Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Obroan Relic of Shield Amplification not proccing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Obroan Relic of Shield Amplification not proccing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cxten
03.03.2014 , 09:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
Never in my experience have I lost 50% hp at Zero in any difficulty.

This is you, isn't it?

Quote:
22:31:40.749 Corruptor Zero's Sweeping Slash hits Irisa for 24413 kinetic damage, causing 24413 threat.
22:31:40.749 Corruptor Zero kills Irisa.
Not to pick on you particularly, but you did sort of ask for it...

Anyway, the thrust of my post was that in progression, if you haven't yet figured out the fight completely, it's likely your tanks will at some point have too many stacks. Both the healers can learn to compensate, and the tanks can get better at swapping, and by February, I'm sure both are happening for you, but possibly not for any who are now progressing.

Leafy_Bug
03.03.2014 , 09:38 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by cxten View Post

This is you, isn't it?

Not to pick on you particularly, but you did sort of ask for it...

Anyway, the thrust of my post was that in progression, if you haven't yet figured out the fight completely, it's likely your tanks will at some point have too many stacks. Both the healers can learn to compensate, and the tanks can get better at swapping, and by February, I'm sure both are happening for you.

I am running for the hills by the way. You found a log where Combat technique was healing me, i had no gear, was testing far from optimized, was spiky, and I took a bit of damage? Silly me for having a bad log on torparse. Still have to see when I lost 50% in 1 global from Zero even with bad logs

cxten
03.03.2014 , 09:41 PM | #13
I am running for the hills by the way. You found a log where Combat technique was healing me, i had no gear, was testing far from optimized, was spiky, and I took a bit of damage? Silly me for having a bad log on torparse. Still have to see when I lost 50% in 1 global from Zero even with bad logs
As I said, I wasn't picking on you particularly. That was exactly my point: if you're progressing and haven't got the fight locked down yet (and are also in gear of the previous tier, as is likely during progression), you'll likely take big hits.

Leafy_Bug
03.03.2014 , 09:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by cxten View Post
As I said, I wasn't picking on you particularly. That was exactly my point: if you're progressing (and are hence in gear of the previous tier...), you'll likely take big hits.
Yes, you take big hits but you don't blame the relic for that, correct? The guy said 'my shield did not kick in' or something like that? This was my point that when you take a crap load of damage, the relic will not save you. How many times i swapped at 3 stacks, other tank lost aggro to me and without realising I was at 7 stacks and was borderline dead but still not lost 50% of HP in one global

cxten
03.03.2014 , 09:53 PM | #15
Yes, you take big hits but you don't blame the relic for that, correct?
Here we are in agreement.

SCHodge
03.04.2014 , 12:01 AM | #16
That's just embarrassing to blame the relic. It shows a complete lack of understanding, skill, and class on the tank's part.

The proper, gentlemanly thing for the tank to do in this situation is, as all good tanks know, blame the healer!

Clarin Hodco, Shadow Tank & Whiner Extraordinaire