rate by 50%, and reduces the regeneration rate of the other two pools by 25%.

Increasing weapon power boosts damage by 10%, while increasing shield or engine power reduces weapon damage by 5%
Increasing shield power boosts max shield capacity by 20%, while increasing weapon or engine power reduces shield capacity by 10%
Increasing engine power boosts max speed by 20%, while increasing weapon or shield power reduces max speed by 10%

> The "weapon power recently consumed" regeneration rate.
> If whatever happens near the bottom of a weapon pool is ok or glitchy (it seems you can get more shots that you deserve).
All of the power pools have a "normal" regeneration rate and a slower "recently consumed" regeneration rate. Anything that consumes energy (taking a shield hit, using your engine boosters, getting hit by an ion railgun, etc) will cause the affected pool to switch to its "recently consumed" rate for several seconds (determined by the "delay" stat for each pool).

The default numbers for each are:
Weapons: Pool capacity 100, regen 10/s, recently consumed 4/s, delay 1.5s
Engines: Pool capacity 100, regen 5/s, recently consumed 2/s, delay 3s
Shields: Pool capacity varies, regen 5%/s, recently consumed 0/s, delay 6s

I haven't seen any bugs cross my plate about energy behaving strangely near the bottom of the pool, but if you have steps to reliably reproduce the glitch let us know.

The ideal thing to do at the bottom of the pool should be to stop firing, wait at least 1.5 seconds for the regeneration rate to kick into high gear, then open fire when you think you have enough energy built up to finish your opponent (although it may make sense to fire a bit early if you get a shot lined up and need to prevent the shield from regenerating).

> How does the falloff in accuracy work? If I'm at 600m, do my heavy lasers use the medium range accuracy, or a number very close to the short range accuracy? Is that smooth, or abrupt?
Primary weapon accuracy and damage are linearly interpolated between the short, medium, and long distances (so it's smooth, not abrupt). Everything closer than short distance uses the short values.
Jason Attard | Senior Game Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Altheran
03.19.2014 , 12:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonAttard View Post
Should I take it as it's unintended for Bombers to have a 90-points Weapon and Engine pool ?

Armonddd
03.19.2014 , 12:38 PM | #15
I haven't seen any bugs cross my plate about energy behaving strangely near the bottom of the pool, but if you have steps to reliably reproduce the glitch let us know.

The ideal thing to do at the bottom of the pool should be to stop firing, wait at least 1.5 seconds for the regeneration rate to kick into high gear, then open fire when you think you have enough energy built up to finish your opponent (although it may make sense to fire a bit early if you get a shot lined up and need to prevent the shield from regenerating).
A few weeks ago, people found that by hopping into the tutorial and holding down the blaster button, their rate of fire increased when the pool was fully drained.

Thanks bunches for the information.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Ramalina
03.19.2014 , 01:35 PM | #16
Jason, thank you very much for the information.

It's very nice to have clear information about how fundamental game mechanics work for stuff where a really clear explanation doesn't make it into the tooltips or hanger ship character sheet.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."
- Zhe Lian, Sage.

Twitch

JasonAttard
03.19.2014 , 01:48 PM | #17 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
Should I take it as it's unintended for Bombers to have a 90-points Weapon and Engine pool ?
The 90 point weapon pool on Bombers is intended. That was one of the balance changes we made to them as a result of our beta testing, to weaken their primary weapons relative to the other ship types.

Their engine pool should be 100 points, and the data I'm looking at shows it set properly, so if it's only 90 points on the live servers that would be a bug.
Jason Attard | Senior Game Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TrinityLyre
03.19.2014 , 01:53 PM | #18
*snip regarding numbers*
Thanks so much for the information! I added a direct link to this in my guide.
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Respected and Despised & Insert Guild Name Here
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

Kuciwalker
03.19.2014 , 11:03 PM | #19
All of the power pools have a "normal" regeneration rate and a slower "recently consumed" regeneration rate. Anything that consumes energy (taking a shield hit, using your engine boosters, getting hit by an ion railgun, etc) will cause the affected pool to switch to its "recently consumed" rate for several seconds (determined by the "delay" stat for each pool).

For everyone's information, I just tested to see if the shield regen was as a % of base shields or a % of talented shields, and confirmed it is a % of base. Gunship shield regen was 85 ( = 5% of 1700 base) when I had dfield/large (= 1870 talented) and still 85 when I had dfield/turbo (=1530 talented).

mandoforlife
03.20.2014 , 08:43 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuciwalker View Post
For everyone's information, I just tested to see if the shield regen was as a % of base shields or a % of talented shields, and confirmed it is a % of base. Gunship shield regen was 85 ( = 5% of 1700 base) when I had dfield/large (= 1870 talented) and still 85 when I had dfield/turbo (=1530 talented).
Hmm.. good to know. Along with the rest of the information in this thread.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion