Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master Khoris = most annoying boss ever

Solloby
03.08.2014 , 01:57 AM | #1
This guy is a seriously annoying boss.

You can barely get anything off before you have to move out of an aoe, or he's jumping to you and stunning you and it's just a terrible, thoroughly unenjoyable fight. He's not a difficult boss to defeat, just an unimaginably annoying boss, and is currently #1 on my list of bosses I hate.

Does anyone have any other flashpoint bosses they hate? Is Master Khoris the most annoying boss ever, or can you think of worse ones to fight? Please share.
The Shadowlands

JouerTue
03.08.2014 , 05:40 AM | #2
the vigilant..just so boring

Ultimas
03.08.2014 , 09:22 AM | #3
Man I disagree. I play Melee Tanks and DPS (55 Sentinel and Guardian) and I have an awesome time fighting Lord Modo (Republic version). Are you a ranged DPS/Tank?
Upgrade your inventory and get a free character transfer by becoming referred! More Info here.

No more Junkyard Jedi! Support this easy upgrade for SWTOR!!

venomlash
03.08.2014 , 10:47 AM | #4
Be a Trooper/Bounty Hunter, acquire Hold the Line/Hydraulic Overrides, problem solved. Just gotta be ready to move and not stand in the ick when you see him cast the thing that drops the circles.

midianlord
03.08.2014 , 05:28 PM | #5
That fight is particularly annoying on a Snipinger, but it's not difficult, just tedious.
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
r/DPS 4 life
Spoiler

Solloby
03.08.2014 , 06:02 PM | #6
On my Sorc he's not as bad because I have plenty of instant casts to throw around while moving, but I made this thread after playing my Sniper.

He is very not fun on a Sniper, thank goodness for the instant cast snipe when you go into cover though. If it wasn't for that I don't think I would've gotten anything off! I don't think I managed to get any ambushes off because I never had 2 stacks of snipe and time to use ambush before they dropped off due to the heavy movement in the fight. I did get series of shots off twice, but the second time I ate the aoe lift thing as a result.

Overall it was just tedious and infuriating, especially as he always seemed to pick me to jump to and stun in the last phase.

I remember doing it once on my lowbie marauder, and that was not too bad because his continual knockbacks meant I could jump to him a lot. It did mean a lot of time running out of the aoe and not having much to throw at him from afar though; my mara's only in the teens so I have force scream and that's about it for ranged abilities. But at higher levels I imagine it's not as bad.
The Shadowlands

AngusFTW
03.09.2014 , 06:55 AM | #7
I don't like the droid bosses in these tactical fps cause its the only ones i can't seem to get done solo..
Also the droid in the korriban one as well... not soloable i've found.. bioware and there op companion killing droids... ;_;
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

DawnAskham
03.09.2014 , 09:03 AM | #8
None of the KDY bosses are hard, all can be annoying to some extent, usually dependent upon the class you are playing and the composition of your group.

To me, the bosses just need a longer CD on their special abilities or reduced health. As it is, the fights are long simply because the bosses have high health coupled with spammable mechanics that keep up time low.

Couple that with getting a group without any heals and you spend a few seconds hitting the boss, and the rest of the time running from the circles and beams, running to the grenade cleaner, killing adds, and running to a click to heal box.

Also, for the 55 version, what is with getting Planetary comms on the few elites along with no gear / crafting mat drops while Czerka tactical drops Basic comms, 66 orange gear (decent for unloved companions or vendor fodder), and a chance at EEEs?

I get the version used for pre-55 shouldn't drop Basic comms and 66 gear and EESs, but at 55 when shared with the Czerka FPs in a random queue, I feel KDY drops should be similar to Czerka with the last boss having a chance at an EEE.

wainot-keel
03.10.2014 , 05:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Solloby View Post
Does anyone have any other flashpoint bosses they hate? Is Master Khoris the most annoying boss ever, or can you think of worse ones to fight? Please share.
The enhanced Vrrbllrltghttrbbv (even its name is annoying) on Czerka core flashpoint.

I have a jugg tank so the knoback + stun, knoback + stun, knoback + stun, knoback + stun, knoback + stun every 10 seconds is extremely aggravating.... (it's supposed to be PvE, not PvP )

Danylia
03.10.2014 , 05:10 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
The enhanced Vrrbllrltghttrbbv (even its name is annoying) on Czerka core flashpoint.

I have a jugg tank so the knoback + stun, knoback + stun, knoback + stun, knoback + stun, knoback + stun every 10 seconds is extremely aggravating.... (it's supposed to be PvE, not PvP )
Exactly. The Enhanced Vrblther easily holds the crown for most annoying boss, and I don't even play a tank.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.