Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

oofalong
03.19.2014 , 10:08 AM | #31
In the fine print it says:

Quote:
Guild Flagships and Legacy Stronghold Storage will be available to players as part of the official launch of Galactic Strongholds.
The Official Launch is not till August of 2014.

Eric or Tait can you clarify that Guild Ships and Legacy Storage will not be coming in 2.8, but rather with the free-to-play launch of the expansion?
Prophecy of the Five Are you Committed to SWTOR?
Read my Theorycrafting Articles on Dulfy.net
Confused by all of the Proc Relics? Read my new and improved relic explanation.
See the best of the best on the Operations Leaderboards
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

EricMusco
03.19.2014 , 10:08 AM | #32 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
I noticed that too. It would be amazing if we got to re-view our old cutscenes as 'memories' invoked by clicking trophies in our Stronghold.
Although a feature like this would certainly be pretty awesome, it is not what "trophies" will do in your Stronghold. The video was more to imply that you can earn awesome rewards for your house by killing things

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Reno_Tarshil
03.19.2014 , 10:09 AM | #33
Good catch Ninjonxb,

Subscriber Early Access to Galactic Strongholds is coming as a part of 2.8. As you can see the decision has been made to move the 2.8 date out two weeks from its original target. We wanted some more time to work on that sweet, sweet player stronghold content.

-eric
Approved!
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Infernixx
03.19.2014 , 10:10 AM | #34
Although a feature like this would certainly be pretty awesome, it is not what "trophies" will do in your Stronghold. The video was more to imply that you can earn awesome rewards for your house by killing things

-eric
Damn. Ah well, can't have everything, I guess. Thanks for the clarification.
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

EricMusco
03.19.2014 , 10:11 AM | #35 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by oofalong View Post
In the fine print it says:

The Official Launch is not till August of 2014.

Eric or Tait can you clarify that Guild Ships and Legacy Storage will not be coming in 2.8, but rather with the free-to-play launch of the expansion?
Your are correct Oofalong. Those features will come with the official launch of the expansion, not with subscriber early access in June.

-eric

ninjonxb
03.19.2014 , 10:12 AM | #36

-eric
4 pages in, 3 dev posts. Woo!

Why am I so excited right now... coffee? what coffee? I don't see any coffee? *sip*
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

Raansu
03.19.2014 , 10:12 AM | #37
So are people going to be able to access fleet chat from their homes? Cuz really I see the majority never actually hanging out in their homes and still spending most of their time on the fleet since that is where all the recruiting for op runs and stuff goes on.

AlienEyeTX
03.19.2014 , 10:13 AM | #38
Did I hear him say, "Jabba?"
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Infernixx
03.19.2014 , 10:13 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
So are people going to be able to access fleet chat from their homes? Cuz really I see the majority never actually hanging out in their homes and still spending most of their time on the fleet since that is where all the recruiting for op runs and stuff goes on.
I imagine people will simply move the bulk of their chat to DK/Coruscant chat instead of Fleet Chat.
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

EricMusco
03.19.2014 , 10:15 AM | #40 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
4 pages in, 3 dev posts. Woo!

Why am I so excited right now... coffee? what coffee? I don't see any coffee? *sip*
You know, on the morning of big updates like this it is a tradition that I stop in the morning and get the team stocked up on some Starbucks. We too are here to make coffee disappear (or a mocha in my case)

-eric