Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

onotang
03.04.2014 , 11:57 PM | #71
so the show is going to air on 7th march am i correct?
I dont have the courage to play tor anymore until there is a satisfying explanation to this,

Sangiban
03.05.2014 , 12:08 AM | #72
Frankly I wouldn't be concerned about the whole "Morriband" thing. Rewatching the whole Citadel trilogy, I was certain it was on Peragus. Given how the planet looks like this it's certainly right. Frankly, it looks like a spot on recreation of Peragus. But for some reason this is what they call the planet in the intro they have. My point is, they might use a new name, but if it looks the same it probably is. So Morriband is almost certainly another name for Korriban.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cedric Hawke View Post
I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable lie that explains it.

KratorOfCondor
03.06.2014 , 04:27 PM | #73
I wonder if it is something like the Old Republic knowing it as Korriban and then how many years later just before ROTS they lost the name of the planet and had only a partial spelling of it and came up with Morriband? It is possible that they lost track of the planet during a time of upheaval and it was just discovered by Yoda through Quigon?

DarthDymond
03.07.2014 , 01:32 AM | #74
From a parallel thread in the "Star Wars" forum:
Quote: Originally Posted by Liamo View Post
Looks like Moraband and Korriban ARE the same and it's been acknowledged, officially.

http://aceofgeeks.blogspot.com/2014/...s-preview.html

Spoliers, however.

Could the new Flashpoint address this?
Relevant part of the article:
Quote:
During a meeting with George Lucas, Lucas stated that he felt “Korriban” sounded too much like “Coruscant,” and wanted the name changed. This was discussed a bit in the Q&A, when Leland Chee suggested that often planets can have multiple names, and that may be a way to rectify this in the forthcoming canon. In general, it seemed to be a change that was completely out of the hands of Dave Filoni and was entirely a George Lucas decision.
....George freaking Lucas does it again.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Girdeux
03.07.2014 , 01:48 AM | #75
hahaha this is awesome.

midianlord
03.07.2014 , 03:18 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
[...]
That un-thinking, washed-up old hack is just beyond freakin' help
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

Darth_Wicked
03.07.2014 , 03:25 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Dude's lost his mind for sure.
Click here for FREE unlocks ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Leftenant Davrill elaborates on his strategy
The battle for Balmorra can only be won with blood, sweat and tears: our sweat, their blood and tears.

Sanguiluna
03.07.2014 , 07:22 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Haderach View Post
Korriban has been established in the lore for many years and a great amount of books, comics, card games, video games and other products refer to it as the Sith homeworld. In my opinion such a massive retcon would need a very serious reason to justify it otherwise it is an unnecessary compromising of heavily established canon.
"Massive" retcon? There have been bigger retcons made in the past. Once upon a time, Boba Fett was an alter ego that renegade stormtrooper named Jaster Mareel made for himself after he chose to become a bounty hunter. "Moraband" is a simple name change. All in all, this'll be one of the easier retcons. As said ad nauseum before, it's not all that uncommon for planets to have more than one name.
It is always midnight in the writer's soul.

Beniboybling
03.07.2014 , 07:41 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguiluna View Post
"Massive" retcon? There have been bigger retcons made in the past. Once upon a time, Boba Fett was an alter ego that renegade stormtrooper named Jaster Mareel made for himself after he chose to become a bounty hunter. "Moraband" is a simple name change. All in all, this'll be one of the easier retcons. As said ad nauseum before, it's not all that uncommon for planets to have more than one name.
That post is dated 03.04.2014. Before it was revealed to be a simple name change. So I think you'll find the point he was making is that getting rid of Korriban altogether would be a massive retcon and a bad move.

Rudolf_Saebjorn
03.10.2014 , 05:51 PM | #80
No worries everyone. Morriband is just another name for Korriban. It's just like Dac and Mon Calamari.