Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master Khoris = most annoying boss ever

toha
03.16.2014 , 02:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by PhantomMalice View Post
You mean like all the time? Force push you from injectors then root you with force leap as you are running back to it. Most of the time your team mates are eager to watch you die and are milking every single nanoseconds that you are tanking the boss so they can pew-pew.
Not sure what you mean...
But yeah all the time; if position myself correctly, and avoid the circles correctly as well, he launches me into the injector.
Use it when you/the group taken some damage, and reposition so that the next push sends you into the other injector.
Rinse, repeat.
Took me some practice, but it's doable on an Concealment Op, MM Sniper, Mara, Sorc, Merc. Haven't gotten around to doing it on a PT, Sin or a Jugger.
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Arcadius-Fett
03.17.2014 , 06:17 AM | #22
Oh man, I came on here to post the same thing, not surprised so many people have already gotten around to it. I was going crazy this past weekend, obviously running this flashpoint non-stop to level my lowbies. On my Marauder and Assassin it was just so painful, and I kept getting this boss almost every time.

Then I logged on my Sniper. I wanted to punch my monitor by the end of it. This fight is not difficult. Not at all. It is just so pointlessly tedious. This is the worst encounter in the entire game, such horrible design.
Ziara - Vanaden
The Shadowlands

PLynkes
03.17.2014 , 06:36 AM | #23
Pretty much all boss fights for me. I hate boss fights, especially ones that need an ops group, like world bosses, the Eyeless, those sort of fights. I find them incredibly boring, just endlessly bashing at a big monster while being pestered by ads.

Considering how much I dislike boss fights, I guess choosing an MMO to play wasn't a very smart move on my part.

Curiously, having said all that, one of my favourite games of all time is Shadow of the Colossus, which is made of boss fights. But those are interesting boss fights where you get to do cool stuff, rather than "The thing with a gazillion hit points that takes all day to kill as you stab at it with a pin."

wainot-keel
03.17.2014 , 08:44 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lowfrequenzy View Post
I don't have any problems with that boss on my Juggernaut and I don't need to Intercede. You know, we can spec into a speedboost that we get the moment our guarded target is under attack (Rule of Two). Guess what sandstorm does Oh, and using mass taunt when the sandstorm begins helps your healer and Saber Reflect reflects the sandstorm.
Yup, Rule of Two is teh awesome. And it doesn't have a limit so the speed boost is up for the whole bit. I also do the Mass taunt and Saber Reflect, I wait for the rampage cast on boss to activate them though, since it seems during the smashes it does the most damage. It's a short window though, 1 second iirc, but since both are off gcd is enough if you are paying attention, if you're not you get stunned (how original) and you eat the whole thing...

But back to the Vrbrllrterhhre (cba with proper spelling ) boss, what I don't know how it works is the stun for the others. As tank you have the charming knockback+stun combo every single time. But when I'm healing for example, I sometimes get stunned, sometimes I don't. I don't think it's range, since I tried to be as far as possible, also in melee range, always at the boss' back or side... and no difference...

Jeweledleah
03.17.2014 , 09:03 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
As a Juggy tank I'd think you'd be more worried about the Enhanced Duneclaw! The only way I've seen Guardians/Juggernauts tank that fight well is by having a DPS dash over to the generator to be Interceded to. Because the Guardian is SLOW and doesn't have a speed boost or a slow-removing ability. Vanguards can use Hold The Line and Shadows can use Force Speed, but Guardians just get stuck.
oh lord, yes. I hate tanking it on my jugg when another group member doesn't run ahead so that I could intercede to them (which happens majority of the time) edited to add... hmm... having seen comments above, maybe I should go over my spec again.

at least the spore boss i can cheese by hanging out on a rock by the entrance. sure, he takes longer to kill, since you can only weaken him half the time, but at least you are not bouncing all over the room.

that said, I find all the bosses in KDY annoying. not hard. annoying. especially as a force user. becasue at least with other characters, even if I cannot really go through a normal rotation, at least I can dot and basic shot them while I'm running away from circles.

wainot-keel
03.17.2014 , 10:03 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
oh lord, yes. I hate tanking it on my jugg when another group member doesn't run ahead so that I could intercede to them (which happens majority of the time) edited to add... hmm... having seen comments above, maybe I should go over my spec again.
Rule of Two, up in the 6th row in the tanking tree.

It seems like a PvP ability, but AoE damage can trigger its effect so it is useful for PvE as well. I don't think every and any kind of AoE damage will make it work, but certainly the sandstorm does.

I always put 2 points in Rule of Two. And quite frankly, not much better options anyway (Warmonger, Thrown gauntlet and lol.vicious.retaliation)

Exeiro
03.17.2014 , 10:37 AM | #27

ItachiZaku
03.19.2014 , 11:22 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by toha View Post
Also are all of you position this guy so that he knock you back in to kolto iinjectors? Just wondering
I heal tank this guy most times and I tell everyone to keep their stupid hands off my KOLTOS. MY KOLTOS. I kite back and forth and get kicked back towards them, after the knockback, pop a kolto and kite back to the other one. People always mess with MY KOLTO. If they stay out of the circles, they shouldn't be taking much damage at all, so shouldn't be touching MY KOLTO! I'm heals, I'll handle it :P haha

To me, that's what makes it the most annoying, is when I'm on my tank or heals and I'm running the show there and people still mess with the koltos when I tell'em I will handle. They pop it right after I do or before the knockback. A lot more annoying than the boss himself, though it is a 45 minute fight.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

bannsider
03.19.2014 , 01:38 PM | #29
Master Khoris is the slowest, most boring fight in the entire game

toha
03.19.2014 , 01:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by bannsider View Post
Master Khoris is the slowest, most boring fight in the entire game
I enjoy myself when I see that all of my group apart for myself is lifted by the circle for the second time, after I said: "stay out of the blue circles".
But I'm tired of trying to help idiots when they don't listen, so I'll keep tanking this guy on my Oper, Sniper, Sorc and just about any other class, and if they die... Well... I told them
E: I'm developing a sick sense of humor, don't mind me
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.