Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Healing a companion.


Chaffery's Avatar


Chaffery
12.24.2011 , 07:02 PM | #1
Hello,
I haven't seen any med packs yet for companions. Do they exist? Or any other way heal up companion without speccing to as a healer class?
1 of my toons is commando, so healing is not a problem. Started new smuggler and I will take gunslinger as advanced training. I just don't like scoundrel, it is melee class, basically rogue.

veevito's Avatar


veevito
12.24.2011 , 07:16 PM | #2
Not sure if it's in game, but as a suggestion it would be great if you could give medpacks to your companion and make a condition (ala Dragon Age) where if they fall below X% health they use it.
How shall I ever understand this world? There is nothing on which it is so hard as poverty, and yet, there is nothing it condemns with such severity as the pursuit of wealth.

-Scrooge

VoxTheHero's Avatar


VoxTheHero
12.24.2011 , 07:22 PM | #3
Biochem can make medpacs that heal both you and your companion pretty early on.
Squadron 367 Veteran
My DevArt
Karnel Fass: Jedi Guardian

Ashania's Avatar


Ashania
12.24.2011 , 07:23 PM | #4
There are medpacks creatable through Biochem that heal you and your companion for x amount.

http://www.torhead.com/item/86WNFx

At 300~ Biochem I have a few of these designs.

Chaffery's Avatar


Chaffery
12.24.2011 , 07:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by veevito View Post
Not sure if it's in game, but as a suggestion it would be great if you could give medpacks to your companion and make a condition (ala Dragon Age) where if they fall below X% health they use it.
That too, totally agree. Spares from minigame "watch companion health". And if your class is not a healer, then nothing much watch, companion simply dies.
Other thing is ressing companion, if my companion gets killed and I get away. Haven't found any other way ress my companion than commit suicide.

veevito's Avatar


veevito
12.24.2011 , 07:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaffery View Post
That too, totally agree. Spares from minigame "watch companion health". And if your class is not a healer, then nothing much watch, companion simply dies.
Other thing is ressing companion, if my companion gets killed and I get away. Haven't found any other way ress my companion than commit suicide.
You can right click your companion to rez him or her if you survive.
How shall I ever understand this world? There is nothing on which it is so hard as poverty, and yet, there is nothing it condemns with such severity as the pursuit of wealth.

-Scrooge

Chaffery's Avatar


Chaffery
12.24.2011 , 07:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by VoxTheHero View Post
Biochem can make medpacs that heal both you and your companion pretty early on.
Thanks guys for pointing out biochem, haven't checked it yet. Seems like possible just 1 little problem, I'm guessing med packs and stims using shared CD. So healing up both is bit pointless.

Chaffery's Avatar


Chaffery
12.24.2011 , 07:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by veevito View Post
You can right click your companion to rez him or her if you survive.
Haven't figured that out yet, thanks.

Chaffery's Avatar


Chaffery
12.24.2011 , 07:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by veevito View Post
You can right click your companion to rez him or her if you survive.
Haven't figured that out yet, thanks.

CzaplaM's Avatar


CzaplaM
01.19.2012 , 01:17 AM | #10
Here is a pretty basic guide, it mentions biochem, great for noobs
http://1stvideogame.com/?p=2225