Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KDY FP not granting double XP for NPC kills

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
KDY FP not granting double XP for NPC kills
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OddballEasyEight
03.14.2014 , 04:02 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
You can't go. Why would you want to go a game thats anywhere near Eulle?
Millions of players playing... I'll be fine

OddballEasyEight
03.14.2014 , 04:07 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
I'm sorry that listing other options you have to play this game with friends outside of KDY is not putting things in perspective for you.

if you wish to spend your time being upset at bioware instead of finding other ways to have fun this weekend with your friends? go for it!
Is it ok if I'm upset then?
You know, since I am in a special situation.
I've listed it before, but I'll list it again, I have 6 alts at lvl 15-17 that I want to level up, but I still haven't started their class stories since I'm going to record that.
So now, if I want to play anything other than KDY, GSF or PvP, I'll have to play through their class stories to get the ship and that means recording the class stories of all 6 characters up to when they get their ships.
And I just don't have that much space on my harddrive.
In fact, I have about enough to record just one.
And I am sick and tired of GSF right now (doubly so since doing it with these characters would mean starting over with no equipped ships) and I positively loathe PvP.
So my only alternative for this weekend was KDY, but now that's almost pointless (well, it gives about as much as it usually does, so I could still do it, but I sure won't be grinding out 6 characters on it)

So is it ok for me, in my particular situation, to be upset?

Khevar
03.14.2014 , 04:09 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuomo View Post
... this ruined their weekend ...
Webster's defines ruined as: "a state of complete destruction"

Since BW has responded to the bug report, there's always a chance it will be fixed.

"Ruined", at this time, is hyperbole.

StrikePrice
03.14.2014 , 04:11 PM | #94
How can I get a refund for my purchases of FP exp boosts?

Darth_Wicked
03.14.2014 , 04:12 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post

Since BW has responded to the bug report, there's always a chance it will be fixed.

The question is: Can it be fixed without deploying a patch? As in, while people are playing the game normally? Even so, I sense another double XP weekend sooner rather than later, in order to alleviate this debacle.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan and Meetra Surik
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally. History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.

OddballEasyEight
03.14.2014 , 04:13 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post

Well apparantly they responded on the stream that it won't be fixed this wekend, so there goes the chance of it being fixed this weekend.
Thus, many peoples weekends are "ruined".
Ruined as in "well my weekend plans are now not possible and I have to do something else than what I wanted to do and had planned to do for a long time".

I mean, if you really restrict the word "ruined" to websters definition, it would only be if someone died or a war broke out in your town.
And that's a bit strict.

Khevar
03.14.2014 , 04:13 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
The question is: Can it be fixed without deploying a patch? As in, while people are playing the game normally? Even so, I sense another double XP weekend sooner rather than later, in order to alleviate this debacle.
Wouldn't surprise me.

TaitWatson
03.14.2014 , 05:12 PM | #98 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey all,

As many of you suspected, we were able to confirm that experience is not granting as intended in Kuat Drive Yards. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the bug, we won't be able to fix it during this Double XP Weekend.

Thank you for your understanding,

-tw
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

teclado
03.14.2014 , 05:19 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey all,

As many of you suspected, we were able to confirm that experience is not granting as intended in Kuat Drive Yards. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the bug, we won't be able to fix it during this Double XP Weekend.

-tw
Thank you for letting us know. I apologize in advance for all of the inevitable flamers and haters inbound...
My 55s: VG, Guard / Jugg, Sage / Sorc, Sentinel, Shadow
Working on: Merc (48)

The Harbinger

corelliaisbawss
03.14.2014 , 05:22 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey all,

-tw
I'm so furious I just force choked my cat.
"Hark now the drums beat up again, for all true soldiers gentlemen, then let us list and march I say! O'er the hills and far away"