Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Double Experience Weekend - What Happened?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Double Experience Weekend - What Happened?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
03.17.2014 , 09:19 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

I know that there was definitely some unhappiness that came out of this past double XP weekend and I wanted to address a little bit about what happened, and we are doing about it. There are two main issues which plagued the weekend:
  • In certain group compositions, no experience is granted during a Flashpoint.
  • The Kuat Drive Yards Flashpoint was awarding only normal experience for NPC kills, it was not being doubled.
Understandably, many players look to Flashpoints to level during our double XP weekends and so there is quite a bit of frustration that these bugs were present. Let's take them one at a time. The first bug, where no XP is being granted at all is something that we are aware of, and it will actually be fixed tomorrow in Game Update 2.6.2. The KDY issue, unfortunately, was only discovered after double XP went live and as such, there wasn't much that can be done.

Why not just cancel double XP until the issues are resolved?
I understand that if you intended to level through Flashpoints, this past weekend may not have been the best. However, there are many folks who were looking forward to the double XP weekend who level outside of Flashpoints and it would have been unfair to them to move the weekend out.

Why not just bring the servers down and fix these issues on Friday?
We would only do this in situations where there is a very critical issue present, such as a major exploit or an issue preventing players from playing at all.

What now?
I have spoken to the dev team and we are both in agreement that we should do another double XP weekend. Again, to readdress the issues from above, after tomorrow non-KDY Flashpoints should no longer have the issue where no experience will be awarded. As a note, I am still trying to get a timeline on when we would be able to address the KDY issue. Although it will be our goal to have both of these issues addressed before we have our next double XP, it is possible that KDY may not be addressed by then. However you will definitely be able to get double XP out of our other Flashpoints.

I know the big question right now is "when is the next double XP then?" I do not have that answer at this exact moment, but I am going to try to get that answer to you as soon as possible!

I apologize to those of you who were looking to "Flashpoint your face off" this weekend. We are going to work on getting you back into those Flashpoints with some double XP at your back soon™.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Never_Hesitate
03.17.2014 , 09:21 AM | #2
Thanks for letting us know
I will be prepared and my fun this weekend wasn't cut short because of this bug.
I didn't level as much, as I could have, but the many queue pops were enough of a compensation to keep my leveling flow rolling.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

cymonguk
03.17.2014 , 09:24 AM | #3
Thanks for the response Eric. I would guess many of us would prefer you to fix KDY and then do the double XP, rather than rush to provide a double XP weekend again without KDY. Certainly that would seem to be the feedback from this weekend anyway.

Thanks for the update.

AlienEyeTX
03.17.2014 , 09:25 AM | #4
Thank you for explaining. Also, thank you for letting us know that y'all are doing something to make it up to those who were affected.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

TravelersWay
03.17.2014 , 09:25 AM | #5
Thanks for the information Eric, and for letting the players know what the situation was.

That being said, has there been any discussion with the dev team about allowing the players to have the option to turn off the XP gains for those who do not want to level so fast? It's disappointing to only have a limited time to play the game, and the time that one has then has to be spent not playing any way because one does not want to outlevel the content they are playing so quickly.
Character Page with music and quest lists
Legacy Skills Suggestion to eliminate the need for Legacy Datacrons

This is not a referral link because I am not a needy whore

Celwinn
03.17.2014 , 09:25 AM | #6
For selfish reasons, I am glad KDY was bugged (real life dragged me away from TOR):P

But in all honesty, sucks that it was bugged, but glad you guys are telling us what happened, and what will happen next.

Don't let the past define you

Reno_Tarshil
03.17.2014 , 09:26 AM | #7
Thank you Eric for taking time today to address this for those players who feel less fortunate.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote:
Oooh look a butterfly.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

TUXs
03.17.2014 , 09:28 AM | #8
Thanks Eric!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Joesixxpack
03.17.2014 , 09:31 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

-eric
Good on ya.

And since I spent my game time on another's beta I'm glad there'll be another double.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Reno_Tarshil
03.17.2014 , 09:36 AM | #10
Alright people he said they are planning another Double XP Weekend but have no idea when yet. Please do not twist and demand this.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote:
Oooh look a butterfly.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs