Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

When Do You Do Bonus Series?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When Do You Do Bonus Series?

DomiSotto's Avatar


DomiSotto
03.13.2014 , 06:49 AM | #1
Does the game send you to do Bonus Series specifically? We now have Nar-Shaddaa and Tatooine BS available, but no prompts to go and play through them. Will it break the story if it's cleaned up before Alderaan?

Thank you and apologies for a noobish question!

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
03.13.2014 , 06:51 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
Does the game send you to do Bonus Series specifically? We now have Nar-Shaddaa and Tatooine BS available, but no prompts to go and play through them. Will it break the story if it's cleaned up before Alderaan?

Thank you and apologies for a noobish question!
The Bonus Series for Nar Shaddaa are supposed to be completed AFTER you complete the first chapter. The ones on Tatooine are to be done when you're still in the planet, as in, BEFORE you leave after you're done with your class story.

If you do the Bonus Series on Nar Shaddaa before going to Alderaan, your character may get overleveled for the latter. Wisest course of action is the one I recommended IMHO.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Unseen
When he returns, there will be peace.
When he returns, there will be silence.
WHEN HE RETURNS, ALL STARS WILL DIE.

DomiSotto's Avatar


DomiSotto
03.13.2014 , 06:54 AM | #3
Thank you! I think we might be already over-level for Alderaan. Not sure how.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
03.13.2014 , 06:57 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
Thank you! I think we might be already over-level for Alderaan. Not sure how.
Have you done every single heroic thus far? Every single flashpoint, plus the daily connected to its level range?

If you have and you're a subscriber, it's not exactly hard to be overleveled at times. I ignore heroics, space missions and flashpoints on my newest characters and I'm always 4+ levels ahead of the target content I'm doing. Don't use XP boosts neither but have tons of rested XP though.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Unseen
When he returns, there will be peace.
When he returns, there will be silence.
WHEN HE RETURNS, ALL STARS WILL DIE.

Suromir's Avatar


Suromir
03.13.2014 , 07:14 AM | #5
by sticking to only class missions and even skipping some planetary stuff later on..you can hit level 47 and beat the class stories before you even finish corellia. Which is typically what I do..then dailies/etc to 50..then on to 55 on makeb or with dailies/heroicFPs.

point being..if you throw in FP's, Heroics, and Bonus seires in the mix you're almost certain to become overleveled at some point.

DomiSotto's Avatar


DomiSotto
03.13.2014 , 07:39 AM | #6
Just Heroics +2 and every story quest/BS on Taris. I assumed it was not that hard to over-level, thnx for confirming. As long as it doesn't break the story, I am Okay with it.