Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher Login issue after patch, does not recognize password

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Launcher Login issue after patch, does not recognize password

Caebryl
03.18.2014 , 10:20 PM | #1
Hi there, finally resorting to CS or a bored community member because I have no idea what is causing my issue. I am using a brand new computer running in this partition windows 8 (only because I cant get swtor to run well in Ubuntu ;p) that has run the game fine for a few days now, everything was smooth. After the patch today, maintenance or whatever I can't login. What happens is when the launcher starts I enter my credentials and when I click login nothing happens, it also clears the password field. I believe my issue has to do with the patch, because earlier I was getting an error after watching the cog spin for a few minutes saying it could not connect to the patch, or something relative. However I am not getting this specific error anymore after playing around with various troubleshooting. Not sure but I looked at the connection settings in my LAN options in the browser and for some reason proxy was enabled; anyway that error doesnt show now. Yet the issue logging in persists.

I did try a few things here and there like flushing the cache/dns, used the setup link offered here and a launcherfix utility link which didnt even work. I am also sadly without the fixlauncher exe that is supposed to be in my directory. The setup link files did not give me this. Also what is very strange is I can't even 'X' out or minimize the launcher window, which leads me to ponder if this is a GUI malfunction or a multiple window issue, as a while ago I had the famous 'only one instance' error after saving the Setup files, which I solved via task manager.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Also I found some log .txt stuff that may help in a diagnostic. Posting Tuesday's log as it is about midnight here on the east coast and the information should be fairly identical.

yesterday:
Spoiler

OwenBrooks
03.18.2014 , 11:10 PM | #2
JavaScript error maybe caused from the AV

Goto a clean boot and see if it persists - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 launcher gets a lot of its options like internet explorer through internet options

Caebryl
03.19.2014 , 12:21 PM | #3
For some bizarre reason it seems to be working today.. I am happy yet mildly perplexed. Perhaps the error was not from my end. I did have success last night clean booting at least getting past the login screen but went to bed since the patch was abnormally slow, the 'reorganizing data' thing. This morning it was still frozen as if timed out I restarted and with all services and startup programs running it seems to be working fine. The patch had also gone through.
I'm not sure this is the end of my battle but Thank you however for the reply.