Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware please continue class stories

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Bioware please continue class stories

Kamay
03.19.2014 , 02:33 AM | #11
Bioware kind of set themselves up to fail with the story quests. It was insanely ambitious of them to attempt (and succeed) 8 completely different story lines. Now that the purse strings are essentially cut, and the game is being propped up on a relatively small sub base and cash shop. No shareholder company would ever allow for another massive expenditure of money for a seemingly small gain. Plus a lot of the stories come to a complete end so it is almost like they planned on this in the first place.

I was out of the game for over a year and recently came back to try the new content. To be honest the story arcs are what set this game apart from all the other mmos out there. So once I finally finish my last three 1-50 characters I will probably call it quits. In a F2P game I never expect major expansions only small content patches to keep money trickling in.
*pewpew*
Imperial Medical Operatives - spray painting you with Kolto since 5000 BBY

Adaliaya
03.19.2014 , 03:15 AM | #12
I know its expensive to hire voice actors but they're gonna relaese one ROTHC like expansion what for theyll have to hire then anyway too bad, I loved class stories but many of then, especially JK felt incomplete

cymonguk
03.19.2014 , 07:16 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
I know its expensive to hire voice actors but they're gonna relaese one ROTHC like expansion what for theyll have to hire then anyway too bad, I loved class stories but many of then, especially JK felt incomplete
Those however generally don't have huge amounts of content and class specific things. Agree with other poster just too unlikely right now.

Even if they were to do the more likely. i.e. add a whole new mirrored class, if they got people to pay for it, the stink here would be huge, people would claim cash grab, etc. BW couldn't win with it, I would be all for making a new mirroe class with stories, charging $20 for it for subs, and not allowing f2p any access to it. It would go down like a lead balloon though..

Nerdymidgetkid
03.23.2014 , 03:33 AM | #14
I'd love more class story, but the fact is that this game is slowly dying. This hit home when I was on Korriban today and there were less than 100 people there. Galactic Starfigther revived the game for about two weeks before the whole affair died down. I'd say that Bioware is still making enough money from the game to comfortably keep the servers...for now. But look at the history of this game. To be brutally honest, it flopped. It was the fastest growing MMO ever, for about three months. Soon after it went Free to Play, and the Asia Pacific Servers closed down not long after that. And the Asia Pacific servers, were about as populated as the North American servers are now. I highly doubt that any major expansion will be released for this game again.