Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slowest MMO XP on the market.... pls increase xp for leveling

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Slowest MMO XP on the market.... pls increase xp for leveling

Callaron
03.11.2014 , 07:58 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post
Is this for real? 10 years of mmo's and this is the slowest? >.>
Does 10 years of playing WoW count? In which case he might be for real.
Otherwise... not so much. (and the first years of WoW probably had a similar leveling speed as SWTOR)
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Pingonaut
03.11.2014 , 07:59 PM | #12
What a joke.

JnEricsonx
03.11.2014 , 08:00 PM | #13
Slowest my pasty white butt. Only reason I didn't have a level 50 within the first couple months-and I was here DAY ONE-is cause I was too busy making chars in the other storylines and loving it. And since I do lots of sidequests, FFS, most of the game I'm usually running 5 odd levels above the average content. Hell, half the time I didn't really wanna run alts during the 2x weekends cause it felt like I became obscenely overleveled. But thats my opinion, I could be wrong.

Sangrar
03.11.2014 , 08:01 PM | #14
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

DuEldrvarya
03.11.2014 , 08:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by cohmwk View Post
Guys, I'm a veteran of several MMO's in the last 10 years and I have to tell you... leveling in Star Wars is brutal.

Seriously guys, I love the game and think its one of the best MMO's in the last 10 years and once the new Star Wars movies hit, you guys are going to get a nice boost to membership numbers but...

pls for the love of all that is good in MMO's.... increase the xp, its the primary reason I don't play as much as I would like to, it just seems like forever to level. I'm in a guild on my characters, paying subscriber and use the xp buffs when I can but man just seems really sloooooowwww.......

Don't want to unsub cause I really do love to log in and play from time to time but thinking of either renewing my sub with WOW or going to Wildstar once I see the reviews.
Vanilla WoW took more than 5 times longer to level than star wars. And honestly SWTOR is pretty fast if you farm the right things, only takes ~15 hours of grind game time to go from 1-50 and another 2 or 3 raids to get you to 55.

I mean if you really want to be mad about this game's leveling curve you should have tried Runescape....

92-99 same exp as 1-92... 98-99 same as 1-75. O and exp rates in the 10k /hr range for years on skills that need 13.1m to get to 99. And did I mention you have 20+ skills to level?
Tar-Míriel Tar-Palantír Tar-Carlion Tar-Vanimelde Tar-Meneldur Tar-Telperien Inzilbêth Almarian Lindorie
Tar-Amandil Tar-Elendill Tar-Minyatur Isilme Silmarien
Hates You Redemption
Dread Master Gate Crasher

Lugosi
03.11.2014 , 08:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
Does 10 years of playing WoW count? In which case he might be for real.
Otherwise... not so much. (and the first years of WoW probably had a similar leveling speed as SWTOR)
Well he certainly never played vanilla Aion.
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

Khevar
03.11.2014 , 08:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiyoko- View Post
Well, you are mostly only going to get people telling you how super fast leveling here is. Then someone will say "entitled".
I'm curious, do you agree with the OP, that leveling in TOR is "brutal" and worse than other MMOs in the last 10 years?

Or are you here just to complain about the people that disagreed with him?

Kiyoko-
03.11.2014 , 08:19 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I'm curious, do you agree with the OP, that leveling in TOR is "brutal" and worse than other MMOs in the last 10 years?

Or are you here just to complain about the people that disagreed with him?
Neither. Just telling him he was in for a lot of disagreement.

My post was as much a complaint as yours was.

lironBD
03.11.2014 , 08:26 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
Obvious troll is obvious.

You get Bonus XP for almost everything such as:
  • Being in a guild
  • Boost items
  • Double XP weekends (which also stack with boost items)
  • Doing things in groups

Thankfully, even if this is a real complaint, it's one of the first I've seen complaining that leveling is too slow. There have been many posts asking for slower leveling and a way to turn off XP gain altogether.

Just wait for the instant-55-IWIN Cartel Item coming up soon but, dang, you're probably too impatient for that also. Oh well, go play something else then if this isn't your scene.

PS - Since you also rarely play at all I'd rather you not even get to 55 cuz you'll have no idea what to even do if you haven't been, you know, playing and learning as you go. Worst thing in the world for any game would be to have someone go from level 1-MAX in 3 days with no idea how to actually play.
Obvious Ninja is ninja. 10\10 you ninja'd my post exactly as I would have posted it.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

Tungstenses
03.11.2014 , 08:33 PM | #20
I always try to be a whole planet ahead when playing as a RP. I'm a 38 and heading into hoth, I have some flash points to do. Flash points are by far the best way to level IMO because 1 it's fun, you gain easy XP, it's rarely frustrating, most of the time, but I find then fun and enjoyable.
Quote: Originally Posted by Maldorans View Post
Reading tooltips in an MMO is like reading an instruction manual for a self assembly chest of drawers. It's only for noobs or possibly homosexuals. Real men don't read, they do.
http://http://www.swtor.com/r/prnpWZ Click that for REFER A FRIEND! I get free stuff and so do you!