Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
03.19.2014 , 12:51 PM | #171 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Just to answer two questions I have seen in the thread...

Why the value difference between the pre-order Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace bonus and the early access cost of the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace?

It is actually fairly simple. The base cost of the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace is 250k Credits. The cost of the three additional rooms is what makes up the remaining 1.25 million that is a part of the pre-order bonus.

If I already killed a boss that has a Stronghold reward (such as Karagga) will I need to kill him again to get the reward?

Although this is a great question we are not quite ready to talk details on the various methods of item unlocks, etc. We will have a blog in the future that outlines more about how the system works and how it will affect previously cleared content.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Niklarus
03.19.2014 , 12:52 PM | #172
Sooooooo excited for this! Can't wait 'til more details start popping. Hoping for ease of customization similar to that of my old City of Heroes base. Being able to craft stuff for the Stronghold sounds real nice, too. Wonder what kind of special materials it'll require. I may have to actually start running Ops for the first time ever in order to get what I need to make my new online home look just right.

Well done, BioWare. Well done.
Please support a Robust Chat System.

Referral Link

Infernixx
03.19.2014 , 12:53 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Why the value difference between the pre-order Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace bonus and the early access cost of the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace?

It is actually fairly simple. The base cost of the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace is 250k Credits. The cost of the three additional rooms is what makes up the remaining 1.25 million that is a part of the pre-order bonus.

If I already killed a boss that has a Stronghold reward (such as Karagga) will I need to kill him again to get the reward?

Although this is a great question we are not quite ready to talk details on the various methods of item unlocks, etc. We will have a blog in the future that outlines more about how the system works and how it will affect previously cleared content.

-eric
Thanks for the clarification.
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Brewski
03.19.2014 , 12:55 PM | #174
Hey folks,

-eric
Excellent! Thanks for the answers.

What about the question of whether or not strongholds will be shared with all characters in your legacy, or if they will have to be character specific? Is that something you can share yet?

EpickFaill
03.19.2014 , 12:57 PM | #175
guys just omg!!!!i was wondering what will come in swtor as ESO and wildstar are on their ways and this this is AWESOME
Remember, we will be watching.

Pietrastor
03.19.2014 , 12:59 PM | #176

Just cramming lotsa Rak smileys to get Eric's attention

Eric, can all my characters from the same legacy (and both factions) use Nar Shaddaa stronghold and contribute to it? Also, will alts (their models) appear standing in the stronghold when I'm logged on one of the characters?

DarthOvertone
03.19.2014 , 01:06 PM | #177
I could care less about the Strongholds and cosmetics, but the Legacy Storage...Finally! That's something my toons need and can use.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Master-Nala
03.19.2014 , 01:17 PM | #178
This is better than I could have hoped for. Bravo Bioware. Switching to six month recurring sub today.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

DurbanPoison
03.19.2014 , 01:17 PM | #179
Hey guys! So there's only Coruscant and Nar Shadda, Dromund where players can live?
What about another planets?

kimdante
03.19.2014 , 01:19 PM | #180
I am curious if any unique housing items will be added to the Collectors Edition Vendor?