Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After maxing out my crafting at Level 50, I can tell you its worthless...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
After maxing out my crafting at Level 50, I can tell you its worthless...

Sevenpifers
12.24.2011 , 07:01 PM | #1
Don't bother guys, And Bioware please listen.

Look, I poured alot of money into crafting, I put at least 250k into Armstech scavenging and investigation.

Now your telling me after I paid all that money and did all that work that I now have to raid to get three Rare drops to craft them? Really? Are you serious?

Honestly I can do the pvp zone on Ilum and get purples in five minutes.

Your telling me to make Blues I need to raid....Plus get the mats, Plus buy the Schematic plus the skill level plus the time.

I'm sorry but this needs to change guys. The non weapon/Armor crafting professions get all they're goodies like re-usable medpacs and to get 20+ cunning or Endurance we need to raid and buy all the other stuff.....

I should have listened to my friends before I maxed this out. I had fun leveling it, And I enjoyed it. But raiding for more rares then you would a regular raid weapon drop is not common curiosity to someone who spent all that money and work.

So what are all your thoughts on this?

Chomag
12.24.2011 , 07:02 PM | #2
Get cybertech.
Hard mode: Play Republic
Nightmare mode: Play Republic on a pvp server
Are you man enough for the challenge ? Aunt Satele wants YOU.
Republic. No kids allowed.

Sevenpifers
12.24.2011 , 07:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
Get cybertech.
That's what I'm planning on doing tbh xD

Lokai
12.24.2011 , 07:05 PM | #4
your not getting raid quality gear by crafting with out raiding was pretty much stated over and over again. Armortech, and syntheweave are both mostly for modable armors can get... but like guy above me said i wish i'd done cybertech... far more useful in grand scheme of things, as honestly past leveling those professions are very lack luster compared to other professions
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

KithPine
12.24.2011 , 07:05 PM | #5
I've never been a fan of putting BOP crafting materials in heroics or raids, but then I was one of those level 1 crafters in MMOs gone by.

The new model seems to be if it's comparable with raid gear, get your butt into a raid you slacker. Too many raiders went all Gollum on the loot tables and now we all suffer.

NephilimNexus
12.24.2011 , 07:06 PM | #6
The general direction of online gaming over the last decade has to been to phase out crafting altogether. They do this by making it worse & worse with every new game until all the people who did crafting simply give up & join the herd.

I played a Master Shipwright in the original SWG, yet I have no intentions of even touching the crafting system here, because I knew it would be exactly like what you described.

The days of crafting in MMORPGs are going to way of the dinosaur. It's all just about bigger boss fights for better loot drops, now. Instant gratification > everything else.

Vasten
12.24.2011 , 07:11 PM | #7
Bio seems to be the best for End game as everyone will want stims and medpac's. As far as the reusable medpacs you have to have Bio to use them and even then the blues are better because they heal and have a HOT. Bio seems the way to go

Betabane
12.24.2011 , 07:15 PM | #8
Restrictions everywhere, raiding to get crafting materials is so 2005..

Sevenpifers
12.24.2011 , 07:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vasten View Post
Bio seems to be the best for End game as everyone will want stims and medpac's. As far as the reusable medpacs you have to have Bio to use them and even then the blues are better because they heal and have a HOT. Bio seems the way to go
I'll be taking up cybertech now, Atleast you guys in Biochem get stuff through your leveling. We get nothing and when we do we have to raid for it -_-

Enako
12.24.2011 , 07:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sevenpifers View Post
Now your telling me after I paid all that money and did all that work that I now have to raid to get three Rare drops to craft them? Really? Are you serious?
most unfortunately, this game follows wow. and takes all its worse parts too.

like this - crafting is totally useless if you dont raid. that is basically forcing people who enjoy crafting/trading to raiding - making one group of gamers (which are totally not in the minority compared to raider population) the b@tches of raiders.

but, raiders are not obliged to craft - once they were, but thanks to dailies and other means to make up for raid needs, they didnt have to be obliged to engage in a gameplay they dont like for some time now.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lokai View Post
your not getting raid quality gear by crafting with out raiding was pretty much stated over and over again.
and that's what i dont understand in wow-clone games. and wow too, for over 3-5 years.

why the hell should i be obliged to NOT get raid quality gear by crafting ? see, i am one of the players who is not playing/PAYING this game, or any other game for what they call raiding.

i dont give two flying fracks about how much time and effort raiders spend in raids. its their choice. doing this or doing that, cannot give ANY particular playstyle privilege or priority over the other - everyone is paying these games the SAME amount. period.

if, people who are preferring to do crafting/trading is hampered just because people who want to do raiding and get stuff other people dont have and feel privileged with it, that is a problem.

in short, crafting is gimp and totally useless in wow-clone games. unfortunately, this too. the only difference is, in swtor crafting may have a measure of benefit while leveling, to keep up mods and whatnot. however, if it is anything like wow in end game (and it seems so from what you people say) then crafting is totally worthless, and is an underdog to raiding. which is, NOT nice.

i would like to remind you that there were 3 things that kept a failed game like swg up for that long (many people played into 3rd year) -> these were flexible class/skill system, player cities, and trading/economy.

soe screwed up the first with the combat upgrades and whatnot, but the other two, player cities and trading/economy stayed, and kept people busy for a looong, loong time.

even though i was not a crafter, i saw a lot of people having a lot of fun with it. ( i had had revealed that crafting is not my playstyle either with this).

gimping crafting is like gimping what boosted swg to 30% despite its failure.