Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enormous installation size

Armonddd
03.09.2014 , 03:36 PM | #1
Currently, my SWTOR install is just over 46 gigs. Is this... normal? It's about twice what I'd expect it to be, and a few people have told me that it seems gigantic to them, too. The repair option didn't do much of anything, and I can't think of any other solution besides systematically deleting and re-downloading potentially corrupted files.
Space Ace, Founder, and Beater
Formerly of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

renegadeimp
03.09.2014 , 03:47 PM | #2
current size is around 25gb
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Armonddd
03.09.2014 , 03:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
current size is around 25gb
Any suggestions on how I can fix this, then?
Formerly of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

renegadeimp
03.09.2014 , 04:09 PM | #4
My advice would be to see if theres any duplicate folders/files, or failing that, do a full reinstall, but ensure you use the old launcher and not the streaming one.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

OwenBrooks
03.10.2014 , 01:15 AM | #5
Mine is similar size with live and public test server installed

If you have the streaming and non-streaming installed then it is possible to be about this size as well.

Armonddd
03.10.2014 , 02:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Mine is similar size with live and public test server installed
Ah, it could very well have been PTS files. That's an unfortunate amount of data for PTS, so I guess I won't be testing things any time soon.

Adric_the_Red
03.10.2014 , 06:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
Ah, it could very well have been PTS files. That's an unfortunate amount of data for PTS, so I guess I won't be testing things any time soon.
The PTS install is essentially a second, full install of the game, so yeah, it will take a lot of space if you want to play on both live and test servers.

Armonddd
03.10.2014 , 08:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
The PTS install is essentially a second, full install of the game, so yeah, it will take a lot of space if you want to play on both live and test servers.
very frustrate, such annoy, wow