Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There is a Maker. Korriban is Saved!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
There is a Maker. Korriban is Saved!

JattaGin
03.05.2014 , 04:12 PM | #101
Patience, my young padawans. In exactly 3 days (in Germany; probably 2 in the US?) we will know the answer.

So far, season 6 has been super. They are definitely closing in and it's quite exciting. Yoda on Dagobah was awesome. I expect epicness in the final two episodes. Whether Moraband or Korriban. After the first 11 episodes, this feels non-relevant tbh. It's just good, that's all that matters to me at the end.

Liamo
03.06.2014 , 09:59 PM | #102
Looks like Moraband and Korriban ARE the same and it's been acknowledged, officially.

http://aceofgeeks.blogspot.com/2014/...s-preview.html

Spoliers, however.

Could the new Flashpoint address this?

StarSquirrel
03.06.2014 , 10:03 PM | #103
Well it might make sense that in the time of the Republic post-Russan that Moraband become the common name for the planet. Perhaps a result of lost knowledge during the New Sith Wars. It could work, heck Korriban already has another name (Pesegam) from an ancient time anyway.
"Being abandoned to my enemies, abandoned by one for whom I once had considerable affection and respect, was like being murdered…and surviving."
-Darth Caedus

Slowpokeking
03.06.2014 , 10:43 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Well it might make sense that in the time of the Republic post-Russan that Moraband become the common name for the planet. Perhaps a result of lost knowledge during the New Sith Wars. It could work, heck Korriban already has another name (Pesegam) from an ancient time anyway.
Korriban, in Dark Empire Sidious still call it Korriban.

StarSquirrel
03.06.2014 , 10:45 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Korriban, in Dark Empire Sidious still call it Korriban.
He also had all the teachings of ancient sith passed down from before the New Sith Wars, teachings even the jedi didn't have (read the Book of Sith for more clarification). So it stands to reason he'd call it by its sith/original name while the rest of the Republic would know it by the new name.
"Being abandoned to my enemies, abandoned by one for whom I once had considerable affection and respect, was like being murdered…and surviving."
-Darth Caedus

Slowpokeking
03.06.2014 , 10:47 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
He also had all the teachings of ancient sith passed down from before the New Sith Wars, teachings even the jedi didn't have (read the Book of Sith for more clarification). So it stands to reason he'd call it by its sith/original name while the rest of the Republic would know it by the new name.
The rebels also call it Korriban.

StarSquirrel
03.06.2014 , 10:50 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
The rebels also call it Korriban.
Again, after the fall of the republic Sidious may have brought back the old name of the Sith homeworld. Besides, no matter what something will get retconned or adjusted, too many conflicts with a name change this late.
-Darth Caedus

kirorx
03.06.2014 , 11:22 PM | #108
Sounds like lucas wanted Korribans named changed to Morriban and that is now the name of the planet.

The guy just cant get his hand out of the universe, but it has changed now and that is that .
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

StarSquirrel
03.06.2014 , 11:35 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
Sounds like lucas wanted Korribans named changed to Morriban and that is now the name of the planet.

The guy just cant get his hand out of the universe, but it has changed now and that is that .
Leeland Chee, the guy who actually is in charge of implementing said changes, did say that it'll probably end up as just another name for the same planet.
-Darth Caedus

Ausstig
03.07.2014 , 12:00 AM | #110
Old New York, was once New Amsterdam

Istanbul was Constantinople which was Byzantium.

Bejing was Peking, Japan was Nippon.

Burma, Myanmar

Names change for a whole bunch of reasons, Yoda may call it differnet things due to the cultural difference between the time he was brought up in VS when other where brought up.
Have Force lightning will travel