Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

dev question - craftable 78 df gear in 2.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
dev question - craftable 78 df gear in 2.7

fire-breath's Avatar


fire-breath
02.28.2014 , 12:50 AM | #1
Hey eric, tait or courtney,

I wonder if we are going to be able to reverse engineer 78 dread forged gear in 2.7 just like we can with underworld.
Back when 72 underworld was the highest tier it was the official statement we always would be able to craft the 2nd highest tier.

The exception at this rule was 75 kelldragon for rwasons i forgot.

Could any of you give an update about it if this rule is still in place? Have been grinding exotic elements and massmanipulators to craft my missing enhancements :-)
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger Sărăh - Shadow Tank

PugsloveHP - the 50k HP commando DPS/healer

akabane_k's Avatar


akabane_k
02.28.2014 , 01:03 AM | #2
almost certain this will be the case. get isotopes while you are at it, they will be needed.

Fazaani's Avatar


Fazaani
02.28.2014 , 01:20 AM | #3
Don't you think there will also be new highreg. crafting mats?
The Firkraag legacy
Firkraag, also known as Lord Jierdan Firkraag, was a red dragon living in the Windspear Hills in Amn and masquerading as a human noble.
Around since 2008

morfius's Avatar


morfius
02.28.2014 , 04:17 AM | #4
Don't count on it, I suppose new NiM gear will be on same place as 75s - pure token based.
This would mean no commendations tier changes, so no crafting tier changes too.

Otherwise they simply need to make all BM RE able, all BM/Arcanian - 55 starter gear with no OPs mats requirement (or mostly EEE as they drop in HM FPs too), all Verpine and UW RE able and costing 1 MMG + 4 EEE & all 78s RE able and cost 1 MMG + 5 Isotope 5 + 5 EEE + base mats.
Too much work just for 1 NiM tier that 95% of population would have not obtained till next level rise.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

psandak's Avatar


psandak
02.28.2014 , 08:43 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Don't count on it, I suppose new NiM gear will be on same place as 75s - pure token based.
This would mean no commendations tier changes, so no crafting tier changes too.

Otherwise they simply need to make all BM RE able, all BM/Arcanian - 55 starter gear with no OPs mats requirement (or mostly EEE as they drop in HM FPs too), all Verpine and UW RE able and costing 1 MMG + 4 EEE & all 78s RE able and cost 1 MMG + 5 Isotope 5 + 5 EEE + base mats.
Too much work just for 1 NiM tier that 95% of population would have not obtained till next level rise.
I hope you're wrong because I have been saving 78 item mods for some time now in the hope that 78s do become craftable.

There are alternatives to shifting all existing schematics down:
  • increase the quantities of all three exotic materials: i.e. Instead of the current 1 MMG, 5 I-5s, and 5 EEEs for 72s, they could make 78 crafted need 2 MMGs, 10 I-5s, and 10 EEEs (or some other variation)
  • introduce a new exotic material to replace MMG or be in addition to the current "formula".

fire-breath's Avatar


fire-breath
03.03.2014 , 12:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by akabane_k View Post
almost certain this will be the case. get isotopes while you are at it, they will be needed.
Indeed. Havent forgot those. Luckely they are not that hard to come by
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger Sărăh - Shadow Tank

PugsloveHP - the 50k HP commando DPS/healer

akabane_k's Avatar


akabane_k
03.04.2014 , 02:55 PM | #7
well, its confirmed, mats are 2 mmg 8 isotope, 8 eee.

Kain_Turinbar's Avatar


Kain_Turinbar
03.04.2014 , 04:33 PM | #8
If 72s were 900k-1.2m then will these sell for roughly double?

psandak's Avatar


psandak
03.04.2014 , 05:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by akabane_k View Post
well, its confirmed, mats are 2 mmg 8 isotope, 8 eee.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
If 72s were 900k-1.2m then will these sell for roughly double?
I would say triple to start due to lack of supply.
As more players get the schematics, figure the prices will eventually drop to the cost of the materials: 1.4m.

Kain_Turinbar's Avatar


Kain_Turinbar
03.04.2014 , 06:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I would say triple to start due to lack of supply.
As more players get the schematics, figure the prices will eventually drop to the cost of the materials: 1.4m.
Ouch, steep. I only have about 25mil credits and am still in 2/3 72s (and some of my 78s are not "optimized") so I'm looking to get in full 78s ASAP and may not have enough creds to do so. My raid group just doesn't raid very often and I have bad luck with rolls (still only have 1/6 set pieces I need, this won't help that) and I want to be ready for the 81 hunt as soon as its released.