Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Slicka
03.12.2014 , 10:44 AM | #4301
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I too would like to know when it's coming
Does Damion Schubert still work at Bioware? I haven't heard that name since beta, and launch.
Server: Prophecy of the Five
16 Characters, when will it end? All advanced classes, ftw!

Youtube Playthrough Videos / Guides

Vhaegrant
03.12.2014 , 10:45 AM | #4302
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicka View Post
Yes, but look at some of the other posts.

Those above are just a few I found while skimming through about five pages within this mess of a thread. As I said, and I'm not pointing you out as being for, or against it because you want it, I'm just trying to point out that this argument has gone on for over 420 pages and no matter which "facts" are presented on either side. I use the term "facts" loosely here since it's more opinionative than actual facts. These "facts" don't sway either side. They just start belittling, and berating each other because they don't see the other's point of view. It really doesn't matter where the overall decision goes.

The bottom line is this thread is going nowhere because the same arguments that are presented are being denied by the opposition. When that happens, how is there a reasonable discussion? Most of these posters state "Give me ONE reason it should/shouldn't happen! You can't!". So tell me TUXs, how can such an argument be settled without having the Devs get involved by stating whether or not it will happen? Is it the only way? I'm quite intrigued by what you think considering you are one of the one's who regularly posts constructive arguments on such topics in these forums.
There's reasonable discussion on gaming forums

But seriously, this is a hobby thread for a few posters now. Look at the majority of posts involved and it's a rather small name pool.
The thread drops down the pages and then some new poster resurrects it with the rather innocent 'This is a feature I'd like to see.' and then it's off to the ballgame again

I half suspect this thread will only die off when the invested posters leave the game, a dev makes a statement one way or the other, the feature gets introduced or the servers shut down.

Beyond that and as long as it doesn't descend into personal attacks and name calling it's a little diversion that's harming no one. A little like an AC swap feature should it ever introduced

Vhaegrant
03.12.2014 , 10:46 AM | #4303
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicka View Post
Does Damion Schubert still work at Bioware? I haven't heard that name since beta, and launch.
Current Lead Game Designer.

Slicka
03.12.2014 , 10:48 AM | #4304
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
There's reasonable discussion on gaming forums

But seriously, this is a hobby thread for a few posters now. Look at the majority of posts involved and it's a rather small name pool.
The thread drops down the pages and then some new poster resurrects it with the rather innocent 'This is a feature I'd like to see.' and then it's off to the ballgame again

I half suspect this thread will only die off when the invested posters leave the game, a dev makes a statement one way or the other, the feature gets introduced or the servers shut down.

Beyond that and as long as it doesn't descend into personal attacks and name calling it's a little diversion that's harming no one. A little like an AC swap feature would be if ever introduced
Yeah, I tend to agree with most of your points listed above. I'd prefer AC change doesn't happen, but it's not like I'll quit the game over that being implemented.

Darth_Wicked
03.12.2014 , 10:48 AM | #4305
My hair color impacts your gameplay as much as my AC choice does.
Last I checked, I didn't talk about MY or ANYONE else's gameplay. FACT remains that one has an effect on gameplay and the other does not.

Either way, I'm still waiting for someone to explain how rerolling is that earth shattering really.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Devoted Ones ( AKA, Raving Mad )
THEY'RE RUINING EVERYTHING! I SEE IT. WE SEE. BUT THEY DON'T SEE.
THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE EYES!

CosmicKat
03.12.2014 , 10:50 AM | #4306
That about sums it up.

There's no impact on anyone else if someone wants to switch their AC.

There's a possible minor impact on EA/Bioware's bottom line. Anyone who desperately wants to switch a Shadow to a Sage may potentially not play as long as they would if they had to re-level, but EA/Bioware have shown little concern at all about allowing people to speed their way through the game for cash.
"I still think nothing that has been suggested in the last

10 minutes beats 'smashy smashy egg men'."

Slicka
03.12.2014 , 10:54 AM | #4307
It might blind boss mobs, or other PVPers if it's too shiny!

NERF! NERF! NERF the hair colour NAO!!!

Jeweledleah
03.12.2014 , 10:54 AM | #4308
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Last I checked, I didn't talk about MY or ANYONE else's gameplay. FACT remains that one has an effect on gameplay and the other does not.

Either way, I'm still waiting for someone to explain how rerolling is that earth shattering really.
some people don't enjoy playing the same story twice, just like they don't reread books or rewatch movies.
some people have very limited time to play and rather than reroll, they might just leave the game all together for something that lets them play what they do enjoy. just to name a couple. just becasue you cannot relate personally - doesn't make it invalid.

above was a suggestion to make it $20, limit it to 3 changes per character, and add a one month cooldown before you can change back. I'd say that takes care of "flash of the month" concerns nicely AND potentially makes bioware some profit.

Vandicus
03.12.2014 , 10:59 AM | #4309
Would you also approve of base class swapping? For all intents and purposes, one AC is functionally different from another in terms of game mechanics. Stealth characters play enormously differently from say, a sniper/slinger. Mercs vs PTs are a ranged class as opposed to a melee class. So on and so forth.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Vhaegrant
03.12.2014 , 10:59 AM | #4310
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There's a possible minor impact on EA/Bioware's bottom line. Anyone who desperately wants to switch a Shadow to a Sage may potentially not play as long as they would if they had to re-level, but EA/Bioware have shown little concern at all about allowing people to speed their way through the game for cash.
The effect to EA/Bioware's bottom line only applies if the player is a subscriber. With the hybrid model the length of time someone spends playing a character and not paying a subscription also has a minor impact on the bottom line.

Ideally what you want to achieve is a sense that time invested in any character you play is not wasted time. I would imagine the potential for a preferred/f2p player to use the AC swap function to remain playing their character is higher than them going back to level one and levelling up an alt.