Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware/SWTOR that's just racist man!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Bioware/SWTOR that's just racist man!

Nahsti
03.19.2014 , 12:22 AM | #1
yes that's right I have a racist appeal to plea to you guys

I personally do not have any care in the world for racism ALONG with anything else like that discrimination is nothing to me I don't see how words such as N*&%$ can really cause an impact on someone all you need to do is stop thinking about how it hurts any black person and realize it's just an old cowboy word and you should give to rancor droppings about it! but anyway back to the busy bee's!

Jedi Knight / Consular starting area pictures this right young pedawons have been kidnapped and caged!
so you go save them right? but that 'them' because a 'THEM' because every single pedawon in the cages is a little black boy. no white's (yes I speak bluntly when I'm being mature) no twi'leks no other races just little black boys in cages.

change it up abit yeah?

OwenBrooks
03.19.2014 , 12:29 AM | #2
If your serious , PM Eric Musco directly , fraid to say this forum will not help you, and isn't intended too.

Nahsti
03.19.2014 , 01:40 AM | #3
thanks

BaronV
03.19.2014 , 07:52 AM | #4
are you for real?! Their just some NPCs!

If you are serious, please go fix some problems in the real world that actually matter...
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

finelinebob
03.19.2014 , 08:07 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nahsti View Post

I personally do not have any care in the world for racism ALONG with anything else like that discrimination is nothing to me I don't see how words such as N*&%$ can really cause an impact on someone

As long as racism means nothing to you, you will never BE CAPABLE of understanding both how racist acts in the real world are hurtful and demeaning to others and how putting into the game situations like slavery are supposed to pull on any Light side/Dark side thoughts that are supposed to be a part of this game world.

Being happily clueless about such real life issues is nothing to be glib about. Grow up out of your shell and try seeing things from perspectives other than your own.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

Nahsti
03.29.2014 , 12:30 PM | #6
WOAH GUYS CALM YOUR FARMS!

I have no feel for it because I'm not soft, I'm battle hardened in real life, racism doesn't hit as hard as a rifle I can promise you that, but still I must say I think that only having 'black' children in the cages can be classed as racist.

Katsolit
03.29.2014 , 03:12 PM | #7
if you play sith inquisitor starter area you will see the real racists there! the race called "Pure Bloods"!! they hate all other races and they believe they are the superior sith race! Sith inquisitor i said because you start playing like a slave and all Masters hate you there! if you play pure blood you can slap you companin in the face!!
But dont forget this a RPG game!
<>ABS

theUndead
03.30.2014 , 12:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nahsti View Post
WOAH GUYS CALM YOUR FARMS!

I have no feel for it because I'm not soft, I'm battle hardened in real life, racism doesn't hit as hard as a rifle I can promise you that, but still I must say I think that only having 'black' children in the cages can be classed as racist.
Please stop your self righteous attitude. Just because you have a hard skin does not mean everyone else must just suck it up. Really, their are more important issues in the world than this.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

achwas
03.31.2014 , 05:30 AM | #9
Actually, people tend to take insult when they want to take insult.
I have yet to hear complaints (but quite a number of nasty jokes) about the fact that all prisoners in the Kuat Yard Prison escape sequence are very slender/emacicated or even bullimic Cathar females or very fat Twilek males - which could lead to speciecist comments about both races (especially in light of the Sith Overlords remarks about the "useless prisoners" )... Oh wait, no real world vocal minorities involved, right ?

Or the speciecist comments from many empire side NPCs (especially funny in the agent's storyline - which I personally played with a Twilek)..... Or with Empire sequences/breifings in general ?

So now, BW has to allocate more graphic resources to the Tython start zone to integrate more "incarcerated" padawan models ? If possible, one from every skin tone, species and gender, just to balance things out ? Just to help your utterly personal and subjective feelings of oppression ?

Please get your ducks in a row, there are far more relevant ingame problems that BW should address first.

I'd also like to notice that the entire SW universe has "distinctive personalities" (Aka "speciesist"/"racist") set for most species : Chiss are sneaky and treacherous, Rattataki live for violence, Zabrak are either inherently good or evil depending on skin tone, Twileks are either flightly and flippant or obsessed and paranoid, the empire inherently cannot be trusted and has a superiority complex regarding humans (even to the point with the consular quest on Hoth poking fun on that )......and on and on, ad eternam

achwas

PS Yes, I hearken from a ("once oppressed") minority, - hence I guess I know the feeling - but usually, when I feel slighted over it, I do ask myself whether the annoynace/pain comes from my own possibly weak self-esteem (which makes it my personal problem ), or really from being slighted for being from that minority (which might make it racist ). And.... too many times it is simply a personal slight...

Merancapeman
03.31.2014 , 09:10 AM | #10
Here, here. Extreme political correctness is part of the reason why we're so messed up as a society to begin with. Not everything has to be a veritable smorgasbord of colors, not everything has to be a Noah's ark of races just to make everyone feel comfortable that they're acknowledged. See if you will the hypothesis that they decided to put people in those cages based on complete chance. They flip a coin, heads, this padawan goes in. Flip a coin, another heads. And another. Well, that's very likely. Random chance doesn't guarantee the same thing will happen twice, only that each attempt resets the chances. You look up, and you see that all the caged padawans are darker skinned. From here on out, therefore, the choice to determine what is racist is not based upon how the decision process was made, but rather by the person perceiving the event. As we know, perception is a personal choice.

If you want to start an "Occupy: Empire" then by all means feel free, but until then it seems that the only racist thought that ever entered into this situation was not on behalf of the developers, but by you, who perceived it.