Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Corruption Loading Screen Crashing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR Corruption Loading Screen Crashing

TheDevilsBrigade
04.02.2012 , 12:14 AM | #51
Here's some information, I'm hoping that someone from support maybe able to comment on it.

This issue starting happening to the first character I had traveling between the fleet space station and a capital planet out of the blue. Transitions back and forth were fine to a point and then all of a sudden I got the corrupted loading screen and after single time after that I got the corrupted loading screen.

When toubleshooting I looked at the client_settings.ini file in the Username\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings directory

I also noticed that my characters had multiple PLayerGUIState.ini files created. Some of which hadn't been used for 2 days.

The ones which were being used (as determined by date modified) used he1064_CharacterName_PlayerGUIState.ini

The older ones used he0132_CharacterName_PlayerGUIState.ini

ChatColors, ChatChallens, ChatPanel1 lines are the same between the he1064 and he1032 files, the differences are GUI_ComPanionQuickBarExtended, ShowAlignment, etc.

After I had resigned myself to having to alt+tab every time this issue occured I decided to clean up that directory since some files hadn't been accessed in days. I backed those files up and then removed them from the directory.

After that I didnt see the issue occur again at all for one character that I had used through out the day. I logged in another character earlier in the day to work on crew skills but never moved him off the space station. Later tonite I did and he started to get corrupted loading screens both to and from. But not the character I used all day to that point.

I checked back in the directory and for some reason the game had created another he1032 file for the character who was now getting the corrupted load screens, the time stamp matching when I had logged him into the fleet earlier to work on crew skills. (The game had never created another he1032 for the first character.)

I deleted the he1032 file for the second character and just like that no more corrupted loading screens.

This is bizzare to say the least, I'm hoping someone from Bio can comment.

I'm going to add the he1032 back in now and see if the corruption starts again.

TheDevilsBrigade
04.02.2012 , 12:26 AM | #52
Confirmed. When I re-added the file the same issue started again.

I don't know if its the he1032 or the fact there are two files for the same character, I left the 1064's because they are the ones actively being used based on the time stamp and the fact they actually contain any custom settings that have been chosen.

I've been working at this for a few hours and I can always re-produce the results.

Granted it could be a one in a million thing occuring b/c I dont see why this would happen only when using SLI with aa enabled based on a guistate file, unless the engine is trying to access that file as soon as the loading process occurs and is tripping up based on the sli w/aa condition when it has to access multiple guistates.

Since this has been out there for months I'm sure dev's have already found it though. If this is the cause we at least know why? Im just curious about how it works.

Knaito
04.21.2012 , 09:06 PM | #53
Hello,

I had issues with the loading screen corruption for the last month or so...maybe since Game Update 1.1. I tried all kinds of troubleshooting to resolve the issue, first starting with my hardware (I'm running two 560Ti's in SLI mode).

What resolved the issue for me was deleting the contents of the "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\setti ngs" folder. I deleted everything except for the GUI Profiles (this is the custom Interface Editor Profiles) folder. (You'll need to enable "Show Hidden Files/Folders" from Windows Explorer > Organize [Drop Down] > Folders and search options > View [Tab] > Advanced Settings > Hidden Files and Folders > Show hidden files, folders, and drives [Radial Button}).

You'll have to setup your profiles for each character again, however, this should resolve any Loading Screen Corruption/System/Computer Freezes that result from the Loading Screen Corruption due to Graphics Card/Drivers resetting. All I know...is that so far everything has been running so smoothly. I'll also say that I've noticed my framerates have increased alot too after deleting those files and letting the game reconfigure the preferences.

I hope this helps someone!

Code:
OS Name	Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version	6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer	Microsoft Corporation
System Type	x64-based PC
Processor	Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date	American Megatrends Inc. 0301, 9/16/2011
SMBIOS Version	2.6
Windows Directory	C:\Windows
System Directory	C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device	\Device\HarddiskVolume3
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)	16.0 GB
I think I'm an idealist. No idea where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Sith Empire - Ebon Rose

Apsternator
05.01.2012 , 06:55 AM | #54
Im trying this fix on a Gigabyte GTX 590. I'll report back if I still have issues. I am seriously tempted to unsub if this does not get fixed. I'm sick to death of the constant graphics glitches, and yes it seems to have started after 1.1.

Odahviin
05.12.2012 , 01:03 AM | #55
I'm trying the fix as well.

The issue seems to have been escalated as with 1.2 now with character AA forced you are unable to turn it off fullstop.

pre 1.2 i could just turn aa off in game for a seamless play experience.

kingcain
05.12.2012 , 02:37 AM | #56
I am running Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 1280MB and the same issue since 1.2 locking my PC and need to hard reboot. I stop playing and I stop my subscription atm untill BW fix it

Szoos
03.10.2014 , 02:12 PM | #57
Just got back into the game and now I have to leave at level 10 because my fleet screens are always crashing. Very disappointed.