Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changes to Bolster in 2.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Changes to Bolster in 2.7
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaitWatson
03.04.2014 , 11:26 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Everyone!

While these changes are not currently on the PTS (they will be patched in at a later date), there are some changes coming to the Bolster system in Game Update 2.7 that I wanted to let you know about:
  • Corrected an issue that would cause combinations of lower level mods (such as the popular 46 blue mods) and higher level color crystals (including those from the Cartel Market) to result in a higher Bolster bonus than intended.
  • Corrected an issue that prevented weapon damage ranges from being properly Bolstered. This will result in an increase of damage coming from abilities that deal weapon damage.
  • Bolster has been updated to account for the new tiers of gear, and now provides additional expertise to elder game PvE gear. Bolster still caps at a level slightly below Obroan gear.
  • Characters who do not wield weapons with Expertise mods and crystals will now be capped at 1936 expertise (instead of the full 2018).

-tw
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Treblt
03.04.2014 , 11:28 AM | #2
Thank you, that last bit.... Beautiful.
Mtofpo- Fajfyxc- Comedown

Smuglebunny
03.04.2014 , 11:32 AM | #3
Why is there a new tier of PVP gear when you were asked by your customers not to make one?

This is the last day of my sub and I will never be renewing due to this and various other things.

But when there is a giant thread on your front page that you INTENTIONALLY ignore because you KNOW FOR AN ABSOLUTE FACT that you are doing the opposite of what your customers what, I can no longer support you.

SeanFM
03.04.2014 , 11:32 AM | #4
I like that last bullet point. Let's hope the new gear doesn't bring up any new bolster bugs.
Vismanus on YouTube
Seanir - Sentinel | Venaola - Scoundrel | Kayli - Sage | Feanir - Vanguard | Geanir - Guardian | Leyde - Shadow | Zyarra - Commando
Teanir - Sniper | Veanir - Assassin

Fellow-Canadian
03.04.2014 , 11:33 AM | #5
Well sounds like PVP gear is now relevant. I look forward to seeing results.
The Vale Legacy - The Harbinger
Exterminatos <(VG/PT)> Pycophants - Kanadaii <(SM/OP)> StabbyMcRoll
Broadsideofbarn <(CM/MC)> Beatanorexia
Tamahai <(SA/SO)> Psycophant

Darththirdeye
03.04.2014 , 11:35 AM | #6
Finally! And while you at it, take bolster out of ranked...

gblXsw
03.04.2014 , 11:37 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
Why is there a new tier of PVP gear when you were asked by your customers not to make one?

This is the last day of my sub and I will never be renewing due to this and various other things.

But when there is a giant thread on your front page that you INTENTIONALLY ignore because you KNOW FOR AN ABSOLUTE FACT that you are doing the opposite of what your customers what, I can no longer support you.
They know for an absolute fact that a few people in the community don't want a new tier, but you are delusional if you think those represent what "the customers" want.

sithBracer
03.04.2014 , 11:37 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hi Everyone!
  • Characters who do not wield weapons with Expertise mods and crystals will now be capped at 1936 expertise (instead of the full 2018).

-tw
Is that in just one weapon or both? If only one weapon does have expertise will the cap be higher, or is it auto set to 1936?
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Master-Nala
03.04.2014 , 11:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
[*]Characters who do not wield weapons with Expertise mods and crystals will now be capped at 1936 expertise (instead of the full 2018).[/LIST]
-tw
I use a purple power crystal but all other mods are PvP and my offhand uses an Expertise crystal. I've accepted the -41 as a cost of vanity, but would I be stuck at 1936 too?

The 1936 seems to just account for the differences in crystals (2018-1936=82 i.e. what two crystals would give). Is that what's going on? That would mean Bolster wouldn't have any effect on me at all, but I'm not sure from the note.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

psandak
03.04.2014 , 11:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by gblXsw View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post

They know for an absolute fact that a few people in the community don't want a new tier, but you are delusional if you think those represent what "the customers" want.
Not to mention the fact that the content was long in development before it was announced.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules