Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Corrupter Zero Sweeping Slash Damage Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
HM Corrupter Zero Sweeping Slash Damage Question

JMagee
03.18.2014 , 12:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aieranda View Post
Thanks for the answer.

When you say, "...And Dps need to be burning down adds in the right order and interrupting the gold (ESPECIALLY the melee one," I am wondering what the kill order on adds should be? I think at the moment we are prioritizing Repair Droids and the one that puts out the red circle. Is there more to it than that? I've looked through a lot of guides, but many guides were written ages ago and are vague on the minor details.
No, that's pretty much it. Add management ranges from easy to annoying based on raid composition. Things like Fly-by, Mortar Volley and Force quake knock the repair droids to the ground, making them useless during the ability, preventing them from healing at all. If you have 2 of those abilities in your DPS comp, they can basically burn through the rep droids quickly. The gold should be interrupted as much as possible, again, a sentinel would be perfect for this job. Ideally. If it all seems a bit chaotic at first, you can CC the gold, kill the rep droids and strongs, then go back and focus down the lone gold.

Levram
03.18.2014 , 12:36 PM | #22
When you say, "...And Dps need to be burning down adds in the right order and interrupting the gold (ESPECIALLY the melee one," I am wondering what the kill order on adds should be? I think at the moment we are prioritizing Repair Droids and the one that puts out the red circle. Is there more to it than that? I've looked through a lot of guides, but many guides were written ages ago and are vague on the minor details.
The easiest strategy to use for the adds is to have all four DPS destroy the Gold first, using interrupts and hard stuns as appropriate to prevent the red circles from being cast. Then kill the repair droids. Then kill the Silvers. If you have one person cast an AoE to knock the repair droids onto their backs from the start while you're dealing with the Gold, even better.

With all four DPS on the Gold, it is burned down quickly and you have plenty of people able to stop the red circle.
Acuzel (Assassin DPS) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands

Aieranda
03.18.2014 , 12:42 PM | #23
Love it. Great suggestions. We'll definitely try some of these.

Related to the adds, how much should the tanks worry about picking up some or all of the adds? I see differing suggestions in some guides, and even in this thread about that.

JMagee
03.18.2014 , 01:01 PM | #24
Love it. Great suggestions. We'll definitely try some of these.

Related to the adds, how much should the tanks worry about picking up some or all of the adds? I see differing suggestions in some guides, and even in this thread about that.
My group usually tank swaps on the adds. The tank that is no longer on CZ AoE taunts, and then after that 6s, it's sort of every man for himself with the few adds that are left. The tank tries to focus mainly on the strong adds, and the others (repair droids/Gold) are dead shortly after the AoE taunt wears off.

Levram
03.18.2014 , 01:12 PM | #25
And now for a conflicting response. For my guild the tanks have never even looked at the adds except for the one set that shows up during Corruptor Zero's death laser phase, which they will AoE taunt.

Both healers receive guards at the start of the fight, aggro dump on cooldown, and are basically ignored by the adds. The tanks just worry about the boss, their positioning and swapping as soon as their own stacks drop off. DPS kill the Gold while taking some damage from the Silvers, which the healers cover without a problem.
Acuzel (Assassin DPS) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands

Aieranda
03.18.2014 , 01:42 PM | #26
Also sounds quite feasible. We'll surely try all the suggestions here to find what works for us as I think we'll be face grinding it just a few more times.