Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Classes that can do 250k damage and 200k healing: NOT OP????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Classes that can do 250k damage and 200k healing: NOT OP????

DwaneDibbley's Avatar


DwaneDibbley
12.24.2011 , 07:09 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by thespareaccount View Post
I have probably done more than a hundred warzones so far, and there are a couple classes that consistently pull those numbers off.

For classes to be balanced, there should be other classes consistently totalling numbers like that.

For example, if one class can do 250k damage and 200k healing, a full DPS class should be able to do 400-450k damage. Or a full healer do 400-450k healing, or a full guard tank do 400k guarding etc.
How about 400k dmg and 73k healing as underpowered warrior (i heard melee sux in this game)?

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2...1122415262.png

Telaan's Avatar


Telaan
12.24.2011 , 07:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by thespareaccount View Post
uh, you want pics then say you do MORE with your Assassin? Odd.
The internet is the best place to communicate "tone of voice" but.....wow, the sarcasm can't get much more obvious than that post.

Also, your tear filled posts are pointless. I have seen multiple classes pull off some intense damage and healing. Additionally, those players are often the most useless in a WZ; seeing as damage has very little to do with the objectives necessary to win and I have seen players top the healing charts just casting self heals in the down time between zergs. Ironically enough they tend to be Sages/Inquisitors because they have a skill that eats a percentage of their health in exchange for force. They then heal that to pad their stats in the hopes of getting MVP votes. It has nothing to do with effective PvP healing.

Sounds like someone got killed and came to the forums.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

CHRISGG's Avatar


CHRISGG
12.24.2011 , 07:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by thespareaccount View Post
I have probably done more than a hundred warzones so far, and there are a couple classes that consistently pull those numbers off.

For classes to be balanced, there should be other classes consistently totalling numbers like that.

For example, if one class can do 250k damage and 200k healing, a full DPS class should be able to do 400-450k damage. Or a full healer do 400-450k healing, or a full guard tank do 400k guarding etc.
There isn't any class that can consistently pull those numbers off, outside of close prolonged games while also spamming stimpacks on cooldown. You're making things up because you died and you're angry.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

thespareaccount's Avatar


thespareaccount
12.24.2011 , 07:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DwaneDibbley View Post
How about 400k dmg and 73k healing as underpowered warrior (i heard melee sux in this game)?

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2...1122415262.png
How the heck did a Jedi Knight heal for 80k? Unless popping potions counts for healing?

tamgros's Avatar


tamgros
12.24.2011 , 07:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by thespareaccount View Post
uh, you want pics then say you do MORE with your Assassin? Odd.
... He was making an example of an extreme statement with no proof, and likened it to your OP and why people don't believe it... You don't believe his statement, he doesn't believe yours. You kinda proved his point.

But anyway, Inquis/sage, Op/scoundrel, commando/merc all have some specs that can do solid DPS and heals. SWTOR don't have many abilities that do healing off damage, so they are using some GCDs to heal and others to do damage. There is nothing wrong with that.

What I think you're seeing is that SWTOR requires a lot of buttons to be really really good at it, so you're seeing a pretty intense skill divide. Hopefully they'll add rated/bracketted WZs soon, the classes are less of an issue.
@tamgros on twitter
Host on Gamebreaker.tv
twitch.tv/tamgros to see my skillz ... or something

DunsparrowSolo's Avatar


DunsparrowSolo
12.24.2011 , 07:16 PM | #16
I just did a Voidstar. I had 0 damage, 0 healing, and I was voted MVP for basically winning the WZ single-handedly.

Damage and healing numbers are as meaningless as they are misleading. Objectives matter. Topping the meters matters not.

thespareaccount's Avatar


thespareaccount
12.24.2011 , 07:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRISGG View Post
There isn't any class that can consistently pull those numbers off, outside of close prolonged games while also spamming stimpacks on cooldown. You're making things up because you died and you're angry.
Play a warzone now and then.

DwaneDibbley's Avatar


DwaneDibbley
12.24.2011 , 07:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by thespareaccount View Post
How the heck did a Jedi Knight heal for 80k? Unless popping potions counts for healing?
Actually it does, 1 click on reusable medkit at lvl50 gives me 2k5 healing award . But im not sure if healing boosts count to healing aswell.

CHRISGG's Avatar


CHRISGG
12.24.2011 , 07:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by thespareaccount View Post
Play a warzone now and then.
Great reply, mr "I died to someone in a garbage 15min Huttball game now i'm mad"
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

Rasstavad's Avatar


Rasstavad
12.24.2011 , 07:21 PM | #20
I do those numbers consistantly - but it's because I'm always breaking away to heal myself... and as a BH, Death From Above generates insane numbers when you have 4 melee classes beating on some hapless ball carrier in a nice tight ball.