Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Calculation question - 1% endurance bonus from max companion affection (bug?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Calculation question - 1% endurance bonus from max companion affection (bug?)

Levram
02.08.2014 , 02:43 AM | #1
Update (07-Mar-14): Thanks to KBN for pointing me in the right direction. I decided this post needed an update with the correct endurance calculation formulas in case people reference it in the future.

Main Characters

Total Endurance Base Stat = Base Endurance Stat + Gear + Abilities + Datacrons + Stim

Total Endurance Final Stat = Total Endurance Base Stat x ( 1 + [ Skill Tree Buff Percent + Hunter’s Boon Buff Percent ] )

Final Hit Points = Base Hit Points + ( Total Endurance Final Stat x 10 ) + [ ( 400 + Total Endurance Final Stat ) x 1% x 10 ]

Base Endurance Stat = 360
Base Hit Points = 4,000
Hunter’s Boon Buff Percent = 5%

The “400” in the Final Hit Points calculation is simply a conversion of the Base Hits Points of 4,000 into an equivalent endurance stat amount (4,000 / 10 = 400).

As can be seen above, the 1% max companion affection amount only affects the Final Hit Points and not the endurance stat of a character.

It is worth noting that the “Abilities” endurance stat amount is a fairly unusual item. Of my assassin, operative and powertech, it only applies to my assassin. In the Abilities list for my Level 55 assassin, “Assassin’s Training” is a Rank 6 item which “increases your total endurance amount by 5 per rank.”

Companions

Total Endurance Base Stat = Base Endurance Stat + Gear

Total Endurance Final Stat = Total Endurance Base Stat x ( 1 + Hunter’s Boon Buff Percent )

Final Hit Points = Base Hit Points + ( Total Endurance Final Stat x 10 ) + Presence Hit Points

Base Endurance Stat = 360
Base Hit Points = 4,000
Hunter’s Boon Buff Percent = 5%

The amount of Presence Hit Points is specified when you hover your mouse over the Presence stat on your character’s stat sheet.

Original Post:

I have run into an endurance calculation problem involving the 1% bonus endurance you are suppose to receive from one of your companions as a legacy benefit. I'm trying to determine if I should write a bug report about it.

Here is the text of the companion bonus for Kaliyo on my Imperial Agent (Global Unlocks -> Imperial Classes), "Grants a bonus to your Max Health...You may only receive this bonus for one Ranged Tank companion. This unlock applies to all characters in your legacy. Available to all characters when unlocked."

I have three characters 1) Assassin DPS, 2) Operative Healer, 3) Powertech Tank. I unlocked the companion endurance bonus on my Assassin first (Xalek), then on my Operative (Kaliyo), and not yet on my Powertech.

I perform the follow endurance calculation:

Gear Endurance + Base Endurance + Datacron Endurance + Stim Endurance = Total Endurance

Total Endurace x ( 1 + [ Bounty Hunter Buff Percent + Skill Tree Buff Percent + Companion Buff Percent ] ) = Final Endurance

My actual numbers for my Powertech Tank are:

3005 + 360 + 50 + 154 = 3,569 (Total Endurance)

3,569 x ( 1 + [ 5% + 3% + 1%] ) = 3,890 (Final Endurance)

However, my character sheet shows a Final Endurance amount of 3,855. The missing endurance amount of 35 is the 1% Companion Buff (i.e. 3,569 x 1% = 35.7).

The part that makes me think this is a bug, and not a calculation error, is that for my Assassin, I can exactly calculate my Final Endurance only if I include the 1% Companion Buff. However, for my Operative, the 1% Companion Buff is also missing from the Final Endurance amount.

Does anyone have some insight into this issue? Does the above formula work to calculate the Final Endurance amount for your characters?

Thank you.
Acuzel (Assassin DPS/Tank) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands

mastirkal
02.08.2014 , 12:30 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Levram View Post
I have run into an endurance calculation problem involving the 1% bonus endurance you are suppose to receive from one of your companions as a legacy benefit. I'm trying to determine if I should write a bug report about it.

Here is the text of the companion bonus for Kaliyo on my Imperial Agent (Global Unlocks -> Imperial Classes), "Grants a bonus to your Max Health...You may only receive this bonus for one Ranged Tank companion. This unlock applies to all characters in your legacy. Available to all characters when unlocked."

I have three characters 1) Assassin DPS, 2) Operative Healer, 3) Powertech Tank. I unlocked the companion endurance bonus on my Assassin first (Xalek), then on my Operative (Kaliyo), and not yet on my Powertech.

I perform the follow endurance calculation:

Gear Endurance + Base Endurance + Datacron Endurance + Stim Endurance = Total Endurance

Total Endurace x ( 1 + [ Bounty Hunter Buff Percent + Skill Tree Buff Percent + Companion Buff Percent ] ) = Final Endurance

My actual numbers for my Powertech Tank are:

3005 + 360 + 50 + 154 = 3,569 (Total Endurance)

3,569 x ( 1 + [ 5% + 3% + 1%] ) = 3,890 (Final Endurance)

However, my character sheet shows a Final Endurance amount of 3,855. The missing endurance amount of 35 is the 1% Companion Buff (i.e. 3,569 x 1% = 35.7).

The part that makes me think this is a bug, and not a calculation error, is that for my Assassin, I can exactly calculate my Final Endurance only if I include the 1% Companion Buff. However, for my Operative, the 1% Companion Buff is also missing from the Final Endurance amount.

Does anyone have some insight into this issue? Does the above formula work to calculate the Final Endurance amount for your characters?

Thank you.
1% doesn't include your base 360 endurance. Same deal with your 5% endurance buff.
<Hatred>
Dragonslayer Remari the Sin Tank
*Has a spooky mask*

KeyboardNinja
02.08.2014 , 12:33 PM | #3
The 5% endurance buff does include your base endurance.

What is happening here is the 1% is applied multiplicatively, unlike the other buffs. It is actually a 1% increase to HP, not a 1% increase to endurance.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

Levram
03.07.2014 , 01:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
The 5% endurance buff does include your base endurance.

What is happening here is the 1% is applied multiplicatively, unlike the other buffs. It is actually a 1% increase to HP, not a 1% increase to endurance.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. My original post has been updated with the correct formulas.
Acuzel (Assassin DPS/Tank) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands