Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Donít miss our Double XP Weekend: March 14 Ė 17!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Donít miss our Double XP Weekend: March 14 Ė 17!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lugosi
03.13.2014 , 03:12 PM | #21
Does the PTS get the double xp? I have always been curious of this and I'm not sure the two have ever been going at the same time. I could be mistaken though.
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

Oxidsed
03.13.2014 , 04:54 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Dan_Loto,

You pose a good question, "Why is this?" and I have an interesting answer for you, it actually isn't .
<snip>
Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

-eric
thanks for answering his question, but can you please comment on why this special event does is not running for a duration that is an exact multiple of 24hrs!!!??????

Why do some time zones get 3 prime time evening slots, and others only get 2?!?!?

Please explain... actually, please fix

JamieKirby
03.13.2014 , 06:46 PM | #23
convenient that this double xp event happens at the exact same weekend and time as the ESO beta weekend.

OddballEasyEight
03.14.2014 , 02:21 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
I would like to point out, for players who may not realize this (I see this every occurrence of Double XP).

The "Monday" end of Double XP Weekend is deceiving! It ends on the first second of Monday (Pacific Time) meaning you really only have up to Sunday night at 11:59 PM (Pacific time).
Hello, my name is OddballEasyEight, and I would like to point out to you that there is a world outside the continental united states of america.
Over here in europe where I live, for example, the event starts on friday at 7pm and ends on monday 8am.
So the event does last until monday.
For some of us.
Then again, for some others, the event doesn't even start on friday, it actually starts on saturday.
It's a big world out there my friend.

(also, legally they have to say that it ends on monday if it ends at midnight. Because then it's monday. If it ended at 11:59 pm saturday it would be ok to say saturday)
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

OddballEasyEight
03.14.2014 , 02:22 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
convenient that this double xp event happens at the exact same weekend and time as the ESO beta weekend.
It's perfect!
This time we might not have as many "oh my life is ruined because I earn double xp and that makes it impossible for me to play" posts
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.

OddballEasyEight
03.14.2014 , 02:23 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Oxidsed View Post
thanks for answering his question, but can you please comment on why this special event does is not running for a duration that is an exact multiple of 24hrs!!!??????

Why do some time zones get 3 prime time evening slots, and others only get 2?!?!?

Please explain... actually, please fix
Because it would be impossible to give every timezone an exact 3 prime time evening slots?
(because, you know, there's more than just the US out there)

psychmorph
03.14.2014 , 04:00 AM | #27
Why is it always US times, we in Europe loss so much of the double XP as it happens when we sleep. Prime time gamers want this in our own prime time not US!

Is it so hard to start the Double XP weekends at different times???

craggy
03.14.2014 , 04:51 AM | #28
seeing as there are different servers for the US and EU players, it may be possible to set the double xp to work at different times for the different sides of the Atlantic. Of course, I don't know exactly how it all works, so maybe not. Either way, that's not how it is.
Okay, how about everyone puts their in a bowl....?

Cekis
03.14.2014 , 09:18 AM | #29
Wow... was just leveling a new char and was wondering why my levels weren't increasing very fast (well, relatively fast I should say)... decided to come here and just read it doesn't start until 11AM PST... D'OH!!!! /facepalm

Would have been nice to save that little 25% xp bonus token for post 11AM... but no... I burned it. Whatevs.
C e k i s -- O p t i k i l l -- K r y t i k i l l -- J o r a y
Harbinger - Starfighter Pilot
Click to get FREE STUFFS (Referral Link)

Lyshar
03.14.2014 , 10:18 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Because it would be impossible to give every timezone an exact 3 prime time evening slots?
(because, you know, there's more than just the US out there)
It is possible by making it last 72 hours (or simply any multitude of 24 hours). True, it's possible for some it will start in the middle of one, but then it also end in the middle of one.

And for US it's said to last 3 days while for EU it lasts 2.5. Posted that before, they didn't comment and they didn't ninja edit it. So not even sure which is the correct one, probably the 2.5 days one.
Never saw that second part of subscriber appreciation we were supposed to get Fall 2013, he said we'd feel appreciated.
That can't have been the case as I can't even recall getting the CC part of it (which doesn't really help with that anyway).