Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can you fix the Dye and Unify companion conversation/cutscene bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Can you fix the Dye and Unify companion conversation/cutscene bug?

LtGeneralGezlin
03.12.2014 , 02:12 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
Someone explained in another thread that the Devs have put it down to horribly cluttered original coding. The code is a mess in those original conversations and not a quick fix. This is why unify works in new cut scenes, but not any of the originals.

I very much feel your pain. I have a very nice kit for my entire Imperial Agent team and it looks like a hodge podge of garbage in the final clips.
This wouldn't surprise me. The Sith Warrior had buggy convos with Pierce for the longest time.... I just wish we could get a "Hey, we know about this and are looking into it."
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

DakotaDoc
03.12.2014 , 08:19 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
This has been since launch I believe. At least for the last year. Uh.. yeah, it's not getting fixed. Enjoy. Sorry to be so nasty about it, but I too am tired of all the texture errors.
Yeah, this is one of those bugs that have been around so long, it is now considered a feature. Enjoy.
I know when I gear my companions, I avoid using dye or color matching. As I know companion conversations are going to be messed up by gear distractions. I know, OCD in action. This is plainly an example of a prominent and complete lack of attention to DETAIL, that is persistent through-out this game. Just another papercut and a perfect signature of Biowares development priority. That priority is the Cartel Market.

Merouk
03.13.2014 , 08:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
I just wish we could get a "Hey, we know about this and are looking into it."
Why?

I mean, "we're looking into it" doesn't do anything. Case in point.

TheOuroborus
03.14.2014 , 12:35 PM | #14
And Hide Helmet too. I agree it's a very sorry sight watching my favorite companions wearing clown suits in cut-scenes, but also agreed this is something on a nearly infinite list of bugs that will NEVER be fixed.
Q'uo-daax 55 Shadow | Uma-ka 55 Sentinel | Lyralia 55 Commando | Zo-en 55 Scoundrel
Syaia 55 Marauder | Xto'en 55 Sorcerer | A'saj 55 Assassin
Ixa-sha 55 Mercenary | B'dia 55 Operative

Founder, Legacy 50 On Begeren Colony

LtGeneralGezlin
04.24.2014 , 10:48 AM | #15
Is there any chance that this MIGHT be fixed soon? This has been broken for a LONG while....
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Joradan
06.04.2014 , 04:46 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
Is there any chance that this MIGHT be fixed soon? This has been broken for a LONG while....
A very long time.