Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Developer Update: Quesh Huttball Pit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Quesh Huttball Pit
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xakthul's Avatar


Xakthul
03.12.2014 , 07:17 PM | #61
Training is a GOOD thing. Unless your guild is RP-only, then they SHOULD be training (at least their 55s) to do PvP and group PvE. Don't get hardcore about it, but still, it's really worth training a PvP group (at least for ranked)
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Morthwyll's Avatar


Morthwyll
03.13.2014 , 10:06 AM | #62
Yay! Another warzone where my sent can be raped by snipers... and where my force leap can bug and do high fall damage to me (which happens almost every time when i use it on person who was just pushed up in the air by the platform).

I hope at least that those magnetic grapple blaster tables will work better than the air-push up platforms (whatever they're called) in original HB and won't knock you into fire trap or acid just because it's so fun to have random deaths.

Let ppl choose what they queue for (this way you'll know what is really most popular and should be worked on) or at least show what wz poped in the join/decline window so i can leave it without having to wait for map to load.

Side note: at least the football teams who play PvP will now need to make new tactics and not just repeat the same old tricks (although some of them will probably work in the new area).

And yea, I like killng ppl in the HB area and I have scored a goal or two, but I don't like loosing just because the enemy team know how to play a ball and not how to fight, so match ends with 3 kills total. I always thought PvP was about fighting other players, looks like I was wrong...

Uber_the_Goober's Avatar


Uber_the_Goober
03.13.2014 , 10:18 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Morthwyll View Post
Yay! Another warzone where my sent can be raped by snipers... and where my force leap can bug and do high fall damage to me (which happens almost every time when i use it on person who was just pushed up in the air by the platform).

I hope at least that those magnetic grapple blaster tables will work better than the air-push up platforms (whatever they're called) in original HB and won't knock you into fire trap or acid just because it's so fun to have random deaths.
whining...

Quote: Originally Posted by Morthwyll View Post
Let ppl choose what they queue for (this way you'll know what is really most popular and should be worked on) or at least show what wz poped in the join/decline window so i can leave it without having to wait for map to load.
EXCELLENT IDEA I hope this gets implemented.

Quote: Originally Posted by Morthwyll View Post
Side note: at least the football teams who play PvP will now need to make new tactics and not just repeat the same old tricks (although some of them will probably work in the new area).

And yea, I like killng ppl in the HB area and I have scored a goal or two, but I don't like loosing just because the enemy team know how to play a ball and not how to fight, so match ends with 3 kills total. I always thought PvP was about fighting other players, looks like I was wrong...
More whining...and you don't understand the purpose of objective based pvp. Just own your attitude - you're a deathmatcher, a dps'er, and that's all you want. It's ok, just man up and admit it. Nothing wrong with it, but don't try to belittle the objective based pvp system just because you don't understand or don't prefer it.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Cidanel's Avatar


Cidanel
03.13.2014 , 12:20 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Morthwyll View Post
And yea, I like killng ppl in the HB area and I have scored a goal or two, but I don't like loosing just because the enemy team know how to play a ball and not how to fight, so match ends with 3 kills total. I always thought PvP was about fighting other players, looks like I was wrong...
You are wrong...PvP is players playing a game against other players. Multiplayer racing would be PvP. Nowhere does it say it has to be fighting. If all you are trying to do is kill the most people, you are not a great PvPer in this game (other than ranked). Objectives always trump killing.

Morthwyll's Avatar


Morthwyll
03.14.2014 , 11:22 AM | #65
Yea, I like to whine a bit from time to time, but hey, aren't the forums meant for it? :P

Ok, maybe I wasn't clear enough, I understand importance of objectives, and I spent fair time capping cannons, interrupting pylon caps or making shooting goals as hard as possible, tbh HB is one of my favorite areas to fight, but it's simply irritating when you get random group where half of the people don't even know how to pass and you fight against a premade which shoots 6 goals in 4 mins, that's all. (Yes, I do realise that premade vs. randoms is always problematic, but in HB it's most visible.) And those are often premades, who loose other warzones badly.

I enjoy fighting other ppl more than running with ball, so when I get the ball, most times I just throw it to another ally asap, because otherwise I gonna get focused hard and not able to normally fight, especially with the lack of guarding/healing most random groups offer.

Best scenario of HB for me is about 3 goals for my team and a lot of fighting in between.
And I focus on getting as many kills as possible only when we're already loosing badly, otherwise I just try to do my job by being a pain in the enemy healers/rdps rear end and interrupting/speed buffing ball carriers, occassionally shoot a goal when I see a good occassion noone else is going to exploit.

Xzara_Jade's Avatar


Xzara_Jade
03.16.2014 , 07:46 AM | #66
Too little to late. :'(
"I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate."

-----The C`Boath Legacy------
---Oceanic server Dalborra----

cool-dude's Avatar


cool-dude
03.19.2014 , 10:22 PM | #67
Indeed, its so brutal that no one dies.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

Adaliaya's Avatar


Adaliaya
03.19.2014 , 11:42 PM | #68
Looks very good work but I agree with that something should be done to ranged (or Sentinels that are waiting for easy target to leap on), that gives too much advantage to them. Melee is already hurt in most PvP and raids dont hurt it anymore plz

Caid_Baraka's Avatar


Caid_Baraka
03.20.2014 , 02:33 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
I saw this sentiment being posted last Friday but decided (okay, Musco told me ) to wait until the blog went out before sharing my thoughts on the "snipers on the pipe" (great band name btw).

The center of Quesh Pit is an apples to apples comparison to the center of the original Huttball. In the center of both maps are wide open areas with little in the means of LoS. Take the original Huttball for example, to LoS someone you'd have to leave the center area or play coy around the ball stand. There are no other LoS blockers in the area at all and in addition, snipers and other ranged classes usually choose to setup on the walkways around this center area to rain hot death upon anyone picking up the ball or otherwise in the center area. This is just like the center platform in Quesh although taken to the extreme and hectic because it is closer to the endzone.

<snipped a bit>

Please continue with the constructive comments and feedback on all things Quesh Huttball Pit!

Cheers!
Really the pipe sections should spin periodically dumping the players off. It would be a great spot while you're there but not a place you can just hang out.

Kissakias's Avatar


Kissakias
03.25.2014 , 08:01 AM | #70
Now that we will have a lot of WZs can we have and a selection que?
I really dont like huttball but love all other 8v8 WZs
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!