Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2.7 New PvP gear set

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2.7 New PvP gear set

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
03.04.2014 , 01:36 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Calitri View Post
Sssshhhh don't say that, they might figure out making 1 new warzone a year is lacking.
Meh, the sooner they realize that, the better.

GSF is checking the 'PvP Content' box for the devs lately tho.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ThorgrimLutgen's Avatar


ThorgrimLutgen
03.04.2014 , 02:17 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
A new set is coming in 2.7, the devs have referenced this fact a couple of times.

I wish they would not release a new set tho, gear grinds are not content. We should only see new sets of gear when the level cap is raised.
Then vote with your wallet. I will not be staying past April with new games on the horizon, I am not redoing all my toons again, if I only had 1, sure, maybe, but nah, enough is enough.

NRN_Hawk's Avatar


NRN_Hawk
03.04.2014 , 04:17 AM | #23
Time to pull out my old comment again... BW is trying hard to make me unsub. They're trying harder with each patch.
Personally, I don't want to grind another 2 sets of armor to get a good set on my Tank, plus I hardly have my alts geared and every time they get to it a new set comes. No thanks. I'll just play some new huttball and then it might be it.
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - you will be hawked \m/


Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com - HEL ~

Darias's Avatar


Darias
03.04.2014 , 07:47 AM | #24
Really tired of pvp gear grid, clothing up my main and my alts. That's enough. After 2.7 ...bye bye

Ottoattack's Avatar


Ottoattack
03.04.2014 , 09:07 AM | #25
While I am not completely against new gear, we need enough time notice before a new tier is introduced. We are a month away from 2.7 and we have no clue if there is a new PvP gear tier or not (more likely than not, but no confirmation). Also, new tier of gear is NOT content. Not to mention it will be a new bolster system... We just managed to understand the current one..

mandoforlife's Avatar


mandoforlife
03.04.2014 , 09:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
A new set is coming in 2.7, the devs have referenced this fact a couple of times.

I wish they would not release a new set tho, gear grinds are not content. We should only see new sets of gear when the level cap is raised.
For the love of God, this. I think the announcement of the season 1 rewards shows that gear isn't the only content that will get people in to matches.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
03.04.2014 , 09:54 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
While I am not completely against new gear, we need enough time notice before a new tier is introduced. We are a month away from 2.7 and we have no clue if there is a new PvP gear tier or not (more likely than not, but no confirmation). Also, new tier of gear is NOT content. Not to mention it will be a new bolster system... We just managed to understand the current one..
I don't think much will change with the bolster system. The issue with the design is they will always have to raise the floor on PvE gear to keep their gap between bolstered PvE gear and BiS PvP gear, relatively the same. What I suspect will happen is the item rating requirement for full bolster will now be in the 470 range, meaning you can wear 66/66/66 purples, and not get an EXP nerf. This also means combos like 69/69/61, or 72/69/58 will become more viable than Obroan. Same thing happened to Partisan and Conq gear.


Even if they release new raid gear, bolster will nerf them hard, and lord knows we don't need new gear to counter new raid gear in OW... There is absolutely no point in adding anymore PvP gear until they decide if PvP will be gear based or not.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

NRN_Hawk's Avatar


NRN_Hawk
03.04.2014 , 11:04 AM | #28
People run around using 46 blue mods in rankeds and BW even says it's ok... can't wait for more of this >.<

I'm just close to getting my alts to full conq, the more you have the longer gearing takes.
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - you will be hawked \m/


Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com - HEL ~

Damsyl's Avatar


Damsyl
03.04.2014 , 11:31 AM | #29
Always assume that there is going to be a new set of gear with a big PvP patch. Just save your ranked coms and warzone coms. A month is long enough to cap out and to be prepared. I just came back to the game recently and I'm only a few pieces away from being completely geared our on Ob gear.
Damsyl N'distress
55 Operative (Medicine) | The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Bioware, what can we expect as far as PvP for the future of SWTOR?
No

Aetideus's Avatar


Aetideus
03.04.2014 , 11:32 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
I don't think much will change with the bolster system. The issue with the design is they will always have to raise the floor on PvE gear to keep their gap between bolstered PvE gear and BiS PvP gear, relatively the same. What I suspect will happen is the item rating requirement for full bolster will now be in the 470 range, meaning you can wear 66/66/66 purples, and not get an EXP nerf. This also means combos like 69/69/61, or 72/69/58 will become more viable than Obroan. Same thing happened to Partisan and Conq gear.


Even if they release new raid gear, bolster will nerf them hard, and lord knows we don't need new gear to counter new raid gear in OW... There is absolutely no point in adding anymore PvP gear until they decide if PvP will be gear based or not.
Exactly that. 72 will be cheeper and 72/66/63 viable if bolster is not fixed.