Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same sex romance.


ozirizo's Avatar


ozirizo
12.23.2011 , 04:00 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Innocentone View Post
So do we have to wait for the expansion for this then? If you read it carefully. It sounds like we gotta wait for the expansion in order to get this and other features. Not telling how long that will be.
As I mentioned before: probably. That or a big free update that includes other new features.
Clio Martell / Jedi Sage / Eros Martell / Commando / Ahto City

Doel's Avatar


Doel
12.24.2011 , 05:12 PM | #12
Looking forward to it, hoping for "soon (TM)"

krisslanza's Avatar


krisslanza
12.24.2011 , 05:22 PM | #13
Really hoping its within the month or so. It's really annoying having to play classes I dislike because BioWare won't say if the same-gender will be on existing companions, or new ones.

And if it's on existing ones, will I get a companion conversation reset or not? They just always give the copy/paste response which doesn't help... I wanna know if I can play my Jedi Guardian and still maybe get a romance with Kira, or if it'll be on a new companion. If it's on a new one, then I can play without worry. But as I don't know, I'm forced to play something else as I really don't wanna re-roll over a feature that should've been included already really...

Mechavomit's Avatar


Mechavomit
12.24.2011 , 06:40 PM | #14
I hope they get new ones.

With all due respect, guys, I don't want existing straight companions to suddenly turn bi at once and hit on my character. That would be wierd.

krisslanza's Avatar


krisslanza
12.24.2011 , 06:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechavomit View Post
I hope they get new ones.

With all due respect, guys, I don't want existing straight companions to suddenly turn bi at once and hit on my character. That would be wierd.
As far as I can tell, you have to start any romance.

Also, technically speaking, they wouldn't "turn bi". Remember, your companion (story wise) only exists for "you". Like in DA2, it's not so much they "turn bi" as their orientation is changed to fit what you need.

Rinna's Avatar


Rinna
12.24.2011 , 06:52 PM | #16
This better be a toggle you have to turn on... I don't want my female companions constantly hitting on me. Even Kaliyo makes me uncomfortable right now. With as bad as the haircuts are in this game, you'd think you'd just be able to make a male look female and a female look male and call it a day lol.
"Help me Bioware... you're my only hope!!

krisslanza's Avatar


krisslanza
12.24.2011 , 06:54 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rinna View Post
This better be a toggle you have to turn on... I don't want my female companions constantly hitting on me. Even Kaliyo makes me uncomfortable right now. With as bad as the haircuts are in this game, you'd think you'd just be able to make a male look female and a female look male and call it a day lol.
Again I'm pretty sure none of the companions do anything like that. You probably have to start it all.

Unless they make some more... flamboyant companions later on.

Dalarin's Avatar


Dalarin
12.24.2011 , 07:03 PM | #18
This is a game. Not a place for political statements.

The game was designed for mass audiences.

To imply that there should be same sex relationships or it's somehow discriminatory, would then lead to problems like "Why aren't there any Muslim holy sites I can make my character Pray to", "Why are there no Bibles", "Why can't I marry my droid", "Why can't I do more explicit things with my companions", etc.

If there ever is same sex relationships implemented my accounts will be cancelled.

Not because I have a problem with same sex marriage, relationships, etc. but because My children play this game and I do not need a form of entertainment to become that explicit about sexual relationships they cannot comprehend at their age.

I sincerely hope that everyone can find what they like in the game but I seriously doubt that anyone is playing this game specifically so they can have a relationship between characters be they LBGT or not.

krisslanza's Avatar


krisslanza
12.24.2011 , 07:16 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalarin View Post
This is a game. Not a place for political statements.

The game was designed for mass audiences.

To imply that there should be same sex relationships or it's somehow discriminatory, would then lead to problems like "Why aren't there any Muslim holy sites I can make my character Pray to", "Why are there no Bibles", "Why can't I marry my droid", "Why can't I do more explicit things with my companions", etc.

If there ever is same sex relationships implemented my accounts will be cancelled.

Not because I have a problem with same sex marriage, relationships, etc. but because My children play this game and I do not need a form of entertainment to become that explicit about sexual relationships they cannot comprehend at their age.

I sincerely hope that everyone can find what they like in the game but I seriously doubt that anyone is playing this game specifically so they can have a relationship between characters be they LBGT or not.
Then you better cancel as they confirmed it'll be added. They wanted to launch with it, but they had some issues with Lucas Arts and they didn't get the go ahead until it was too late to include it at launch without pushing back the release date.

Also I'm pretty sure i remember seeing early screenshots of allowing male characters to flirt with female droids.

kaosdrachen's Avatar


kaosdrachen
12.24.2011 , 07:19 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalarin View Post
Not because I have a problem with same sex marriage, relationships, etc. but...
Just stop there. Nothing worth listening to EVER follows this turn of phrase and if you catch yourself using it, it's time to shut up.