Profitable Sage Gathering Skills?

Jedi_Knight_Jess

Best gathering skills as far as efficiency/profitability goes:

1. Scavenging (four professions need the materials from it, plus you can scavenge destroyed droids)

2. Slicing (direct credit gain, and the missions provide materials for Augments)

3-4. Archaeology (two professions need the materials from it)

3-4. Bioanalysis (only needed for Biochem, and Biochems usually are Bioanalysts too; on the other side, you can get mats from slain beasts, and Biochem is very popular crafting skill).

Best mission skills as far as efficiency/profitability goes:

1. Underworld Trading (four professions need the materials from it).

2-3. Treasure Hunting (direct credit/loot gain, provides materials for Artifice)

2-3. Diplomacy (provides materials for Biochem, which is very popular)

4. Investigation (provides materials for Armstech)

Thanks, I choose slicing/archeology/bioanalysis as my gathering skills- yay for Qyzen having 15+ in archeology and I think 5+ in bioanalysis :D he's made me a bit of cash so far

I know slicing can ear you credits, but how do I make money? I take the stuff from archeology/bio and sell it on the GTN?

For instance, I have a blue Ship 2 schematic. I could save it for my ship, or sell it?

I know slicing can ear you credits, but how do I make money? I take the stuff from archeology/bio and sell it on the GTN?

Pretty much. You gather the materials from nodes/dead enemies on planets (which means zero expenses) and then sell them on GTN -> net profit

For instance, I have a blue Ship 2 schematic. I could save it for my ship, or sell it?
Since you have no crafting skill (Archaeology, Bioanalysis and Slicing are all gathering skills) any schematics are useless to you - unless you have an alt with a crafting skill, selling is the best you can do with a schematic. Edited by Danylia